Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #31
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Exactly,i do feel a little sorry for them both though ,it was Dd8 Sports Day today,Dd4 had her open evening today+missed meeting her new teacher,as in Sep she will be leaving Nursery+going into reception,Dd4 should be going to a party tomorrow+another next week but were not letting her go as there both with kids from Nursery+other schools.I feel really bad,but would feel even worse if i sent them+they got Swine Flu.
But they both know that there not on there Hols till next Friday and i have been 'home schooling' them.Maths+Reading+Spelling for Dd8 and Reading,Counting,Shapes+Colours for Dd4.x.
It is sad that they are missing out on the fun stuff but I am sure with your new found freedom........you will more than make up for it over the holidays.

As for the other mum's - ignore them. If one of their kids caught it then they would soon change their tune. x x x

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #32
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Thanks guys,at least i don't feel like i am going OTT now.
Still just the 4 cases of confirmed Swine Flu,but there is now 20 cases waiting for results from the swab tests.I honestly can't see me sending them next week either.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #33
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Swine flu is also in my childrens school - as i believe is now the majority not the minority - I have asked advice from the medical proffesion about what to do with sending kids to school as my ds8 is immune suppresant and although he is not at school at the moment my other 3 kids are there!! The advice i have recieved unamiously is to send them as Swine flu is in our community so even keeping them off is not going to protect them ! We could catch it from the supermarket trolley, the person behind us in a que, cashpoint buttons etc
So although we have been advised to be extra vigilant for my little ones coming down with any symptoms the advice has been carry on as normal !!
Ths does worry me but I do see why that advice has been given unless im going to wrap them up in bubble wrap and not go out we cant protect them from it !!
Hoping this makes sense to others who are reading this x

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #34
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Swine flu is also in my childrens school - as i believe is now the majority not the minority - I have asked advice from the medical proffesion about what to do with sending kids to school as my ds8 is immune suppresant and although he is not at school at the moment my other 3 kids are there!! The advice i have recieved unamiously is to send them as Swine flu is in our community so even keeping them off is not going to protect them ! We could catch it from the supermarket trolley, the person behind us in a que, cashpoint buttons etc
So although we have been advised to be extra vigilant for my little ones coming down with any symptoms the advice has been carry on as normal !!
Ths does worry me but I do see why that advice has been given unless im going to wrap them up in bubble wrap and not go out we cant protect them from it !!
Hoping this makes sense to others who are reading this x
I was advised similar,but to not send Dd4 to Nursery as she is under 5yrs(at risk case)but to carry on sending Dd8(4 confirmed cases in her school).But my opinion is;- i understand that you can catch it anywhere-but i have no idea about the people that are around me-i am none the wiser.But to personally send my child into a school with 4 confirmed+20 waiting is a big No.That's like waving a red rag at a bull.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: