Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Need advice on how to book split stay

Hello fellow Dis'ers!! I have a couple questions on how to book a split stay. I'm planning on doing a split stay May 19-28. Wanting to stay 3 nights at AKL and 6 nights at Poly. I usually book my wdw vacation packages online and am not sure how to do this as I have never done a split stay before. I realize I cannot book until package rates come out in mid august, but I'm wondering how to do this. Was thinking check in May 19 at AKL, checkout on May 22. Checkin May 22 at poly, checkout May 28. I also know it will have 2 separate reservations with 2 deposits. But if I put the dates in like that to book wouldn't I be getting charged for the 22nd twice? I'm confused?
Would greatly appreciate all the advice I can get!! TIA!!

Me DH DS DD
wishinuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

You pay per NIGHT, so no, you wouldn't be paying for the same day twice.

The first you enter in your checkout date of (whatever you said) the 28th. You are not charged for the night of the 28th, only the 27th.

The next reservation is check-on on the 28th, you would pay for that night on the 2nd reservation.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

I call in our ressies when doing a split stay, you will have to put down 2 deposits, and have 2 confirmation numbers. I do not usually do 2 packages tho, especially if requiring the base MYW ticket. Our last split was POP/POLY. We were at POP 3 nights 8/11, 12, and 13 on a room only ressie. Then on the 14th we switched over to the POLY on the free dining package ( at that time)Since we were at WDW 3 days before we were able to use our mandatory 1 day base MYW tix, we pre-purchased multiday passes to cover our whole trip, and saved our 1 day MYW from the package for a future trip.
WDW moved our bags for us from POP to POLY and we continued our trip. We did check out of POP EARLY....so that we could check into Poly early, then spent time at MK until our room was ready. We did not have our tickets transferred onto our KTTW, we purposely kept them seperate from our POLY room key as that was also our 1 day base we made sure we DID NOT use on that trip.
You should not be charged for the 22 twice as you will be checking out the 22nd ( charged for night of the 21 at AKL) and then new ressie checking in on the 22 at the Polynesian. Again, I like to call to make a split stay, sometimes the CM can *link* your ressies which helps and you may have only 1 confirmation number....but that may have changed.
Enjoy your stay, sounds great!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
1gr8mouse
My teens slow me down at WDW

I think your responses are correct.....
We did a split stay...POFQ and OKW.....we did 2 sep. ressies, we told them at POFQ and they linked us to the next one......we did have to "cash out" at POFQ.

Keep in mind on the luggage transfer to find out if they will deliver to your room without you there.....(they wouldnt at OKW, they didnt tell us that either)...so when we got to our room at 11:00pm we didnt have our luggage and the bellman were gone for the night.....a night manager had to deliver it....We had a group of 6 that trip so we had a lot of luggage....I left $50 with the bags at POFQ, but those guys never delivered them to us.....I felt bad for the manager.....I gave him $10 and explained it to him.......he was good with it.....

It should work out fine...they are used to split stays!!!
1gr8mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for the great information!! I think I will just make the reservations over the phone this time just to avoid any problems once I get there. Sounds like that's what would work out better. And thanks for the tip on the luggage!!

Here's wishing everyone a magical day!!

Me DH DS DD
wishinuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: