Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
americangeiko
Bad Fairy

Talking The Official Spring 2010 PI Thread

Well, after another full year of college, I'm back to give it another go during my last semester! (W00t for being a senior finally!)

If I don't managed to find/get the PI I want I'm going take my last semester abroad in Paris, and come back fluent in French, and ready to either take CP in SoCal, or a CP in Florida!
americangeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
can84
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping the third time's the charm! I'm doing the CP in the fall, and am going to give it one more shot. Both times I applied the positions were cancelled but maybe things will be better next spring! What are you thinking of applying for?

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
can84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
americangeiko
Bad Fairy

For PI: Stage Technician, Costume Design, Costume Workshop, and maybe one or two others.

For CP: Costuming in WDW and DL

If I can't get any of these, I'm going to Paris.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

hey! im really excited about finally applying for a PI. I did the CP last fall, and now i want to do something in the animal programs. I would really like to do the vet hospital internship, but im not really picky either.

Im just dying to get back to FL. And I think I'll apply to a PI and another CP for the fall. however its hard to justify doing a CP in the spring because im on the quarter system and i'd be missing 2 quarters. Of course if I got a PI i wouldnt think twice.

I feel like i should know this, but do you guys know when the applications come out? I know the CP applications come out mid august.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
avsemijalac
Merchandising CP Fall 2009 Advantage * e-Solutions Marketing PI Spring 2010

Hey! My name is Amanda and I am currently a Merchandise CP in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland! I applied for a few PI's for the Fall 09 term, but was unsuccessful. I think with having the CP on my resume now, I have a better chance getting a PI! I graduated with a Fine Arts - Electronic Media major, so I'm hoping to get something Graphic Design or with the Disney Design Group (DDG)!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

The job postings for Spring 09 went up in early August.

However, the ones for fall 09 went up at a variety of different times so you had to keep checking each week... some were just posted in late April (with a June start date).
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
jeff318
Mouseketeer

I thought I posted in this last night, but I guess not.

I was a CP in Spring '08 (Vacation Planning) and then a campus rep. I was a professional intern in marketing in Spring 2009, and hopefully will be after I graduate in December as either full time or a PI... if not, the CP is an option too.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
kristilovesdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangeiko View Post
For PI: Stage Technician, Costume Design, Costume Workshop, and maybe one or two others.

For CP: Costuming in WDW and DL

If I can't get any of these, I'm going to Paris.
Costuming and Costume Workshop are my choices as well. I applied last semester with no luck... Hopefully we'll see these particular PI's come up this semester! Good luck americangeiko!
kristilovesdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
ashliejere
Mouseketeer

where are the internships posted at? I went to disney.go.com/careers and looked at the openings and there were a few things listed there but I'm not sure if those are the PI's.
ashliejere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
Lukas87
Mouseketeer

That is where they will be, but none are posted yet. Got a few weeks to go before they will be posted, possibly a bit longer.
Lukas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #11
americangeiko
Bad Fairy

Some internships have begun to be posted.

None are entertainment based, and the majority look like either Mgrs positions or Epcot/Animal Kingdom internships (the vet ones).
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
sneekypeeks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff318 View Post
I thought I posted in this last night, but I guess not.

I was a CP in Spring '08 (Vacation Planning) and then a campus rep. I was a professional intern in marketing in Spring 2009, and hopefully will be after I graduate in December as either full time or a PI... if not, the CP is an option too.
Hey Jeff, I would like to get with you to find out more information about the vacation planner position as that is my number 1 postition. My interview is Wednesday night. I am PM'ing you my number, if you have time, I would greatly appreciate a call. The questions will be based on ticket variations as well as price information. I won't take no more than 15-20 minutes of your time.

Thanks,
Summer
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Epcot science/ Animal Kingdom internships

Does anyone know how many spots are usually available for the Epcot science and Animal Kingdom internships? My sister is thinking of applying, and I think she'd be perfect for some of these internships, as she just graduated pre-med with a lot of lab/ research experience. Just wondering if anyone knows how many internships are generally available for each of the listings - if it's just 1 position, or more like 5-10 positions, or more? Thanks! And good luck to all applying for the Spring 2010 PI!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOrville View Post
Does anyone know how many spots are usually available for the Epcot science and Animal Kingdom internships? My sister is thinking of applying, and I think she'd be perfect for some of these internships, as she just graduated pre-med with a lot of lab/ research experience. Just wondering if anyone knows how many internships are generally available for each of the listings - if it's just 1 position, or more like 5-10 positions, or more? Thanks! And good luck to all applying for the Spring 2010 PI!
i havent done a PI before but i am certain that most of those positions only have about 1 or 2 spots. Thats what i was told by Cms in animal programs during my CP as i am very interested in these too. They are supposedly very competitive, but it looks like they are well worth it.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
sneekypeeks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOrville View Post

She also has to still be a student when she applies. If she has already graduated, she can't apply till she beings med school *I think*. Good luck to her no matter what though, it does sound like she would be awesome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: