Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

is downtown disney open christmas day?

Is DT Disney open on Christmas day? We're thinking the Magic Kingdom will be SWAMPED. Trying to come up with a Christmas day plan. We were thinking a movie and eating at Wolfgang Pucks and some shopping. Please tell me establishments in DT Disney are open on Christmas day! If not, what park will be LEAST crowded on Christmas day?

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Charleyann
Someone spilled the beans
Just 70 more days till that smell comes again

Yes Downtown Disney is open Christmas Day!

We were in Downtown Disney last Christmas 08. We took the boat from Port Orleans French Quarters to Downtown Disney and went to Disney Quest. All the stores were open along the way.

I commented to another person how it didn't seem it was Christmas, because there were people everyone .
They were shopping, dining and sitting around.....

Charleyann

Planning on being at Downtown Disney this Christmas too. See ya there!

Charleyann
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

We may be at DTD wit both of you! Haven't decided what we will be doing but I know we won't be in a park.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

In the past my family and I have been to Downtown Disney on Christmas Day and the crowds were better then I thought, because it was not like being in the Magic Kingdom that day.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Charleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogodisney View Post
We may be at DTD wit both of you! Haven't decided what we will be doing but I know we won't be in a park.
Hey, the more the merrier! LOL.....I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas.....

Sing it enough and soon it will be Christmas!!!!

Charleyan
Old 07-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Charleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
In the past my family and I have been to Downtown Disney on Christmas Day and the crowds were better then I thought, because it was not like being in the Magic Kingdom that day.
You are right. Crowds are not as crazy as MK!

Charleyann
Old 07-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

But there is no snow in DTD on Christmas Day.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #8
Charleyann

I live in on the East Coast of Canada. Fredericton, NB. We got 14 feet of snow. Storm after Storm and bitterly cold. Three days were at 50 below with the wind factor. Schools had to be closed because of the extreme cold. It cost well over $500 to keep my driveway plowed of snow! One week we had three major snowstorms. It was a long, long winter. I went to the Carribean for a week and then Disney for three weeks. The whole month of December.

It was great that the grass was green, flowers were in bloom. You could swim and oh my gosh....the beautiful blue skies of Florida....We don't have that blue!

This summer, here in the East Coast has been a bummer. It has not stop raining since June 19th when it started. Extended forescast says for the next 10 days rain!!!!! One day of sunshine. We usually have nice summers. Very warm and humid. Only two months, but do we look forward to it. This year we'll be lucky to get two weeks!!!!

I go back to Carribean on a cruise and then back to Disney and take my first Disney cruise . I come for the blue skies, warm weather and beautiful lush foilage. Seeing no SNOW in dowtown Disney is a blessing!!!! Cause I know come January what will be in store the next three months..

I will not go to Blizzard Beach, that will simple ruin my vacation. I live that Blizzard lifestyle! I have been longing for Typhoon Lagoon but for the last few Decembers and this past March with another visit it was closed for rehab. I am hoping it is open this Christmas. So I can float on the lazy river with a tropical drink soaking up the sun and beautiful FLorida skies and landscaping....

Please no snow for Downtown Disney!

Charleyann

Charleyann
Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleyann View Post
Hey, the more the merrier! LOL.....I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas.....

Sing it enough and soon it will be Christmas!!!!

Charleyan
My family thinks I'm because I was listening to Disney music the other day. If I start singing Christmas music they will really think I'm

I made our ressies for this trip in January and our wait is finally half over!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
shortbusmom
Mouseketeer

we have been to Disney two Christmas in a row, everything is open on Christmas Day, we enjoy going to Epoct that day, it isn't as crowded as the other parks and we are able to enjoy the Christmas Processional in the evening and then go over to Holloywood Studios to see the Osborne Lights, it makes for a wonderful enjoyable day. This year we are arriving on the 2nd of January DS doesn't have to be at school until the middle of January and it will give us so down time after the holidays.
Carole - WDW- 1974, WDW -1977,Honeymoom LBV 1984, Tree House Villas -1987, Off Property - 1992Shades of Green - 1994, Off Property 2003, Off Property - 2005DVC Members SSR- 2005, DVC SSR -2006, DVC- SSR- Christmas 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge/ Wilderness (DVC) 2007, DVC SSR-Christmas 2007, Bonnet's Creek -2008, Disney Magic Cruise/ Broadwalk -2008, DVC SSR - 2009, Disney Magic 2009DVC AKV 2010, Disney Cruise Eastern 2010, Disney Cruise B2B Castaway Cay 2010 -SSR/Yacht Club 2011 -Wilderness Villas 2012 -Disney Eastern Cruise Feb 2012- Vero Beach 2012- Member Cruise 2012- Disney Eastern Cruise 2012-SSR 2012 - Hilton Head 2013 -BLT 2013 - Adventures by Disney NYC July 2013 - Animal Kingdom August 2013 - Boardwalk 2013 - Member Cruise 2013 -BLT 2013- Disney Cruise Eastern Oct 2013 Disney Magic 2014 - Boardwalk 2014
DVC home resorts- SSR, AKV, GC
shortbusmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: