Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Sept Questions-Weather and 1st MNSSHP

I have a late Oct/early Nov trip planned for my family plus my mom. I just priced Labor Day weekend and it is a lot cheaper with free dining. But, I am wondering, how is the weather the first part of September? I would assume it is still very hot but what about rain potential compared to late Oct. Also, the whole purpose of our trip was to do MNSSHP. If I move it to Sept, we would have to do the first MNSSHP. Is it crowded being the first one and are all the decorations up for the party compared to late Oct? Oh, one more thought, how crowded is Labor Day weekend?

Thanks!
Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Early Sept is VERY VERY HOT AND VERY VERY HUMID. Daily rain showers still are common.The MNSSHP is fully decorated for the 1st party. Really none of the resorts or parks do all that much in terms of decor.The only thing decked out is MK
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
tinkerlisa
DIS Veteran

I am going the week of Labor Day with my family...I hear it will be hot and most likely humid but I heard that crowds die down because Florida kids will be back at school and most of the rest of the country will be back to. I, even though we have 3 school age kids going with us, find that its a great time to go so we are pulling them out for 4 days...When we went in October, we had a few chilly days that prevented us from using the pool. but that was late october. Costumes with MNSSHP in Sept. should be very cool...you will not be comfortable with the heat.
I think october is a better time to go for the halloween party, but however after going 3 years ago, we are hooked and this is our 2nd time going so we are stoked about going whenever Disney has it!
As far as rain, my cousin lives a bit away from Disney(about an hour and a half) and she tells me that the rain is worse in July and the first part of August.

To keep you informed, I just got a pin code in the mail offering free dining through November 15th(?) so you might be able to see if can get free dining during your October trip!
tinkerlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
mandy0528
Earning My Ears

We were there for the 1st party last year and it was not crowded at all. We purchased our tickets at the gate the day before and the ticket agent told us that it was very, very undersold. It worked out great for us!
mandy0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Yay that is a great thing to hear, as we will be at the first one too.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerlisa View Post
I am going the week of Labor Day with my family...I hear it will be hot and most likely humid but I heard that crowds die down because Florida kids will be back at school and most of the rest of the country will be back to. I, even though we have 3 school age kids going with us, find that its a great time to go so we are pulling them out for 4 days...When we went in October, we had a few chilly days that prevented us from using the pool. but that was late october. Costumes with MNSSHP in Sept. should be very cool...you will not be comfortable with the heat.
I think october is a better time to go for the halloween party, but however after going 3 years ago, we are hooked and this is our 2nd time going so we are stoked about going whenever Disney has it!
As far as rain, my cousin lives a bit away from Disney(about an hour and a half) and she tells me that the rain is worse in July and the first part of August.

To keep you informed, I just got a pin code in the mail offering free dining through November 15th(?) so you might be able to see if can get free dining during your October trip!

Thanks for letting me know. I think I am going to change our plans today. My DS wants to be Russell from UP so I am trying to find a costume or have one made like that. It should not be too hot.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Yay that is a great thing to hear, as we will be at the first one too.

Yay, for us!!! I am in the process of rescheduling our trip!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
mickeyoverload
Mouseketeer

yeah we originially had a late Sept/ early Oct trip planned for my bday. But because of some things having to do with my job, I have had to reschedule it for Labor Day. I am not really happy about this because we are actually going to miss the first MNSSHP and there will not be another until the day after we leave. I really wish that DW would schedule another one.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
aras4007
Mouseketeer

My family and I were at Disney last October over Columbus Day Weekend for the MNNSHP. It was VERY hot then too. I don't know if thats normal but it was 90's and humid.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: