Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
DisHornFan
Mouseketeer

A last minute PTR - Inaugural Mother/Daughter Roadtrip/Disney Vaca

Hello there! This PTR is brought to you by the letters C and K, who happen to be two of the biggest Disney fanatics that ever were. Neither of us has ever done a trip report, and since we are doing our first mother-daughter trip, we decided to give it a whirl!

So here it goes......please keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle at all times.....

Who: Me (Courtney, Seasonal CM-Tomorrowland Attractions) & Mom (Kelly, lifelong disney fanatic, who carried out her duty as a mother and passed down this fanaticism to me)

What: Very first mother-daughter getaway

When: July 27th - Aug 2nd

Why: Well there's a long story behind it, but here's the short version. I am about to start law school in the fall, but have spent the last year working at WDW (starting with the College Program in Spring 08). I have grown to love and appreciate the magic more than I can put into words. I really wanted to go back right before school, visit my friends, and just relax before I started what will probably be one of the most stressful times in my life. I was originally planning to fly and stay with someone, just hang around. Soon, however, for reasons beyond my control, my trip hit some roadblocks, and I started to think about my options. I started talking to my Mom, throwing around the idea of driving to Orlando (which I hate doing, but I wanted the option of driving around Orlando and renting a car was $$$). After carefully discussing dates and moving some things around, we were very excited to decide to take our very first mother-daughter trip to Disney!

This trip report promises to be a doozy, complete with a road-trip (Houston to Orlando), visit to the grandparents, and probably many unexpected surprises. So stay tuned! We'll keep you updated

Here is a picture of us for my 22nd birthday last year during my College Program:

WDW CP Spring 2008 Attractions- Space Mountain
Seasonal 2008-2012

Last edited by DisHornFan; 07-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
DisHornFan
Mouseketeer

A few more details.....

Here are just a few more details on our upcoming trip.

We leaving the Houston area on Saturday early morning and taking a day to relax at the beach. The grandparents live in the Pensacola area, so we'll be spending saturday and sunday night there, leaving Monday morning for Orlando. When we arrive to Orlando, we'll be checking in to Pop Century for the entirety of our stay. Both Mom and I really love this resort. Its really cute and fun, with an ok food court. It isn't our favorite out of all the hotels, but definitely our most-liked Value resort. We are also participating in a fridge swap starting on tuesday through sunday. I'm not sure of our exact itinerary, I'll let my mom post that, though I do know we'll be spending her birthday (wednesday, 29th) in the Magic Kingdom. Also on sunday we'll be meeting up with my uncle and his family, who will be starting their week-long Disney vacation.

I will probably be working in the MK thursday and friday night if anyone wants to come visit me! That's all I can think of for now, look for more updates later in the week!

Seasonal 2008-2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

i just found your PTR and i am jumping on board! you are going to have a blast on your mother daughter trip!! my mom and I took a Mother daughter trip in 2006!!! and it was one of the most memorable trips i had in disney) we had the times of our lives and we will always have those mother daughter memories

Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
jgart
Earning My Ears

I hope you and your mom have a great time. We will also be at Disney the same week.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Kellyh123
DIS Veteran

The first time I went to Disney was in 1974. I
went with my family and we used the famous letter tickets. Oh those E tickets were something. I went again a few years later with my grandmother and then not again until 1997 with my husband my DD 11 and DS 8. We had a wonderful time but my daughter is the one who really fell in love. We have gone somewhere around 10 times since then. My husband does like Disney but he does not like the heat or road trips. My son is 20 and tells me he has had his fill of Disney. He says that now. We will see what happens in a few years.

I told my daughter about the College Program and she went, loved it and decided to stay for an extra year. Good for her not always so good for me. Florida is a long way from Texas. I am a teacher and I have had a very stressful year. I love love love being in Disney and very few people understand this but my daughter does. I love love love being with my daughter.
So Disney with my daughter boy I don't know how it can get much better

We will be staying at POP.

This is a tentative itinerary:

Tuesday July 28
Morning Animal Kingdom
Evening Hollywood Studios

Wednesday July 29 MY BIRTHDAY
Where else but Magic Kingdom all day.
We will be having a birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8.

Thursday July 30
Studios and Epcot morning
late afternoon Animal Kingdom
lunch at Le Cellier 1:00

Friday July 31
morning Magic Kingdom
Evening Epcot

Saturday Aug 1
Morning Magic Kingdom
Evening Epcot

Sunday Aug 2
Magic Kingdom
Dinner with my brother and his family at House of Blues 7

Monday Aug 3
Magic Kingdom morning

lunch
Leave for home in the afternoon

As you can tell Magic Kingdom is my favorite park.

Well as you can tell my daughter is the writer. I will add things as necessary but I think mostly I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
Kellyh123
DIS Veteran

We leave in two days and I am getting so excited! I am trying to think of fun things to do to help the car ride not be so boring. I am going to get some books on CD but it is always fun finding a book we both agree on.
Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
Kellyh123
DIS Veteran

Should I wait or shouldn't I? Hmmmm
Well of course I should.

I was going to Walmart to buy supplies for our road and Disney trip. I called my daughter and asked her what she wanted me to buy for her?

Her answer Mommmm you can't go without me.
Now mind you C is in Austin working and will be home Friday night around 9 and we leave Saturday morning about 6. I have all week to get everything but ....
We all know how the excitement for the trip is the night before and getting the last minute things is of course a part of the trip.
Soooo I will wait until Friday night for the Walmart trip.

Wouldn't you.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
DisHornFan
Mouseketeer

Well it's 11pm here in Texas, and we are excitedly packing our bags, just back from our late-night wally world run. Both of us are running around, trying to make sure we have everything we planned on packing. I am currently trying to locate my camera battery charger, and am having no luck . OH well, just have to use Mom's.

Anyway, tomorrow we will be arriving in Florida, but at the grandparents until Monday morning. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather! (I am terrified of driving through bad weather) It always seems to be terrible driving through Louisiana, but maybe tomorrow will be different.

Off to bed now, resting up for the long drive!!!

We'll update again hopefully sometime after we get there

so excited!!!!!!!!:ba nana:: dance3:

Seasonal 2008-2012
Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #9
DisHornFan
Mouseketeer

Forgot to remind everyone, if you are going to be in the Magic Kingdom for Spectro/Wishes on thursday or friday night, look for me! Don't be afraid to stop and say hello!

Seasonal 2008-2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: