Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
bubblycoconut
Mouseketeer

I feel like I'm just not meant to go back disney

I just found out today that my DH needs to come back home earlier then we had originally planned which means I'll have to cut the last three days from our trip. Our original trip was just over 2 weeks then it was shortend to 11 days since DS will have to be back for his first day of preschool and now I have to shorten it to 8 days so DH can be back home. I'm so bummed because we had a lot of good adr's those last few days plus we were planning to do MNSSHP on our 2nd to last day. I've had to cancel a couple of other trips this year because of DH's schedule and I'm starting to feel like this one is going to be the same way.

Between our canceled trips last year and this year I feel like we just aren't meant to go back to disney.
bubblycoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Just be happy/thankful to be going! I would love to be able to go for 8 days. What a treat. See if you can re-arrange some of your ADRS or, can you stay a little longer without hubby? Mine wouldn't care

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
ICF
DIS Veteran

Most people would be thrilled to have 8 days at Disney.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
bubblycoconut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Just be happy/thankful to be going! I would love to be able to go for 8 days. What a treat. See if you can re-arrange some of your ADRS or, can you stay a little longer without hubby? Mine wouldn't care
I'm definitly happy that we are still able to go. I know that we will still enjoy it. It has just been tough to keep taking days off the trip and canceling adrs and other things. The two adrs I was really looking forward to on those last few days were Le Cellier & California Grill and so far there haven't been any openings for those at the beginning of our trip. I'm hoping something will open up though.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
pirateofthecarolinas
AIN'T ain't a word!
Guilty of stalking Deb Wills on the monorail
Sometimes hides from her children
Married a bra strap cutter

I would stay and spend some alone time with my son. My DH and I split up almost every time we travel because of his work and our children's schedules. I fly someone down and he comes with the rest. We do it all of the time!

Lori

We're rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves. Drink up me hearties, yo ho. We're devils and black sheep-really bad eggs.
pirateofthecarolinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

It's only preschool... its not like it is high school or anything like that. I would stay!
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
GJM
DIS Veteran

Stay with DS the last couple of days -
Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
ma2jr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
It's only preschool... its not like it is high school or anything like that. I would stay!
I agree
ma2jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

I just cancelled a 7 day cruise and a 7 day stay because of my work obligations. An 8 day stay would be marvelous.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
raysnkaysmom
I don't think I'd mention I was in jail in an interview
I just hope my 4000th post doesn't say something stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
Stay with DS the last couple of days -
October 2010 DTD/Dolphin Honeymoon Getaway
November 2012~ DD 17th birthday visit to MK
raysnkaysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
golfgal
DIS Cast Member
When did vacuums become a status symbol???

Another vote for just staying the extra days with your DS. Also, I wouldn't worry about missing a day or two of preschool either.
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #12
bubblycoconut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateofthecarolinas View Post
I would stay and spend some alone time with my son. My DH and I split up almost every time we travel because of his work and our children's schedules. I fly someone down and he comes with the rest. We do it all of the time!

Lori
DH is in the military and will just be coming back from deployment so staying for a few extra days without him wouldn't be the best option for us. Both myself and ds want to spend as much time with him as we can before he has to leave again.

I did think about taking DS on a trip later though to go to the halloween party since we will be missing it this trip.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
ericamanda01
Some people dream in black and white, I dream in Disney!
Noodles for Poodles!!
Just think how boring the world would be if we were all the same!

Don't waste your time dwelling on what you don't have, enjoy what you do have. I have friends that are losing jobs, homes and will not take vacations for years in order to recover. I'm not bashing you in anyway, I completely understand the disappointment you feel about shortening your vacation, but really, when you look back on this trip your memories won't be of the length but the fun you had with your family. I vote with the others, spend the time with your son in the parks just the two of you if you can.
ME DVC Member 2006 DH

ericamanda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblycoconut View Post
I'm definitly happy that we are still able to go. I know that we will still enjoy it. It has just been tough to keep taking days off the trip and canceling adrs and other things. The two adrs I was really looking forward to on those last few days were Le Cellier & California Grill and so far there haven't been any openings for those at the beginning of our trip. I'm hoping something will open up though.

I would just keep trying right until the last minute

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
JR6ooo4

The Dr. Seuss of Poo
Using kerosene lanterns for light? Kerosene, who are you kidding? When did they invent kerosene?

Location: Arlington Heights, Illinois (26 miles Northwest of Walt's Birthplace)

Ya, sorry, no help here either. It would be great to go for 8 days. If I could afford it or be able to have that much time off work. Not that I don't, I currently get at least 4 weeks vacation after thirty years at the company.

and if that was not the only vacation of the year...????

Mikeeee
JR6ooo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: