Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

We love Embassy Suites South on Harbor! We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. This was our hotel of choice before we starting staying at GCH. This is a great hotel! We love the great breakfast and the extra room! I must mention the free wine/beer, cocktails, juice slushes and snacks ( pretzels, popcorn, etc.) served in the evening! I love those slushes! I am in line with all the kids for those slushes!

If we are not at the Grand, this hotel would definitely be one of the hotels we would choose to stay!

Lawrence is the manager. Lawrence is awesome and will do his best for you!

Last edited by disney4metoo; 09-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.
disney4metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
Tyr23
Gotta love the Mouse!

Great review! We were just there 6/23-6/28 and had a good stay. The only downfall was that we arrived too early to check-in (1:30) so we headed to DLR after storing our bags. When we got back at 11:30 that night, the person checking us in had us wait at the front desk for about 15 minutes while he "checked on something."

Turns out that our requested room (high floor/Disney view) had been flooded so we ended up in a 3rd floor room instead. He did offer to walk us to another property at no charge but we were exhausted and took the room. I had specifically wanted a higher floor because we knew from previous experience (this was our third stay) that the lobby gets noisy and you really hear it from the lower floors.

Love the breakfast and the manager's reception! ART is also very easy to use.

WDW Trips
OKW - 2008
Offsite - 2001 & 2005
Vero Beach - 1999
Boardwalk - 1999
Wilderness Lodge - 1999
Grand Floridian - 1998
Tyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr23 View Post
Great review! We were just there 6/23-6/28 and had a good stay. The only downfall was that we arrived too early to check-in (1:30) so we headed to DLR after storing our bags. When we got back at 11:30 that night, the person checking us in had us wait at the front desk for about 15 minutes while he "checked on something."

Turns out that our requested room (high floor/Disney view) had been flooded so we ended up in a 3rd floor room instead. He did offer to walk us to another property at no charge but we were exhausted and took the room. I had specifically wanted a higher floor because we knew from previous experience (this was our third stay) that the lobby gets noisy and you really hear it from the lower floors.

Love the breakfast and the manager's reception! ART is also very easy to use.
It's funny how everyone is different. I am very sensitive to noise and cannot sleep well if I hear voices, cars, loud air-conditioners, etc. However, we have been on the fourth floor and above and never had a problem with noise from the lobby. We have stayed at least 25+ times. We have also had family members staying in different rooms (some on the second floor) in the hotel and no one had complained of noise. We typically stay on the 6-8 floor.

That was really nice that they were going to comp you a room at another property at no charge!

I agree ART is easy to use! On another note, we also like the hamburgers and club sandwiches at the Serengeti Grill!

We usually stay at the Grand Californian Hotel and we love the convenience, and being on-site, but Embassy Suites ( South) for the large suites, cleanliness, made to order breakfast, free Manager's Reception, and overall hotel is a close second!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #19
WannaBeAPrincess
I love me a Dole Whip....Mmmmmm
They will definitely ask you to fold it up. I know it can be a pain

Embassy Suites is always our hotel of choice too. The full breakfast is absolutely awesome and would cost our family of 6 at least $60 at any restaurant.

We love that the ART comes directly to the front door of the hotel too and drops us off at the front of the park. Couldn't be easier.

Glad you had a great trip!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #20
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

About noise- in the morning when I was in the living room (12th floor) I could hear when the waterfall turned on. In the bedroom we could hear the DL fireworks. At night while sleeping we always bring a small sound machine that plays rain. This way, you don't notice all those weird hotel noises, whatever they may be. Our room was right next to the emergency stairs so we did not have people walking past our room and only had one room next to us. I loved that spot and felt good knowing the stairs were next door.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???

Thank you so much for this review !! Sounds like a wonderful place, but does sound like more money now for car and for internet. I hate to pay for this extra's. the rooms look nice, as do the grounds thank you for sharing with us .

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #22
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the review and great pictures. My family of four will be staying here Dec 19-26 !! And I can not wait.
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
c&m
Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me to the Mouse House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I believe the parking was just added in March because when she said parking was $6, I pointed to our reservation paper that said parking $0. I knew to make sure to bring this because I remember someone posting here about Garden Grove charging a parking fee now. She said since we reserved before March, they would comp us the fee.

The parking in the front of the building was crowded but there was always room on the side and behind the building.
That was me who posted after our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in March. What a shame. This triplex of Hilton hotels are quite the gems.

Love your pictures! Your breakfast looked exactly like our breakfasts at the HGI. We received a complimentary hot breakfast there too with our bed & breakfast rate.
DL July 14 (Hotel Indigo Anaheim), DL August 13 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW July 12 (AKL, Parc Soleil HGV, Hilton Orlando), WDW March 12 (Parc Soleil HGV), DL Paris Aug 11, DL March 11 (Sheraton Park), DL Aug 10 (Sheraton Garden Grove), WDW Aug/Sep 09 (AKL), DL March 09 (Hilton Garden Inn), DL July 08 (Hampton Inn), DL July 07 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW May 05 (Port Orleans Riverside),DL March 04 (Doubletree), DL September 03 (Anaheim Hilton), DL September 02 (Anaheim Marriott), DL September 01 (Hyatt Orange County), DL July 00 (Newport Dunes), WDW May 00 (Dolphin), DL May 98 (Paradise Pier), WDW January 97 (Port Orleans French Quarter), WDW August 95 (Days Inn), DL 94 (Holiday Inn)
c&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #24
PinkBudgie

Well, thanks for the heads up about that. I knew to watch for that because of what you said. Yes, that's a nice place. Easy drive to and from the parks. I think our next trip we will try Candy Cane Inn. I'd like to try a walking distance park since we've never done that. We've also stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Garden Grove and that was nice too. I like to try out different places.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #25
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review and pics! I'm thinking about staying here w/my Dad in December. I like that all the rooms are suites, so you can have separate space if necessary. My Dad doesn't sleep much, and his laptop sometimes keeps me up at night..so it would be nice if he could go somewhere else to use it at night.

Isn't there a private shuttle for this hotel now? I thought they provide one.
roxy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #26
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy72 View Post
Isn't there a private shuttle for this hotel now? I thought they provide one.
When we stayed there a couple years back, we had to take ART to get to the parks. There was an ART stop right outside the hotel. Very convenient!

We loved staying there and would happily stay there again if we weren't trying out the DL Hotel this time around.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Tasmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #27
PinkBudgie

There was no shuttle when we went. The ART bus was right out front. We never took that because we liked to drive ourselves and not have to worry about busses.

I loved having two rooms. When I woke up early with one of my bad headaches I was able to go out to the living room and watch tv without waking up DH. That sofa is also a hide away bed, so it is also like two bedroom.

If you don't mind being about a mile from the park, it is a great deal for a very nice place.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #28
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
There was no shuttle when we went. The ART bus was right out front. We never took that because we liked to drive ourselves and not have to worry about busses.

I loved having two rooms. When I woke up early with one of my bad headaches I was able to go out to the living room and watch tv without waking up DH. That sofa is also a hide away bed, so it is also like two bedroom.

If you don't mind being about a mile from the park, it is a great deal for a very nice place.
You know what, it's probably the Embassy Suites North that has their own shuttle. I am just getting so confused, trying to keep track of all the different hotels in the area! Some have private shuttles, some don't, etc. Thanks for your responses re:ART.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #29
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy72 View Post
You know what, it's probably the Embassy Suites North that has their own shuttle. I am just getting so confused, trying to keep track of all the different hotels in the area! Some have private shuttles, some don't, etc. Thanks for your responses re:ART.
We also love Embassy Suites South. It gives us lots of room and my 16 year old DS and DH love the breakfast! We've stayed there about 3 times now. We usually drive, so shuttles are not an issue. (we get the AAA parkhoppers so parking at DL is free). They use the ART though. I've read elsewhere on this board that Embassy Suites North (an older property) has their own shuttle.

I'm really sorry to hear that they're charging for parking now though. That may be a deal breaker for us. It just irritates me. I'm tempted to stay on property next time anyway with all the deals they're offering. I'd be willing to pay the resort fee to be in a Disney hotel.
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier, WDW November 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Boardwalk Inn
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #30
roxy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocat65 View Post
We also love Embassy Suites South. It gives us lots of room and my 16 year old DS and DH love the breakfast! We've stayed there about 3 times now. We usually drive, so shuttles are not an issue. (we get the AAA parkhoppers so parking at DL is free). They use the ART though. I've read elsewhere on this board that Embassy Suites North (an older property) has their own shuttle.

Do you usually find that it takes longer or shorter to drive and deal with parking, etc, than walking? I have a Premium AP which includes parking, but it always seems to take so darn long to deal with parking, the tram, etc. That's why I prefer to be walking-distance (and it seems the Embassy Suites South isn't walking distance). I just wish they were closer to the park!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: