Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whci hotel do you like best out of these three?
Howard Johnson 12 60.00%
Candy Cane 5 25.00%
Sheraton Anaheim 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

HoJo, Candy Cane or Sheraton Anaheim

Which of these three hotels would you choose and why?

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Howard Johnson... Its close in walking distance, its clean, the service is fantastic, lovely pools for the kids, its right beside one of the best and cheapest restaurants that many of us on here love (MIMI"S), and also the Hojo usually gives an entertainment rate as well I have recently heard of a Disboarder rate if you call up the hotel directly and tell them your a Disboarder.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
tolemommy
Princess who runs with pugs and loves to find hidden mickeys.

HoJo's ~ AAA discount, walking distance to the parks, save $ no parking fees, great pools, clean rooms, walking distance to off property restaurants, and the reservation staff on property are friendly & helpful.
WDW Port Orleans 08/02 WDW Off-Property 07/03 WDW All-Star, OKW, and Hurricane Charlie 08/04 WDW OKW 08/05 WDW AKL & BCV 08/06 DL-Off Property 2007 DLHM DC/WC aboard the Magic 03/11 DL-Off Property 2012 TBHM WDW-Off Property 2012 WADHM & CTC DL-Off Property 2013 Dumbo Dare Challenge
tolemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

If the cost was the same for all three?

I've stayed at all three and would pick CCI. The rooms are the cutest, the (free) breakfast is very nice, the (free) dedicated shuttle is a godsend for tired feet, the staff are top notch, the (free) parking is right in front of your room and the grounds are the prettiest of all three.

Sheraton is more of a "hotel" and hence better amenities (on site restaurant & bar). Hojo's has the best pool/play area. Hojo's also has an excellent reputation. I really like all three properties, go with what matters most to you and your family. Have a wonderful trip.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #5
Mortimer Mouse
Keep eating that popcorn, MM. Keep eating it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
If the cost was the same for all three?

I've stayed at all three and would pick CCI.
I agree with this...
Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Sheraton Anaheim about 3-4 times and CCI once...we're going back again to CCI this August.

The last time we stayed at Sheraton Anaheim (in '05) we were very disappointed...the room was in poor condition, the pool was dirty and the shuttle bus was a nightmare--we ended up driving our own car to DL.

For our trip this August, we were originally booked at the Sheraton Park Hotel..they have a nice pool, recently updated rooms and views of DL and $99 per night rate.

But, we decided to change our ressie to CCI--it really is the best choice for our family this trip since my mom will be traveling with us and she's stayed at CCI before and really liked it. CCI's rooms are nice and comfy, they have free parking, free cont. breakfast, a dedicated shuttle, and its closer to Disneyland

I've really never been willing to try HOJO's--even though it gets so many great reviews here on the DIS...I think its a good choice if you have small kids though (because of their pool).

I still want to try the Sheraton Park Hotel...maybe next time!

Hope this helps you make your decision!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
goofyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
23bw
Mouseketeer

I'm going to go against the grain here and recommend the Anaheim Sheraton. Rooms have been completely renovated a few years ago and done nicely. Rooms are large with comfy beds. Full restaurant and bar in the lobby plus free use of internet in their Sheraton Link lounge. Hotel grounds are landscaped nicely with koi pond and modest pool. Book directly with the hotel and you can often find package deals with free full breakfast or other amenities for not much more than the others.

Instead of walking at all, you can take their private shuttle which runs every 30 minutes between the lobby of your hotel and Disneyland gates. Drivers are friendly and their shuttle is reliable. After a long day in the park, it's nice to jump onto their shuttle which takes you right to the hotel.

If all you need is a place to sleep and don't care about much else, then the other motels are fine. But if you like a nice place with some extras, try the Sheraton.
23bw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: