Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #106
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

I'm longing to see some Old Key West pictures!

Is it time yet?
Are we there yet? Are we almost there, huh?
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #107
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
can't wait to hear more!
Glad you made it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
Looking forward to reading more about your trip. You and your boyfriend make such a cute couple.
Aw thanks. Glad you made it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm longing to see some Old Key West pictures!

Is it time yet?
Are we there yet? Are we almost there, huh?
Haha, I'm sorry we're so slow MeMom! It's been crazy busy since we've gotten home with 4th of July...getting ready for Sis's senior pictures on Thursday...unpacking...and I had to take the little guy to the doctor yesterday. I promise...SOON! Don't leave!
tinkgurl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #108
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney
 
Villainess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,578

Joining in - what an awesome dismeet!
__________________
Me (Danielle), 34 DD, 7 DS, 6
Follow me ~ Instagram

Villainess is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #109
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran
 
WillowBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 671.54 miles from the TTC
Posts: 791

Jumping on board with your TR as well. Since we were there at the same time I'm curious to see if any of our time overlapped.

Shame I didn't know you were in Nashville - we live 45 minutes from OpryMills mall. It is a great mall isn't it!
WillowBelle is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #110
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Joining in - what an awesome dismeet!
Glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBelle View Post
Jumping on board with your TR as well. Since we were there at the same time I'm curious to see if any of our time overlapped.

Shame I didn't know you were in Nashville - we live 45 minutes from OpryMills mall. It is a great mall isn't it!

I'd love to see if we were at the same places at the same time! It is a GREAT mall!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #111
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Day 2: Sunday June 21 *Father’s Day*

I woke up a bit earlier than everyone else around 4:45 a.m. I just can’t sleep knowing we’re on our way to WDW! We were out of the room around 6:10 a.m. and drove awhile until we decided to stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas. While at this gas station, I was lucky enough to get checked out by some creep-o truck driver! Ick. After making it past Atlanta, we stopped at a McDonald’s to eat lunch.

FINALLY, we made it to Florida. I had been texting xoktnox all day, but I had to send her a text “WE ARE IN FL NOW!!!!” in all caps! Haha. We always stop at the Welcome Center to get WDW brochures to increase our excitement of getting closer.

Less than an hour later, we made it into Gainesville around 5 p.m. This next bit some of you may have read about when xoktnox did a live update on my PTR for y’all. We were at the stop light waiting to turn…it was the longest red light EVER…and there’s a bum right in line with our car standing out on the grass midsection. He starts checking out our car and mouthing “nnnnnnnnnnnnnice”. He kept looking at Dad, hoping Dad would give him some money but Sis and I kept saying “Don’t look at him Dad, don’t look at him Dad!” There was just something about this bum that was WAY too creepy.

Finally, the light turned green and we made it to our hotel, which was called Homewood Suites-Hilton. It was SO nice…so nice that I had to take pictures to share!

Right when you walk in the door: Haha, Dad’s on the phone telling Grandpa ‘Happy Father’s Day’



Directly to the right-the cutest kitchen:





To the left of the living room- the 1st bedroom with me, B/F, and Sis..I was told they would hurt me if I posted this picture…but they’ll never know so SHHHH!



Our bathroom connected to our bedroom:



To the right of the living room- the 2nd bedroom for Mom and Dad:



Their bathroom connected to their bedroom- Mom says to please excuse her tired car ride face, haha:



After we all got ready, we headed out to Red Lobster to celebrate Father’s Day. There was surprisingly not that bad of a crowd! I’m sorry, but I didn’t write down what we ate this day and I can’t remember what it all was! After we ate, we went to Target to get a few things. I got an electric toothbrush and some cute sandals that were on sale.

Then, we went back to the room and watched ‘Ghostbusters’ on t.v. before going to bed.

Up next: WE MAKE IT TO WDW! What will be our first ride of the day at the MK?
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #112
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!
 
punkin413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: georgia, but i haven't seen a peach tree yet
Posts: 9,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas. While at this gas station, I was lucky enough to get checked out by some creep-o truck driver! Ick.
yep, you were in georgia!

that is one of my pet peeves!!!!! one day i was at a gas station and was walking in to pay and get a bottle of water. i had on jeans and a t-shirt....nothing fancy. it's not like i was dressed like a hoochie mama or anything. anyway, these two guys whistle at me. i just rolled my eyes and kept walking. well, i turned around right before i was going in the store and they were COMING INTO THE STORE, TOO!!!! i mean, what idiot whistles at a girl and then has to face her right afterwards????? usually they at least have enough of a brain to do it as they're pulling away in a car or something. so we get in the store and i hear them still making remarks about me. so finally i get in line and they get right behind me and i'd had it with the laughing and making rude comments by that time, so i turned around and said, "can i ask you something? has the whistling thing EVER worked to actually get you a date??????" they just looked at me, completely stunned and didn't know what to say. i said, "yeah, i didn't think so," and turned back around. why do guys do this???? GET A CLUE!!!!!!

okay....sorry. rant over. i just hate it when someone disrespects a woman like that when said woman isn't asking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Finally, the light turned green and we made it to our hotel, which was called Homewood Suites-Hilton. It was SO nice…so nice that I had to take pictures to share!
wow.....that hotel was VERY nice! i may have to ask you about it later the next time i need a non-disney hotel anywhere. i'm sure it's a chain, right?
punkin413 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #113
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly
 
creativeamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,404

That hotel room looks absolutely beautiful. And, you won't believe this, but I have THAT EXACT SAME BOOKBAG!

Sorry about the creepy guys everywhere--I promise they just have never seen anyone as cute as you and your sister!

Great update--can't wait for more!

I got to get typing soon and finishing, as I have another PTR to start!
__________________
Disney Trips: Jan 2007 (POP); Oct 2008 (POR); June 2009 (POR); Dec 2009 (POFQ); June 2010 (POR);
June 2011 (POR/BC); June 2012 (POP/CSR); Feb 2013 (CSR/BWV); Jan 2014 (POP); July 2014 (ASMu); Jan 2015 (POP)


creativeamanda is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #114
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
yep, you were in georgia!

that is one of my pet peeves!!!!! one day i was at a gas station and was walking in to pay and get a bottle of water. i had on jeans and a t-shirt....nothing fancy. it's not like i was dressed like a hoochie mama or anything. anyway, these two guys whistle at me. i just rolled my eyes and kept walking. well, i turned around right before i was going in the store and they were COMING INTO THE STORE, TOO!!!! i mean, what idiot whistles at a girl and then has to face her right afterwards????? usually they at least have enough of a brain to do it as they're pulling away in a car or something. so we get in the store and i hear them still making remarks about me. so finally i get in line and they get right behind me and i'd had it with the laughing and making rude comments by that time, so i turned around and said, "can i ask you something? has the whistling thing EVER worked to actually get you a date??????" they just looked at me, completely stunned and didn't know what to say. i said, "yeah, i didn't think so," and turned back around. why do guys do this???? GET A CLUE!!!!!!

okay....sorry. rant over. i just hate it when someone disrespects a woman like that when said woman isn't asking for it.

wow.....that hotel was VERY nice! i may have to ask you about it later the next time i need a non-disney hotel anywhere. i'm sure it's a chain, right?
Woo! Go Dawn! I do hate it when guys are like that.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's a chain! You know I'll try and help you with whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
That hotel room looks absolutely beautiful. And, you won't believe this, but I have THAT EXACT SAME BOOKBAG!

Sorry about the creepy guys everywhere--I promise they just have never seen anyone as cute as you and your sister!

Great update--can't wait for more!

I got to get typing soon and finishing, as I have another PTR to start!
The blue bookbag that's my Mom's?! That's hilarious! She loves that bag for WDW. It's been through quite a few trips!

Haha, you're so nice. B/F always protects Sis and I when things like that happens.
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #115
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,024

That kicthen is so cute. What a nice place!!

YAY you make to to Disney in your next update. Can't wait.
Lynn5700 is offline  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #116
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,984

That looked like quite the hotel! We actually stopped in Gainesville to use the restroom on our way up to Northern Florida! They have a very lovely Borders there! I was exhausted on our drive from Orlando to Carrabelle (an hour outside of Tallahassee), so you guys must have been beat! I don't know how I could drive to Disney from Buffalo. Just not gonna happen!
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #117
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
That kicthen is so cute. What a nice place!!

YAY you make to to Disney in your next update. Can't wait.
It was a great place. Finally-Disney next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
That looked like quite the hotel! We actually stopped in Gainesville to use the restroom on our way up to Northern Florida! They have a very lovely Borders there! I was exhausted on our drive from Orlando to Carrabelle (an hour outside of Tallahassee), so you guys must have been beat! I don't know how I could drive to Disney from Buffalo. Just not gonna happen!
Haha, Gainesville is nice! Yeah, we were tired...but it's nice to break the drive up in two nights. Definately keeps us from going nuts in the car!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #118
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran
 
Sunset Cliffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,012

So glad you took pictures. That was a really nice room! It's funny that since I've been on the Dis, I take pictures of the hotel rooms we stay in because I always think "Someone will want to see this." LOL.
Sunset Cliffs is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #119
jenharring
DIS Veteran
 
jenharring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Moncks corner, SC
Posts: 555

Im in and Im all caught up. Great tr so far, I would have hated stopping in Gainsville knowing I was that close to wdw.
__________________
me , dh , dd-11, ds-9 , dd-6 , ds-2 1/2 mos





FYI: IF YOU CANT TELL I CAN'T SPEEL OPPS SPELL [/COLOR]
jenharring is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #120
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Day 2: Sunday June 21 *Father’s Day*

I woke up a bit earlier than everyone else around 4:45 a.m. I just can’t sleep knowing we’re on our way to WDW! We were out of the room around 6:10 a.m. and drove awhile until we decided to stop for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. After we got into Georgia (yeah Dawn!) and changed time zones, we stopped for gas.

FINALLY, we made it to Florida. I had been texting xoktnox all day, but I had to send her a text “WE ARE IN FL NOW!!!!” in all caps! Haha. We always stop at the Welcome Center to get WDW brochures to increase our excitement of getting closer.

After we all got ready, we headed out to Red Lobster to celebrate Father’s Day. There was surprisingly not that bad of a crowd!


Up next: WE MAKE IT TO WDW! What will be our first ride of the day at the MK?
We thought about you Sunday morning and were so excited to to know you were finally headed to Florida!

Flying is so nice, because you get there within two hours, but you do miss the thrill of stopping at the Welcome Center for pictures, juice, and brochures. It does look like we're going to be driving down on our Christmas trip, though, so we'll look forward to doing that again on that trip. Even though we've seen the same brochures a thousand times, it's still exciting. I even lived in Florida (St. Pete), but it's still fun to make that exciting Welcome Center stop!

It's nice that your dad got to be in Florida on Father's Day!



Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
yep, you were in georgia!

that is one of my pet peeves!!!!! one day i was at a gas station and was walking in to pay and get a bottle of water. i had on jeans and a t-shirt....nothing fancy. it's not like i was dressed like a hoochie mama or anything. anyway, these two guys whistle at me. i just rolled my eyes and kept walking. well, i turned around right before i was going in the store and they were COMING INTO THE STORE, TOO!!!! i mean, what idiot whistles at a girl and then has to face her right afterwards????? usually they at least have enough of a brain to do it as they're pulling away in a car or something. so we get in the store and i hear them still making remarks about me. so finally i get in line and they get right behind me and i'd had it with the laughing and making rude comments by that time, so i turned around and said, "can i ask you something? has the whistling thing EVER worked to actually get you a date??????" they just looked at me, completely stunned and didn't know what to say. i said, "yeah, i didn't think so," and turned back around. why do guys do this???? GET A CLUE!!!!!!
Too funny. I'm sure the other people in the store loved it!
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disney Picture of the Day Thread - June 12, 2009 WeatherbySwann Theme Parks Community 3744 02-01-2010 07:48 PM
There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS* cjackearl Completed Trip Reports 717 10-04-2009 08:02 AM
"The Dapplebeans Rejuvenation at Sea" June 20, 2009 *TORTOLA/TONS OF PICS* RoyalVizier Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports 262 10-02-2009 09:11 PM
Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN parkers*momma Budget Board 3728 09-26-2009 11:21 PM
Dis anyone else hear...Aerosmith no longer sponsoring RR nezy Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 19 07-03-2009 11:10 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: