Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #76
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

That's awesome that you had a DIS meet before even getting to Disney!! It sounds like you had so much fun already!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #77
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

That is very seriously cool to have a dis meet with that many dis'ers when you're not even in
florida yet, let alone disney world!! Please compliment your Dad for me! He took a great picture that didn't even cut off anyones head!!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #78
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

it was so awesome meeting you guys, too!!!! your family is so cute and as memom said, your dad was so nice. most men would've gotten frustrated taking that picture with so many different cameras but he just smiled and kept going!

i had to laugh when i saw you guys in the disney store. no surprise that we all ended up there, i guess, huh?

it's so funny - i don't think i sound that southern until i hear myself on a voice mail or something. i sound like a southern chipmunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We do have a good mall.
We gave up a really nice theme park for it, though.
you can say that again! i do like that mall. HOWEVER, if i had my choice between going to a mall or going to opryland to ride a few coasters when i came home to visit the family in nashville, i'd MUCH rather go to opryland!!! and i'm positive i'm not alone.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #79
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Woo great first day! And I'm already mentioned

So cool that you got to meet everyone. They all seem so sweet, including your dad!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 07-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Love the picture of you guys!!! So cool!! Love dis meets
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #81
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
it was so awesome meeting you guys, too!!!! your family is so cute and as memom said, your dad was so nice. most men would've gotten frustrated taking that picture with so many different cameras but he just smiled and kept going!

i had to laugh when i saw you guys in the disney store. no surprise that we all ended up there, i guess, huh?

it's so funny - i don't think i sound that southern until i hear myself on a voice mail or something. i sound like a southern chipmunk!

you can say that again! i do like that mall. HOWEVER, if i had my choice between going to a mall or going to opryland to ride a few coasters when i came home to visit the family in nashville, i'd MUCH rather go to opryland!!! and i'm positive i'm not alone.
You are definitely not alone. I hate that rock from Grizzly River being out there because it just mocks me every time I drive by!

It was great to meet you tinkgurl. Hope to do it again next year!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #82
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

That is so cool you had a DIS meet...and there were a lot of people too! Love the picture of you all.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #83
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Great update... Love the picture of all you guys on your dis meet!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #84
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hmmm, a loopy luaa and fight at PF....I can not wait to hear this!!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #85
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great time, can't wait to read more of your report!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #86
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Your Dis meet looks like it was lot of fun!And you weren't even in Disney!!
I can't wait my first one is in August so far there will be about 5 of us and our BF's or families! Then in December is the biggest one!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #87
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Hey! I came over from MeMom and Jill's threads -- I started reading your PTR right before you guys left. I loved your PTR, and I am also very intrigued by this title. Looking forward to more!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #88
ArelysAdriana
DIS Veteran

That is such a cute picture! It's so awesome that you got to meet so many DISer's.

By the way, I love that pizza at the Rainforest Cafe. I get it every time I go!

ETA - I totally meant pasta! I'm craving some pizza and my stomach was typing instead of my hands haha

Last edited by ArelysAdriana; 07-06-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #89
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Wow, what an awesome Dismeet! I am so glad you got to meet all of them! It stands to reason, though that you all would eventually end up at the Disney store. I could have predicted that one--no problems

And I love, love, love the movie, National Treasure! It is one of my all time faves--one of the few I actually purchased on ITunes, to be honest!
Haha, of course we ended up there! That movie is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey... there's my good ol' pals Maroo & All7ofus!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like you guys had a great time at the meet!

You weren't even at Disney yet but you were partaking in Disney activities!!! Love it!!!!
It was great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
That's great you got to meet up with so many! You're off to a great start Looking forward to more!!
It was great to have so many there at the same time! Perfect timing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I saw that picture over on either MeMom or Jill's thread, what a pretty picture you all make!
If we ever drive down and make it through Nashville, I'm hoping for a MeMom meet!

You all are off to an awesome start, can't wait for the next installment!
You HAVE to meet up with MeMom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We do have a good mall.
We gave up a really nice theme park for it, though.

Coconut shrimp sounds good to me. I think I'll get that on my next Rainforest trip. And the cheesesticks are so good!

Your dad was great. I think every lady in the group thought he was such a sweetheart! He was so nice to deal with taking all of those pictures with everyone's cameras. It was funny when he realized we did know everything he was telling us, and then he said maybe he needed to get on the Disboards to see exactly what kind of stories you were telling!

We'll be glad to meet you at the hippo again next year, if you want. It was so fun knowing you were on your way to Disney World right that moment!

I'm shy with everything except my two comfort zone areas - church camp and Disney. You would have felt very relaxed in that group. Maybe next year, we'll have more people join in.

If you ever come to Nashville, you can count on it!
Oh my gosh, we were talking about the theme park when we drove home and stayed in Nashville again. We went there a bunch of times when I was younger!

I tried her shrimp and it was yummy!

Haha, yeah he got a kick out of the fac that we were all friends on here!

Of course I want to meet back up with you guys again. I wanted to meet up with you again on our stop on the way back home too! But, I didn't want to ask..
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #90
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
What a great picture and DIS meet! I was lucky enough to meet 3 other DISers back in January and it was awesome. We were the same way....it felt like we had known each other forever!
Isn't it funny....spend all this time talking to each other on here and then you totally feel like long lost friends when you meet in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Great update! That is awesome you got to had a Dis meet, it looks like so much fun!
It was tons of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
How great that you all got to meet! I would love to do that one day plus it's great reading a TR from someone I see lots of times subscribing to TR's that I do.

Can't wait to read more!
Glad you made it over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
That's awesome that you had a DIS meet before even getting to Disney!! It sounds like you had so much fun already!!
It was a lot of fun. It was a great way to start the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
That is very seriously cool to have a dis meet with that many dis'ers when you're not even in
florida yet, let alone disney world!! Please compliment your Dad for me! He took a great picture that didn't even cut off anyones head!!

Looking forward to more!
Haha, I'll tell him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

Haha, I heard MeMom say that you guys were all going there but I thought you were going there after eating at RFC or something so we went ahead. I laughed when I saw you guys. Hope you didn't mind me standing around talking to you guys while we were in there!

You don't sound like a chipmunk! I love your accent!

I miss Opryland too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Woo great first day! And I'm already mentioned

So cool that you got to meet everyone. They all seem so sweet, including your dad!
Haha, you're going to be mentioned every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Love the picture of you guys!!! So cool!! Love dis meets
It was my first Dis meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
You are definitely not alone. I hate that rock from Grizzly River being out there because it just mocks me every time I drive by!

It was great to meet you tinkgurl. Hope to do it again next year!
I hope we do it again next year too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
That is so cool you had a DIS meet...and there were a lot of people too! Love the picture of you all.
I couldn't believe how many people were there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Great update... Love the picture of all you guys on your dis meet!!
Thanks girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hmmm, a loopy luaa and fight at PF....I can not wait to hear this!!
Haha, I hope I don't let you down girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGirlInWondrland View Post
Looks like you had a great time, can't wait to read more of your report!
Glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Your Dis meet looks like it was lot of fun!And you weren't even in Disney!!
I can't wait my first one is in August so far there will be about 5 of us and our BF's or families! Then in December is the biggest one!
It was fun! Hope you enjoy yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Hey! I came over from MeMom and Jill's threads -- I started reading your PTR right before you guys left. I loved your PTR, and I am also very intrigued by this title. Looking forward to more!
Glad you made it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArelysAdriana View Post
That is such a cute picture! It's so awesome that you got to meet so many DISer's.

By the way, I love that pizza at the Rainforest Cafe. I get it every time I go!

ETA - I totally meant pasta! I'm craving some pizza and my stomach was typing instead of my hands haha

I'm so glad the picture turned out so well! Haha, isn't that pasta good?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: