Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #751
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Day 9: June 28th *continued*

We left off getting off the monorail and walking into the GF. Mom and I turned left while everyone else went right. She and I went into the Basin store. Everyone needs to go in there! They had so much yummy soaps, lotions, etc. in there. They even had some Disney ones that were made! I really wanted to buy the soap that had Mickey heads in it, but I wouldn’t ever want to use it and ruin it! HA!

After leaving Basin, we ended up walking by a photopass place! We asked them if we could look at our photopass pic that we had taken before. She said, “Sure you can!” We gave her our card and she swiped it and brought up our pic. While it was good, we decided to take another one another time just to be sure. As we were walking away, we saw a couple probably around my age or a bit older. He was dressed up in tux and she was dressed up in a really nice dress. I wonder if they were going to Victoria and Albert’s?! They ended up getting pictures taken by the stairs and balcony. I bet the pics turned out cute!

We called Sis to see where they were. They were downstairs, so we headed down the big staircase. That’s one of my favorite things about the GF. When we used to stay there when I was really young, I loved it and being back on it definitely always brings back memories.

We met back up and saw it was almost time for our ADR, so we decided to head over to 1900 PF and check-in. Dad and B/F went to check us in and get a pager while Mom, Sis, and I found a nice area of couches in the lobby close to the elevators. As we were sitting down, we saw a lady walk by with a cart full of teddy bears. I instantly knew who she was! Some of you may have read about her on the DIS, like I did before we left home. She and her husband used to come to the GF all the time and I guess they used to love sitting in the lobby, people watching. Her husband has passed away, but she still comes to the GF lobby to sit every single day since then because she feels that he’s there with her still. So sad. I wanted to go up to her and say “Hi” but I didn’t want to freak her out by telling her that I read about her on the internet. Ha.

It was maybe 10 minutes of sitting down and our pager went off! YAY! The lobby of 1900 PF was a zoo. People standing around waiting everywhere! We walked by one mom and she started getting mad that our pager already went off. Well…maybe our ADR time was for before hers?! While we were standing there waiting for our hostess to seat us, all we could hear was this mom complaining about us. It was awkward! Finally our hostess came and we walked in fast! Haha.

As we walked to our table, I couldn’t help but think of Tim (that's nice) and his adorable Juliana. Tim had posted in his previous TR the cutest video from their breakfast at 1900 PF. It was pretty funny!

When our waitress came to our table, we couldn’t help but look at her name badge to see where she was from…and GUESS WHAT?! She’s from our area! It was such a small world! She kept asking us how things are up here now and all that. It was so neat. She brought us our drinks and we headed up to the buffet. This has to be one of my favorite buffets at WDW. YUM.

As we started eating, we start hearing screaming and I knew exactly who it was…Anastasia and Drizella! They come running out of a door screaming and fighting while the Evil Mother walking right behind them rolling her eyes. Finally, she yells “GIRLS! ENOUGH!” And they stopped. It was hilarious.

And now….the fight…I hope this doesn’t disappoint anyone...

Anastasia comes to our table first. She starts yapping about something and then she goes, “You know…my sister’s make-up..I don’t know what she’s thinking…If she’s trying out for the Circus or what because she looks like a clown!” And starts laughing like a hyena…LOUDLY…I was laughing so hard. She posed for our pic and then skipped away:

A few minutes later, Drizella comes to our table. Of course I had to say something. I wanted to stir things up and see what they would do! She poses for our pic:

And then I said to her, “You know…Anastasia just told us that she thinks your make-up makes you look like a clown.” She gasps and frowns. She stands there for a second and then turns around and yells at the top of her lungs, “MMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!! !”

I look at my family like “Uh-oh what’s going to happen now?!” The Evil Mother comes running to our table. Drizella says, “Anastasia is calling me names again!” So the Evil Mother yells at Anastasia to come to our table. She looks at us with a glare and says “Humph!” and sticks up her nose at us as she walks by. We’re all laughing. Mother says, “Anastasia…what did you call Drizella?” As she’s saying this, I take a pic. Look at how Drizella is looking at Anastasia like “haha, I’m getting you in trouble!” Cinderella’s over at our table by this point too to see what the commotion is all about!:

I’m laughing so hard I’m crying by this point. Anastasia folds her hands..looks at down then slyly up at Mother…then bats her eyes..then says, “A CLOWN!” And she starts laughing like a hyena again. Mother made Anastasia go sit in the corner. It was hilarious. She kept trying to steal food from the table that was sitting right by her. Drizella would purposely walk by her and they’d stick their tongues out at each other. Oh it was priceless!!

I’m sorry if this fight wasn’t what you expected..but it was definitely a highlight of our trip!

Cinderella went back through the door and didn’t come back out until we were almost done with our desserts! We were eating and these loud trumpets start playing. A CM yells out, “Please welcome our belle of the ball, Cinderella and her handsome Prince Charming!” They come out and start dancing in the middle of the room:

They danced and danced. Drizella and Anastasia kept trying to get Prince Charming’s attention. They were yelling his name, jumping up and down, shaking their butts at him. It was hilarious. He didn’t even acknowledge them. It was great. After they were done dancing, he came to our table first!:

Then Cinderella made her way over. She made B/F get up for the picture. Ha. She freaked us out though..There was something about her that reminded us of our Aunt who passed away last March. It was a bittersweet moment:

After thanked Cinderella and said good-bye to our waitress from back home, we headed back up to the monorail for MK Evening EMH’s!

We stopped on Main Street first to take a photopass pic. Then, we went back to the pic shop to look at it and ended up liking that one and bought it. Then, we headed up the steps to the train station and rode around to Toontown. We went in ‘The Tent’ and the line for Tink was still 60 minutes, so we skipped that. We looked around the shop in there for awhile.

Then, we decided to head to Buzz and get fast passes. I grabbed B/F and my cards, Mom had the rest…We met back up and Mom ended up getting 6 extra fast passes besides the 3 for Mom, Dad, and Sis!!!! It was awesome!

We headed towards Fantasyland. The sun was setting and it was beautiful. This pic was taken by Sis while walking. Yes, she likes to do that a lot. HA!:

We decided to ride IASW to pass the time because it wasn’t very long until our fast pass time!:

I love this flower with the “Sayonara”. Don’t ask me why..I just do!:

When we walked by PP, all the fast pass stations were closed except one, which had a sign on the top of it. I decided to walk up to it and read what it said. It was surprise birthday fast passes for anyone who was celebrating a birthday that day! How neat!

We got in line to use our first set of fast passes for Buzz. I WON! I tried to take a pic of this moment in history, but the numbers kept flashing and I could never get a pic of them! We got back in line with our second set of fast passes………..and I WON AGAIN! YAY! I texted xoktenox because I knew she would be so proud of me!

We headed back through Fantasyland and walked right on Snow White:

We made our way around the corner of Fantasyland and into Liberty Square just as Wishes was starting so the HM was only a 5 minute wait! Then, we headed over to Pirates. When we got on and in the beginning caves part, I thought I was going to freak out! The girl in front of us had a light up necklace that was flashing and I was so scared she was going to leave it on the whole ride, but she turned it off! Whew!

We headed over to Frontierland and made our way back to Splash, which was only a 30 minute wait! We hadn’t been on this ride in awhile! We didn’t ride it at all last year because it wasn’t the same without B/F with us. Dad and B/F took the front row, Mom was alone in the second, and Sis and I were in the third. The drop was hilarious because all the water went over Dad and B/F’s heads and onto Mom! I took a pic of one of our other favorite Hidden Mickey’s at the end of the ride:

We looked at our Splashdown pic and made our way over to BTMRR. It was only a 30 minute wait too! We got all the way to be the next ones on the ride and it broke down! They got everyone out who was already loaded, then we had to walk across the cars to exit. At the exit, we were given free fast passes that lasted until the day before our last day of our trip!

We met back up with Dad and he had heard about the ride breaking down and wondered if we were on the ride when it happened! I was glad we weren’t!

We headed to Main Street. Mom and Sis wanted to get cinnamon rolls at the Bakery, so while they did that, B/F and I sat on the curb and watched the Kiss Goodnight on the Castle. It was awesome!

When they came out of the Bakery, we decided to call it a night and headed to the bus stop. We made our way back to OKW around 12:15 a.m…and the ride there was entertaining. There was a lady and her husband sitting a few rows in front of us. She was talking about how when you turn on the t.v. in your Resort room, it always says ‘Welcome Home!’ She said it says that because there’s satellites on top of every room and when we have our room keys with us, it scans it and knows we’re in our room so it says “Welcome Home!’ I’m not lying..she really said this. We were trying not to laugh out loud. Whenever we turned on our t.v. the rest of the trip, we had to say something about it! HAHA.

~Up next: DHS day and a relaxing night
Old 09-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #752
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

OOOoo .... an update!
1900 PF looked awesome! We were thinking about nixing it form our dining plans for our trip, since DD wanted to do Akershus breakfast instead. But now I'm rethinking that. Looks like you had a great time! Good thing I haven't cancelled the ressie yet.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #753
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
OOOoo .... an update!
1900 PF looked awesome! We were thinking about nixing it form our dining plans for our trip, since DD wanted to do Akershus breakfast instead. But now I'm rethinking that. Looks like you had a great time! Good thing I haven't cancelled the ressie yet.
1900 PF is so much fun. There's different characters there for breakfast though..I don't know if you were planning on eating there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:15 AM   #754
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
1900 PF is so much fun. There's different characters there for breakfast though..I don't know if you were planning on eating there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
We have a dinner ressie but I was thinking about switching it out for something else. Like I said, you're making me rethink that. It sounds fabulous!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #755
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Yay an update

1900 PF looks like fun and the Sister fight was v cool
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #756
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

So that was what the fight was all about. LOL! That's cute, lol. Yeah I expected there to be some type of brawl with another guest or something, haha. Glad it wasn't though.

Love the shot of the hidden mickey on splash. One of my favs!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #757
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Great update, I love Basin it's a must do on every trip & I have that Mickey head soap in my bathroom, it lasts forever. The fight was about what I expected knowing where it took place, but you had me worried when that woman got mad about you going before her....I could see hair pulling going onglad that didn't happen. I can't wait for our ADR there next week.

It was so sad to hear about the woman with the teddy bear cart, I never heard that story before, but at least she has a place to go to feel close to her husband.

Thanks for all the wonderful pics, just think I'll be there in 5 days to see it for myself.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #758
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, sounds like a fun time at 1900 Park Fare! That is so funny how they were fighting. Love how you described it.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #759
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
We have a dinner ressie but I was thinking about switching it out for something else. Like I said, you're making me rethink that. It sounds fabulous!
I really hope you keep it! 1900 PF is a must for us every trip and we've never been disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Yay an update

1900 PF looks like fun and the Sister fight was v cool
It is always fun for us. Some people complain about the Stepsisters being too loud and all that, but we find it entertaining. We can eat at a normal restaurant at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
So that was what the fight was all about. LOL! That's cute, lol. Yeah I expected there to be some type of brawl with another guest or something, haha. Glad it wasn't though.

Love the shot of the hidden mickey on splash. One of my favs!
I think most of the readers were thinking a fight like that too..I'm sorry!

I just love that Hidden Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Great update, I love Basin it's a must do on every trip & I have that Mickey head soap in my bathroom, it lasts forever. The fight was about what I expected knowing where it took place, but you had me worried when that woman got mad about you going before her....I could see hair pulling going onglad that didn't happen. I can't wait for our ADR there next week.

It was so sad to hear about the woman with the teddy bear cart, I never heard that story before, but at least she has a place to go to feel close to her husband.

Thanks for all the wonderful pics, just think I'll be there in 5 days to see it for myself.
I'm so glad you know what Mickey head soap I'm talking about! That store was awesome!

Oh my gosh, I thought she was going to say something directly to us but she never did. I hope you have fun there next week and think of me!

I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, sounds like a fun time at 1900 Park Fare! That is so funny how they were fighting. Love how you described it.
Thanks girl. We love eating there. It was definately a memorable moment.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #760
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up again!

1900 PF sounded like a blast! I would be laughing so hard too. I need to put that resturant on my list for next time. How good is the food there?
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #761
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great evening with lots of food, fun, fighting, and rides! Those stepsisters and stepmother sure do a great job of playing their characters. We've got 1900 PF on our long list, maybe next summer or the next, and we are looking forward to it.

Score on the great Fastpasses, too!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #762
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

That fight at Park Fare sounds so funny!! Even if the food was no good, I would still want to try it there just to see the steps!

What a great night at the MK. I remember when you texted me that you beat your BF in Buzz! I was so proud of you, I was pulling for you the whole time you were there to beat him

I never saw the Kiss Goodnight! I need to make sure I do this time.
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #763
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
As we walked to our table, I couldn’t help but think of Tim (that's nice) and his adorable Juliana. Tim had posted in his previous TR the cutest video from their breakfast at 1900 PF. It was pretty funny!
Thanks for the SHOUT OUT!!!! I wish we were going to eat here next month but I will try to get the ADR when we go in March. We had such a great time here for breakfast and dinner... I don't know which one we liked better. Your Anastasia & Drizella looked like they hit some hard times.... their makeup is really bad! SO that's what the fight was all about... I was expecting something a little different, but that would of been un-Disney like! The sisters fight sounds sooo funny! Wish I saw it!

The waiting area always seems like it is packed with people getting upset! There was 5 of you for dinner... if the 'mean lady' had a different # of people in her group her table might not of been ready yet, even if you checked in after her. That's when you just have to smile.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #764
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Loved your Park Fare dinner. That is just too funny. They weren't near as entertaining when we ate there, but not I have some pointers for the next time.

I don't know what it was but BTM was shut down several times while we were there.

Your night sound fab! Kiss Goodnight, perfect ending.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #765
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
I am all caught up again!

1900 PF sounded like a blast! I would be laughing so hard too. I need to put that resturant on my list for next time. How good is the food there?
It was a blast! Honestly, I like the food there. I've read on here of some people HATING it. I guess everyone has their own likes and dislikes. You'll never know until you try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sounds like a great evening with lots of food, fun, fighting, and rides! Those stepsisters and stepmother sure do a great job of playing their characters. We've got 1900 PF on our long list, maybe next summer or the next, and we are looking forward to it.

Score on the great Fastpasses, too!
How are you doing MeMom?!

They really do a great job playing their roles. I hope you make it there soon!

We were so excited about those bonus fastpasses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
That fight at Park Fare sounds so funny!! Even if the food was no good, I would still want to try it there just to see the steps!

What a great night at the MK. I remember when you texted me that you beat your BF in Buzz! I was so proud of you, I was pulling for you the whole time you were there to beat him

I never saw the Kiss Goodnight! I need to make sure I do this time.
Oh my gosh, it was hilarious. I wish you would've been there!

I remember texting you too. It was awesome beating him finally! TWICE IN A ROW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Thanks for the SHOUT OUT!!!! I wish we were going to eat here next month but I will try to get the ADR when we go in March. We had such a great time here for breakfast and dinner... I don't know which one we liked better. Your Anastasia & Drizella looked like they hit some hard times.... their makeup is really bad! SO that's what the fight was all about... I was expecting something a little different, but that would of been un-Disney like! The sisters fight sounds sooo funny! Wish I saw it!

The waiting area always seems like it is packed with people getting upset! There was 5 of you for dinner... if the 'mean lady' had a different # of people in her group her table might not of been ready yet, even if you checked in after her. That's when you just have to smile.
Haha, you're welcome for mentioning you. I had to! I couldn't help but think of you when we were there!

Haha, their make-up was hideous for sure! I'm sorry everyone thought the fight was something else...but this fight was hilarious!

Oh my gosh, I know what you mean. We just kept looking ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Loved your Park Fare dinner. That is just too funny. They weren't near as entertaining when we ate there, but not I have some pointers for the next time.

I don't know what it was but BTM was shut down several times while we were there.

Your night sound fab! Kiss Goodnight, perfect ending.
I hope you get some good Step-Sister's next time!

I noticed that too!

When we were sitting there watching the Kiss Goodnight, I didn't want the night to end.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: