Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #1276
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
I totally understand (and will never complain) about the safety issue. I just am hoping that there will be some ability for those unable to ride (for whatever reason) to view the advertised corridors, rooms, etc in the castle that is before the actual ride. Hogwarts is the "highlight" and icon for WWOHP and what many are most excited to be able to at least walk up to and peak in for a minute or too.
You'll be able to to that. You can walk through the queue of ANY ride and ask for the exit when you reach the loading area. Also, if performing child swap, those going to the waiting area get split up at that point.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #1277
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
You'll be able to to that. You can walk through the queue of ANY ride and ask for the exit when you reach the loading area. Also, if performing child swap, those going to the waiting area get split up at that point.
Thanks for the reassurance We have never attempted to get in a queue that I knew we couldn't ride

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #1278
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
Will they let a kid that's too short even go through the queue? It seems like there'd be a chance that some family might try to go ahead and sneak a kid on. I know they'll probably have someone measuring both before the queue and at the ride, but still. At WDW kids that are too short are not even allowed in line. Parents have to do the parent swap thing beforehand.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1279
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Will they let a kid that's too short even go through the queue? It seems like there'd be a chance that some family might try to go ahead and sneak a kid on. I know they'll probably have someone measuring both before the queue and at the ride, but still. At WDW kids that are too short are not even allowed in line. Parents have to do the parent swap thing beforehand.
That's why I was confused. It's just my 9 year old, my 5 yr old and myself. So the parent swap thing isn't even possible in my case... I have never been to IOA so maybe they do the measuring at the end before getting on the ride itself?

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #1280
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
That's why I was confused. It's just my 9 year old, my 5 yr old and myself. So the parent swap thing isn't even possible in my case... I have never been to IOA so maybe they do the measuring at the end before getting on the ride itself?
Actually, if you feel comfortable leaving each of your children alone during the ride(s) at WDW, YOU CAN do parent swap, and ride twice yourself.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #1281
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Screamscape
http://screamscape.com

Quote:

Park News - (3/2/10) A new construction update from IOA, including the Potter-Verse and the rest of the park, can be seen at

Orlando Parks News.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #1282
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
I totally understand (and will never complain) about the safety issue.
YOU may not complain about the safety issue, but there ARE people out there who will and some get outright angry. Some people don't understand it's a safety thing set by the manufacturer and not Universal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Quote:
I have never been to IOA so maybe they do the measuring at the end before getting on the ride itself?
Yes...short looking kids are measured before boarding...at the end of the queue. My son was once measured while he was standing in line (he was NEXT) for DD. Our coaster was pulling up into the station, and the TM had the measuring stick handy. At Hulk, what they measure you with is actually a line on a plaque attached to the wall...so there is no mis-measuring. So, you'd HAVE to go thru the queue to be measured. IF there is someone measuring at the entrance, just say "they aren't riding. We are doing child swap" and there shouldn't be any problem.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #1283
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Jmaff, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaff
Just go to mugglenet.com and it's the first story. A new piece of concept art has risen (in case some missed it):

Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #1284
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

NBC will air "Making of Wizarding World of Harry Potter" on Sunday, June 6th, a sneak peak of Potterland and all its new attractions.

I suspect they'll be filming a lot of it during the Grand Opening, which I still believe is going to be sometime during the week prior to Memorial Day.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #1285
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToLove View Post
NBC will air "Making of Wizarding World of Harry Potter" on Sunday, June 6th, a sneak peak of Potterland and all its new attractions.

I suspect they'll be filming a lot of it during the Grand Opening, which I still believe is going to be sometime during the week prior to Memorial Day.
That's awesome! We'll actually be at Universal then so I'll have to Tivo it.

But this will be me when I get back:
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #1286
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Total Universal newbie here !! How long will the new Harry Potter attraction take ?? I don't mean the line , just the actual attraction !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #1287
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

It's not open yet. Nobody knows.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #1288
fan of the TTA
Enjoy your trip aboard the metroliner.
Tomorrowland....a vision of the future!
Enjoy Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

hey.

i've got a couple of questions.. and the thread is so long it's going to take me forever to find it.

first... which IOA atractions are getting rethemed?. i heard that maybe duelling dragons was going to become a new coaster, but i can't be sure.

secondly, is this going to be a new area of IOA, a new park, or a cut off from an exesting area.

also i have heard there are shops from the books.. . which ones?

thanks

back to you at TTA central
Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #1289
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
It's not open yet. Nobody knows.

Rumors you here are crazy !!! My daughter said someone just got back and said it took ALL Day to do that one attraction, her friend went last year and said No it was quite quick !! I am standing there saying it's NOT OPEN!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #1290
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of the TTA View Post
hey.

i've got a couple of questions.. and the thread is so long it's going to take me forever to find it.

first... which IOA atractions are getting rethemed?. i heard that maybe duelling dragons was going to become a new coaster, but i can't be sure.

secondly, is this going to be a new area of IOA, a new park, or a cut off from an exesting area.

also i have heard there are shops from the books.. . which ones?

thanks
The Flying Unicorn is becoming Flight of the Hippogriff. Dueling Dragons is becoming Dragons Challenge. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a brand new E-Ticket.

It's a new island in Islands of Adventure.

Zonko's, Ollivander's, Honeydukes, Owl Post, Dervish and Banges, and Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods. For dining, The Three Broomsticks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: