Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #991
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequency View Post
One of the menu items listed on the universal website is "Great Feast Platter". Could that be a buffet? I know we are think this will be a CS restaurant like The Oak Tavern was but any chance it could include buffet too? I kind of get a Biergarten vibe from it.
Sounds like a CS location to me and the "Great Feast Platter" sounds like it'll be a combo meal of some sort. Also, a place that lists Turkey Leg as an option to me sounds like a definite CS. I would've loved another table service or a buffet though.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #992
TnRobin
My body may be back in Nashville, but my mind is still on vacation.
Bob Villa, build me a bathroom in the attic!

DISboards Moderator

Well, I finally decided to take a chance and book the week of May 23rd. I would love for this to be open, but I dread it if it is Grand Opening crowds. We were at DL when Nemo opened - that was a nightmare and that was only one ride, not an entire section of the park.

Thanks for all the info guys.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #993
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Here in the UK, universal have just shown an advert, featuring Harry and friends on Broom sticks flying around the theme park buildings, being chased by a fire eating dragon. It looked really good.

Myself and my DS can't wait to go. Now I need to read all these posts to figure out all this talk about the resturants etc.

We could do with mini posts, or well back the reading.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #994
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of WWOHP fan, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWOHP fan
Just receive from an brasilian website webmaster

seems that Emma watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and JK Rowling will be present at WWOHP Openning day , the first day will be open only for guest !

Rumors say that it will have an attraction in 4D in the castle of Hogwarts,
with a total sensory experience. No one knows for sure what this attraction
is, but there are indications that it is a flight of Quidditch or a class.

Quote:
The Hogwarts' windows were designed with a fascinating technology, first
will come one with 3m high, then another with 2m and the last one with 1m,
so that, when viewed from below, it appears that the building hasn't an end,
providing more high to it.

More here : http://arquivo.potterish.com/2010/02...arque-tematico in portuguese ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainwalker42
It also says in the article, when I translated it into babelfish, that the grand opening will be open to only VIP personnel and the winners of the various contests that offer a trip to the event. Don't know if this is a result of a bad translation or just a rumor OR the truth.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #995
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of psion, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by psion
some lame and random thought from me, becasue i am bored.
bare with me.

more speculation and observation.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #996
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Woooohooo -

have booked RPH in October for a night - hope everything is fully up and running and bugfixed etc by then...... Soooooooo looking forward to it - we keep getting ads on UK TV - makes it all seem more real....

We keep going to the Universal website and sending each other owl posts now too.... cute...

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #997
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Don Pacho,
Could you please stop posting images from Orlando United without getting permission? Copying and pasting forum code that links to images exlusive to Orlando United is not only unfair because of a bandwidth issue, but also unfair because it takes away from the hard work from Orlando United members to get said exclusive content.

What would be acceptable is a link to the exact posting with the images on Orlando United, rather than posting the images themselves.

P.S. - It is also insulting that you write "courtest of [membername]", when no consent or courtesies were given.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #998
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoUnited View Post
Don Pacho,
Could you please stop posting images from Orlando United without getting permission? Copying and pasting forum code that links to images exlusive to Orlando United is not only unfair because of a bandwidth issue, but also unfair because it takes away from the hard work from Orlando United members to get said exclusive content.

What would be acceptable is a link to the exact posting with the images on Orlando United, rather than posting the images themselves.

P.S. - It is also insulting that you write "courtest of [membername]", when no consent or courtesies were given.
I can't speak for Don Pacho, but it seems that the intent in posting the pictures was to share the excitement of WWOHP while still acknowledging the source. You are totally within your rights to request a link to your site instead. That's a very reasonable request. "Insulting" seems a bit strong, though. I don't see any ill intent in Don Pacho's posts, and because of them, I have bookmarked your site (that I didnt even know existed) and have been working through the 300+ pages on your WWOHP thread.

I know I appreciate all your hard work and photos and I'm glad that I have become aware of them through the DIS.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #999
OrlandoUnited
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I can't speak for Don Pacho, but it seems that the intent in posting the pictures was to share the excitement of WWOHP while still acknowledging the source. You are totally within your rights to request a link to your site instead. That's a very reasonable request. "Insulting" seems a bit strong, though. I don't see any ill intent in Don Pacho's posts, and because of them, I have bookmarked your site (that I didnt even know existed) and have been working through the 300+ pages on your WWOHP thread.

I know I appreciate all your hard work and photos and I'm glad that I have become aware of them through the DIS.
I am not offiliated with OrlandoUnited.com.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #1000
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Then why are you complaining, and in what capacity? And how do you know Don Pacho doesn't have permission if you aren't affiliated with them? I also think your username is deliberately mis-leading.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
Old 02-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #1001
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post

Thank you for defending me StitchandPooh'sMom. What I do is standard "netiquette" within forums: give the proper credits to the forist and links to the sites. That is all is required.

Many forists at Orlando United publish also updates from many other forums and sites and have given links to those places.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #1002
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:

That's odd. Honestly I would have never found OrlandoUnited.com if it wasn't for Don Pancho's reporting from them, I'm glad I found it and now post there regularly

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
Old 02-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #1003
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

It looks AMAZING!!! I cannot wait! We are going to IOA on our trip to March...I had hoped it would be open by then, but sadly it's not ...Any way, it certainly secures a second trip to IOA!

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
Old 02-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #1004
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Well then you shouldn't be "aff"ended. Sorry...couldn't resist the play on words.

Because of Don Poncho's posts here, I too have bookmarked OU's site. If anything, he has helped direct traffic that way.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #1005
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

I just checked the postings and don't see any hotlinks. The pictures are watermarked and credit is given to the original poster of the pictures. He links back to OrlandoUnited and proper credit is given. If the owner of OrlandoUnited has an issue with this, please feel free to contact me via private message. I certainly don't want to cause any problems and will gladly abide by his request. I know that IOACentral never has a problem with their pictures being used as long as a credit is given and a link to the site. I know that no one wants hot links that use up bandwidth but these pictures don't appear to be hotlinked. It also attracted some more people to the OrlandoUnited who had otherwise never heard of the website.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: