Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #931
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

It was great seeing the ad in HD during the Super Bowl! Even though I had seen it online a few times already, I still got chills!

CAN'T WAIT!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #932
dan_smith
Earning My Ears

So am I being thick here and thinking that the Duelling Dragons is now the Dragon Challenge?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 AM   #933
mark2311
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smith View Post
So am I being thick here and thinking that the Duelling Dragons is now the Dragon Challenge?
That is exactly right. Don't think its dragon challenge at the minute but by the time WWHP opens it will be. (I was hoping Dragon Challenge was a place holder name, its just makes it sound so dull)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #934
dan_smith
Earning My Ears

Awesome, this'll be my first ever trip to any Disney/Universal and the one ride that stood out was Duelling Dragons and I was a bit disappointed when I heard they'd closed it but now I know why!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #935
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Just wanted to say thanks for all the fab pictures that have been posted. It looks fantastic

Really looking forward to seeing it in October

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #936
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdboyrockstar View Post
Yes, stop arguing or I'm going to use one of the three Unforgivable Curses.
I don't think we need to go that far, a simple body binding curse should do the trick.

Carrying on.....I was a bit disappointed by the Super Bowl commercial. (Actually, I was disappointed by most of the commercials, but that's another thread....) I think it was because I already know so much about what's coming, thanks to this great thread! I guess I had been hoping to glean some info. I didn't already know.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #937
Dollyrar
DIS Veteran

Smile

I do find it absolutely amazing that we are so close (a few months away) from the launch of the WWOHP, and no-one has properly leaked/managed to locate concrete details on what the forbidden journey ride is truly going to be. I am really into my movies, and on sites like aintitcoolnews etc they always get scoops on things months or years in advance of a movies release. I find it so hard to not look when I see those spoiler caps!
I actually think it's really cool that the workers & builders at Universal have kept everything on the quiet. With the speed that the internet and new-media distributes information these days, it is refreshing to know that secrets of this scale can still be kept back from the public
On the other hand, I do check this website throughout the day in the hope that someone has scooped the info!!
I guess I just can't help but be spoiled!
It is going to be so tough not to read peoples reviews/photos/videos of the ride when it opens, and I don't feel very strong-willed at the moment!
I have seen the 'blueprints' of the ride on the internet from a while ago, and I wonder how true to the present version these are? Would you guys like a passive experience like spiderman, or would you like it to be combined with having an electronic wand (like the buzz lightyear ride) to interact with the location? Would you like Kuka-Arm or not? Would you like a round vehicle or rows of 4 seats like most coasters? I really want to know how some peoples imaginations are firing! x
Past Trips - Once in 94. Twice in 95. April 08, 3 weeks in Florida (offsite - Extended Stay Lake Buena Vista). August 08, 4 days in DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe). December 08, 4 days in DLRP (Cheyenne). May 09, 5 days in DLRP (Disneyland Hotel ). August 09, 7 days in DLRP (DCR) / October 01-17 2010 Florida (Villa) Future Trips Hoping for October 2012
My PS3 & XBOX360 gamertag is amityboattours. Add me!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #938
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

I'm expecting a jaw-dropping dark ride experience in the vein of rides like Spiderman and Indiana Jones Adventure, but taken to the next level because it is, after all, over 10 years since those rides debuted.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #939
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

I just saw a variation of the Super Bowl commercial. Most of it was the same, but it started with the kids playing at a wizard's duel with their wands and shouting "Expelliarmus". That just made me smile.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #940
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else want to go during the grand opening? I think I am going to try to. Its my biggest hope that Rowling actually shows up and we have a chance to meet her (even if its a 4 hour line).

I am also hoping that most of the actors may show up. Has anyone heard any rumors about anything extra happening at the grand opening?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #941
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Does anyone else want to go during the grand opening? I think I am going to try to. Its my biggest hope that Rowling actually shows up and we have a chance to meet her (even if its a 4 hour line).

I am also hoping that most of the actors may show up. Has anyone heard any rumors about anything extra happening at the grand opening?
I'm planning on taking a day off from work...if needed...to go to the grand opening.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #942
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton (Ginny and Draco) did an interview where they mentioned that they'd be at the park in May. Meanwhile, during another interview, the boys who play Fred and George mentioned that they were plannign on an appearance at the grand opening.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #943
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Ooooh Fred and George, so happy I am going now. I wonder what the actors will do? Maybe some sort of presentation, or will they be signing autographs?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #944
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Ooooh Fred and George, so happy I am going now. I wonder what the actors will do? Maybe some sort of presentation, or will they be signing autographs?
I've heard that just about everyone ever involved in Harry Potter has been invited to go to the grand opening. Although the main three haven't said anything, count on at least one of them being there (probably all three) also count on JKR and several of the other actors.

But don't count on autographs. Although some of the actors, especially the kids, may walk down the rows of fans and sign stuff for a few people in the front row, (like they do at premieres) it's doubtful there will be a "signing" with any of the main actors (Tom or the Twins or others who do fan events might be willing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the big three). Also, I'd be very very surprised if JKR signed anything (I've dealt with her handlers before, it just doesn't happen unless it's been choreographed perfectly).

There's a part of me that really wants to go to the grand opening to see them all. But the other part of me, the meanie realist part hehe, says that going may be a bit disappointing. It's unlikely fans will get to ride the rides while the celebs are in that part of the park. WWoHP will likely be closed to us Mudbloods while the press gets its official taste of Butterbeer along with the celebs. And really, what's the point of going on the busiest day of the year if a girl isn't going to get the chance to make out with Alan Rickman on a dark and scary ride. hehe
Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #945
jog58
We have two giant hamsters running in a massive wheel in our secret underground lair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToLove View Post
I've heard that just about everyone ever involved in Harry Potter has been invited to go to the grand opening. Although the main three haven't said anything, count on at least one of them being there (probably all three) also count on JKR and several of the other actors.

But don't count on autographs. Although some of the actors, especially the kids, may walk down the rows of fans and sign stuff for a few people in the front row, (like they do at premieres) it's doubtful there will be a "signing" with any of the main actors (Tom or the Twins or others who do fan events might be willing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the big three). Also, I'd be very very surprised if JKR signed anything (I've dealt with her handlers before, it just doesn't happen unless it's been choreographed perfectly).

There's a part of me that really wants to go to the grand opening to see them all. But the other part of me, the meanie realist part hehe, says that going may be a bit disappointing. It's unlikely fans will get to ride the rides while the celebs are in that part of the park. WWoHP will likely be closed to us Mudbloods while the press gets its official taste of Butterbeer along with the celebs. And really, what's the point of going on the busiest day of the year if a girl isn't going to get the chance to make out with Alan Rickman on a dark and scary ride. hehe
I've been lurking in this thread for quite a while and your comment [in bold] just made my evening. Somehow my husband doesn't find my random crush on a guy that's older than my father humorous but I do I am glad to see someone else does too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: