Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #766
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdboyrockstar View Post
Wow. These shops are going to be attractions unto themselves. How are they going to get people through them?
The Leaky Cauldron was able to interview a Universal exec today and learned some interesting info about Olivanders and other parts of the park: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...tails-revealed

Each wizard will enter the shop one at a time and will be spending 2-5 minutes having their wand chosen for them, and apparently they are trying to work out how to keep the lines moving for this.
Quote:
•The wand-choosing experience will last from 2-5 minutes per person, and the team is currently working on how to handle what are expected to be long wait times.
•The inside of the castle includes rooms built to full scale from the films - Dumbledore's office, the Great Hall, the Gryffindor Common room, and more
•The previous reports of wands interacting with the environment of the park have not yet been realized, but there's "a lot going on" in each area of the amusement
•"Every Harry Potter fan is going to be very critical of this [park]: we want to make sure that it's going to be absolutely fantastic and perfect."
•The Ollivander's shop will include every detail from the books possible, down to the tinkling bell, the single window, and the sign that hearkens the shop back to 382 b.c.
•Ollivander's in this "Hogsmeade" is, with permission from J.K. Rowling, an annex, a satellite shop of the main Ollivander's (which is in Diagon Alley in London; Hogsmeade is in Scotland). The wandkeeper will not be Mr. Ollivander. There will be only one in the shop at any given time.
•The wands have all been designed by Stuart Craig and approved by J.K. Rowling.
•The experience of having your wand choose you is free, though the wand costs money to buy. Pricing is to be determined.
•Customers may buy wands without doing the choosing.
•Questions will be asked of the customers, including birthdate and other factual details, to determine the appropriate wandwood based on the Celtic calendar (as frequently is done in the Harry Potter books).
•The wands are made out of 13 different types of wood.
•Children will be able to build their own wand
•When trying out your wands, there may be mishaps in the shop - flowers wilting, thunder and lightning in the store, etc. - when you use the wrong one.
•There are no current plans for "dark" areas of Hogsmeade, a la Nocturne Alley, but Coup said to "stay tuned for that."
•You can follow Thierry Coup on Twitter for additional revelations (or just follow Leaky's Harry Potter list to get all HP related Twitterers at once.)
Leaky also had another article with this info: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...tails-and-pics

Quote:
As mentioned in our previous post, visitors to Ollivander's will consult with a Wandkeeper to help choose their wand; the shop is and "intimate, single-windowed building, with the same signs, colors and othe rdetails read about in the books and seen in the films." Visitors will be surrounded by "thousands of multi-colored dusty wand boxes stacked on shelves from floor to ceiling."

Other revelations about the park include:

•The presence of a Howler in the Owl Post shop window that will rant loudly as guests pass
•The Monster Book of Monsters will snarl and growl in Dervish and Banges
•The Hog's Head will be seen puffing his jowls at visitors who visit.
(Sorry if it's not giving you the direct links, you may have to copy and paste them)
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #767
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdboyrockstar View Post
Did you see the new concept art for Ollivander's?

It even has the crowd of people waiting outside in it. 180min wait!
I don't care how long I have to wait-I am SO doing this!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #768
SeeJackRunn
Mouseketeer

So is the general consensus that it won't be open the first week of may? I have a trip to Orlando the last week of April/first week of May and wanted to stop by USF if Wizarding World of Harry Potter is open but if not i'll save USF till Halloween when I go to Horror Nights.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #769
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeJackRunn View Post
So is the general consensus that it won't be open the first week of may? I have a trip to Orlando the last week of April/first week of May and wanted to stop by USF if Wizarding World of Harry Potter is open but if not i'll save USF till Halloween when I go to Horror Nights.

Thanks!
Still no offical word when it will actually open
Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #770
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeJackRunn View Post

Thanks!
I think the end of April/beginning of May would be pushing it. But...who knows how close they really are to finishing. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #771
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I think the end of April/beginning of May would be pushing it. But...who knows how close they really are to finishing. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #772
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Fun, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun

All those new details are very nice!

Here's a nice video of the USA today promotion and online gimmick. Demo is at three minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tut7QQEDIpk

Old 01-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #773
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

I hope it opens by June 5th...I have ressies at pbr.....for that week...not going if harry not open....
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #774
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

That's a lot of hoopla for 1 ride and a bunch of shops.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #775
Timmy Boy
Choose Thy Fate

^and there's even more hoopla for princess meet and greets and a slow moving dark ride.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #776
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Boy View Post
^and there's even more hoopla for princess meet and greets and a slow moving dark ride.

And they should thank Universal for that, too.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #777
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Everyday, the more I hear from this thread, the more excited we get. Thanks everyone for posting the pictures and articles
Old 01-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #778
DISman13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Boy View Post
There's way less hoopla for that.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #779
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of jubs, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubs
right place, right time:

thanks to sarah and valery for helping me get these photos, and i should probably have some more up tomorrow. better, more high-res stuff.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #780
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

I am sooooooooooo excited to go and see this. I hope it will be open by the end of July.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: