Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #3661
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

I just noticed the September hours for both parks is 9-6 on the days we'll be visiting, even weekends. I'm glad we've planned on four days in the parks!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #3662
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelly1221 View Post
I can help-I just had this conversation last week!

As soon as you enter Seuss Landing, go immediately to the left, before you get to Green Eggs and Ham. Follow the path around and it takes you by the water and drops you off right by the bridge to Lost Continent. By taking this path, you cut off the corner by Cat in the Hat and 1 Fish 2 Fish.

You can really see the route if you go to Google Maps. (that was a suggestion I received, and it was a great one!) Hope this helps!
just curious, but ok, you have TWO lines of groups of people streaming to ONE entry point at WWoHP. if you take the shortcut left, what happens when you get to the rest of the group line & the space in line is not in front of you but BACK now behind you ... & more people lining up.. ( understand?) so now what? do you merge with this line & have people arguing you are now cutting? or have to head BACK to end of line to merge?
this confuses me where all this merges. ( since I thought on here somone posted pics of the line heading back down the street to the carousell)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #3663
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Onsite people are let in thru Lost Continent...there are 2 paths to get there thru Suess. Even if you can take the shortcut thru Suess, the shortcut and main walkway merge together at the bridge to cross into LC.

if you don't go thru Suess (bear left at POE), you go thru Toon Lagoon & JP.

There are 2 ways into WWoHP...thru LC & thru JP.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #3664
spima3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
I just noticed the September hours for both parks is 9-6 on the days we'll be visiting, even weekends. I'm glad we've planned on four days in the parks!
Yeah, I saw this too and couldn't believe it.

With the way they are being mobbed, don't you think they would stay with the longer day? Unless they think the crowds are going to decline dramatically, but that seems hard to believe.

Is it possible the hours will change? From what I've been reading about early entry and opening times, there doesn't seem to be much consistency. Does US/IOA often operate like this?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #3665
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spima3 View Post
Yeah, I saw this too and couldn't believe it.

With the way they are being mobbed, don't you think they would stay with the longer day? Unless they think the crowds are going to decline dramatically, but that seems hard to believe.

Is it possible the hours will change? From what I've been reading about early entry and opening times, there doesn't seem to be much consistency. Does US/IOA often operate like this?
I think that if the crowd level warrants it, the hours will change. Normally, September is empty and the long hours just weren't necessary.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #3666
spima3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I think that if the crowd level warrants it, the hours will change. Normally, September is empty and the long hours just weren't necessary.
Yeah, I can understand this was the case in the past, but these past two months of insanity should have impacted their decision on the park hours. Yet, those short hours are what they posted anyway.

So it is possible they will change those hours, and probably with no notice?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #3667
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, with the exception of WWoHP, the rest of the parks are already empty.

Let's all get together and wish the little kiddos back to school so we "alumni age" Potter fans can have Hogwarts to ourselves in September!

I did check hotel availability today and found rooms available even at passholder and Fla resident rates 2nd week of Sept and the weekend following, so I think that bodes well for smaller crowds.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #3668
WdwforLife
Mouseketeer

How much is a wand at the Wizarding World? I just need to know because I have friends bugging me for wands and I need to know how much $ they should give me. Thanks!
August '08 PCR • July '09 Disneyland/DCA • August '09 PCR •
August '10 Coronado Springs • July '12 Disneyland/DCA • January '13 Off Property
Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #3669
diberry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdwforLife View Post
How much is a wand at the Wizarding World? I just need to know because I have friends bugging me for wands and I need to know how much $ they should give me. Thanks!
About $29 according to this:
http://www.universalorlando.com/merc...basecatalog%29

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #3670
Larrabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
From what I understand, with the exception of WWoHP, the rest of the parks are already empty.

Let's all get together and wish the little kiddos back to school so we "alumni age" Potter fans can have Hogwarts to ourselves in September!

I did check hotel availability today and found rooms available even at passholder and Fla resident rates 2nd week of Sept and the weekend following, so I think that bodes well for smaller crowds.
Love hearing that!!

We're preparing for crowds, because I'm a 'worse case scenario' commando kind of gal. If it's less crowded, that will be a bonus!!

My blog about running, writing, rejoicing, and runDisney! Run. Write. Rejoice.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #3671
spima3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, didn't know that, too funny!

Quote:
Yep, I'm going and dragging the kids along; they really had no choice.

Quote:
Oh, if it only would stay this way! I'll prep the kids for long waits, and if there aren't, we're golden.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #3672
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Exactly -- what do "they" say? Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I'd glad we've allowed for about four days in the parks, so the shorter park hours shouldn't be an issue. I do not get up early at home, so I don't really enjoy the thought of dragging my carcass out of bed before dawn to stand in line for Hogsmeade. But I will!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #3673
mrhistory
Earning My Ears

We bought the package for the first weekend in November.

Taking my daughter for her 13th birthday. We have never been to Orlando during that time, what will the weather be like? Also has anyone else bought the package and been able to enter the park early? We have a breakfast reservation for Friday November 5th at the Three Broomsticks and we can't wait.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #3674
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

seems lately that Sunday's have the shortest lines to get into WWoHP and maybe Monday the longest.

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #3675
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
I do not get up early at home, so I don't really enjoy the thought of dragging my carcass out of bed before dawn to stand in line for Hogsmeade. But I will!

I am not a morning person, and neither are my kids (teenagers).

But for Harry Potter, they were up at 6:15 and out the door of the hotel (Royal Pacific) by 7 am.

We were in line by 7:10, and let into the park by 7:30. We were among the very first people go get into Hogsmeade, and I will tell you, there is NOTHING like seeing it empty, just like in the movies, for the first time. And then, coming around the corner and seeing the Hogwarts castle for the first time is just amazing.

Trust me, it is totally worth getting up early for . . .

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: