Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #3571
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maves Wife View Post
myrtle is in the toilets, its pretty cool. DH says that you can hear her in the mens toilets too. From what i rememebr they do look like the ones int he film, although these toilets have the fancy dyson style hand dryers!!!! RE FJ - we rode before we had something to eat and it was totally fine. We then had a butterbeer & a snack and went back on, and felt a bit icky nothing major though. A few people have said not to ride it straight after having something to eat. I must admit i did find it an intense ride but thats more to do with the things you see rather than the motion of the ride
Thanks for that - must remember to check out the loos....

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 07-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #3572
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Hey all, went to Universal yesterday just for HP..

Arrived at IOA around 2p. Was able to get right into HP area, crowds were HIGH, as were the temps.

This was my first time there, and I was in awe, but a tad disappointed. I was UNABLE to get into Dervish and Banges at ALL due to the crowds. There was a TM standing there not allowing anyone in. I also did not get into Three Broomsticks either due to the lines.

FJ was posted at 75min, and did break down at least 2 times that I know of. We were UNABLE to ride, DH did not make the 3 clicks it seemed..I honestly thought it was bull, both DH and I have riddin the one at EPCOT without issues..but .

Butterbeer, was good, but sadly, I was overheated, and a bit dehydrated, and it made me a tad ill..Not the butterbeer's fault, it was mine.

I commented to my DH on a few things I did notice..

- Strollers in the shops...that HAS to stop. This wide double strollers in a already cramped area is NOT helping things.

- Moaning Mrytle. I told DH to go in the bathroom JUST for this. She was REALLY hard to hear over the dryers. Speaking of dryers, the Dyson hand dryers are AWESOME! They do need to turn up Mrytle though.

- I commented to DH that I was wearing my Invisibility Cloak...I have never been cut off, jostled around and bumped into SOOO many times in a short time period. Please have some consideration for others. If I am browsing the pins, please do not step in front of me just and take what you want then walk away...UGH!!! This was my BIGGEST complaint of the day.

- The whole FJ thing had me irked. I knew about it, but it still bothered me..and what is going to guest services gonna accomplish? Next time, we will just go on the ride anyway and see what happens.

- Overall, I wish they didnt make everything so small. Its visually beautiful, but needs to be bigger. Hopefully that rumored expansion is more than a rumor!

Well I wont be going back now till the weather and hopefully crowds cool down a bit. I wanted a taste, I got it. Next time I go, I plan to try pumpkin juice and eat at Three Broomsticks and try to ride FJ, but not with this crowd and heat...
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #3573
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

Ugh, what a bummer for you. I was there yesterday too, but later. There were no more lines for the shops (except Ollivanders) and a short line for butterbeer. I don't think 3 Broomsticks was bad at that point either, but I only peeked in. FJ was still an absolute cluster tho'. Both times I checked, the singles line was down the stairs, so that was a no-go for me. I was shocked at the number of people waiting for Ollivanders...I wonder if most of them realize it's a 5 minute show with very little change of being picked.

Surprisingly there was little jostling overall, although I did accuse a lady of cutting me in the butterbeer line and she accused me of the same. Not sure what actually happened; we both definitely thought we were right, so then it was "You go first." "No, you go first." It was their first time so I told 'em they needed it more than me. Then we proceeded to have a really nice chat as we waited. Was fun to hear her daughter tell about her experiences; I love to "see" WWoHp through fresh eyes.

Then I proceeded to lose my freakin' premier pass. Gotta get a new one next time I go, which ticks me off as the old one was a classic. I think we got it on almost the first day they started offering 'em.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #3574
diberry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
I was there yesterday too, but later. There were no more lines for the shops (except Ollivanders) and a short line for butterbeer. I don't think 3 Broomsticks was bad at that point either.
About what time was that please? When we go we don't want to go on FJ but just wander around so it would be good to go when it's less busy.
If you just want to walk through the castle do you have to line up with all the people wanting to go on FJ? Any idea if that line gets quieter at all please?

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #3575
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

The FJ line used to get really quiet at closing, but not this past week. You can go through it just to see it, but you'd be stuck with the wait (which is hot and miserable in the "greenhouse" area).

I recommend going for the last couple of hours, when everything but Ollivanders and FJ will be quieter. Go a little earlier than that if you want to eat at 3 Broomsticks. You should not have to deal with any shop or butterbeer lines by that time. You can get in the FJ line right before closing as they will run it out and it may have cut down some by 9:50. That way you don't waste valuable time doing other things. The stores stay open a while after closing too so that is also a perfect time to see it as the crowds leave. I just love to linger late!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #3576
diberry
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much - that's really helpful!

WDW - 1996 offsite, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 AKL & All Star Sport, 2002 All Star Music & Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Pop Century, 2006 POFQ, 2008 WL, 2009 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2012 SSR, 2013 SSR
DLC - 2005 offsite
DLP - April 2004 Cheyenne, Oct & Dec 2004 Santa Fe, Nov 2005 Sequoia Lodge, June 2006 SL, May 2007 Cheyenne, Jan 2008 Marriott, Dec 2008 Cheyenne, Oct 2009 Cheyenne, Oct 2010 Cheyenne, Feb 2010 Cheyenne, June 2011 Ibis, Oct 2012 Marriott
Old 07-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #3577
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Once you get past the greenhouse area, how long of a line do you have left?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #3578
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Then I proceeded to lose my freakin' premier pass. Gotta get a new one next time I go, which ticks me off as the old one was a classic. I think we got it on almost the first day they started offering 'em.
Call IoA Lost and Found at 407-224-4245. (If you lost it at Universal and not IoA, then call US Lost and Found at 407-224-4244.) I bet they have found it.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #3579
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I understand your pain. My Preferred AP is one of the old plastic ones with my picture on it. I would hate to lose it and have to get a new one.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #3580
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
Call IoA Lost and Found at 407-224-4245. (If you lost it at Universal and not IoA, then call US Lost and Found at 407-224-4244.) I bet they have found it.
Thanks for the #. I just called, and unfortunately it has not shown up.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #3581
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I understand your pain. My Preferred AP is one of the old plastic ones with my picture on it. I would hate to lose it and have to get a new one.
We'd rather have one like yours too Metro ... unfortunately ours are the lovely paper ones ...

Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #3582
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
We'd rather have one like yours too Metro ... unfortunately ours are the lovely paper ones ...
I've had this one since 2005...it's blue but the original one I had from 2004 was red. I had to have it reissued because the corner broke off and it wouldn't register.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #3583
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
IMO these parks should keep the hard plastic cards, if nothing more than the perception of value goes up when you have a nice quality card, instead of cheap paper.

I think all of the companies do this now though

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #3584
Phoenix41
Earning My Ears

I think it's sooo cool that you can hear MM in the bathrooms. People were asking me if you could see her and I was like no I think that would scare the mess out of everyone. However, I think it would of been pretty neat if they would of made one stall in each bathroom opened with like the yellow tape saying out of order and then had MM come out of those toilets and moan and yell at people. That would have been pretty neat.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #3585
Tadsgirl
Obsessed Studio Ghibli Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverpumpkin View Post
Okay, just in case you read it wrong, I'll say it right out: some people are going to perceive this as a selfish thing to do - I am one of them - and insulting other fans to justify your own actions isn't going to endear you to anyone.
I have to agree with you. And the smarmy answer about it being a "10 year old boy not a 40 year old fanboy" endears this poster to me even less.
Typical of the "me" generation. The Veruca Salt attitude.

I'm going for my 50th birthday. I have two kids who would give an arm to be picked. Those who have class would let another person have a turn. Those who don't.....well.....

So now, back to my real question.

We are booked for the beginning of December. I'm I reading correctly that my room key for the Royal Pacific is not a Fastpass for FJ? How many other rides are like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tadsgirl; 07-13-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: