Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #3541
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Jmaff, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaff
Back from the vacation, kind of depressed but I took quite a few pictures. I'm going to get right to it. I have to say that my experience at the WWoHP was an amazing one that my family and I won't ever forget. I literally got chills upon my first viewing of the Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.

And here they are!

This thing was scary in person lol.

Not too good quality wise but I think this was neat.

The iconic shot!

The iconic Three Broomsticks shot!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #3542
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

What great pics! The castle is simply otherworldly.

One minor quibble. I kind of wish that Universal had built the wall around the train a bit higher. Seeing the coaster sticking out is kind of out of place. This is very minor though because overall the area looks stunning.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #3543
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of avadakedavra, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by avadakedavra
Photos, as promised since someone wanted them:

(Sorry this one is a bit soft.)

(Can I just say how HARD it is to get a photo of these?)

(I gather this is supposed to be a second room of requirement?)

(LOOK AT ALL THAT FOAM. The bartender chick was rad to me.)

Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #3544
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Note: Night shots were all hand-held so they're a bit soft and somewhat grainy, but it gives you an idea for what it feels like
Old 07-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #3545
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Amazing pictures!! Only 46 more days!!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #3546
Clifton
Earning My Wizardhat

The "second" room of requirement used to house the frozen knights from the DD days. They'll be missed.
1st trip to MK (late 80's), HS/MGM-Studios (94), MK (97), Night of Joy MK (97), AK (98 when everythings new lol), Epcot (97), Night of Joy (98), Night of Joy (99), Grad Nite MK (00), AK, Epcot, HS, MK solo (07), Park hop AK, MK, Epcot (7/24/07 Bday), Park hop AK, Epcot and MK (4/08), AK (4/09), MK, Epcot, AK, DHS (2011)
Old 07-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #3547
Nimrod.sixty9
Universal 11/22 11/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
The "second" room of requirement used to house the frozen knights from the DD days. They'll be missed.
I hate HP; destroyed my Fire and Ice
Old 07-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #3548
justprettynpink
Mouseketeer

Question

Was there some vandalism to Ron's windshield??

Look at the first picture (post #3541) then the next one down (post # 3543) .....
Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #3549
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTrio View Post
Not necessarily. Our son got picked twice and we were not first in line either time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Was he given the same wand twice?
We actually did Olivander's three times. The first time there were about 2-3 kids in the "right" age range and a really cute girl with special needs was picked. Her answers to the wand keeper's questions and her experience were awesome and most of the adults were a little teary eyed at the end.

The second time, our son got picked along with another boy and they each got to try out a "bad" wand before they were both given their "right" wand. As it turned out the wand that picked my son wasn't the right wand for his birthday. I'm guessing the wandkeeper was new or was confused about the right wand for his birthday. Still though, really cool.

The third time through was at night and there were only about 12 people in the room and our son was the only one under the age of 20. This time he got to try 2 different wands before trying his "birthday" wand. Lots of fun.

Side note about the wand he purchased - it broke the second day we were back home from the trip and he was really upset about it. I was actually surprised he cared that much about it. Through the tears he said, "it was such a cool toy." Anyway, 15 minutes later the super glue had dried and was better than new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
Did you tell them he'd already been picked and they should let someone else do it?
Hmm... While I understand the curiosity, your comment comes across to me as written by one of those busy bodies that buts their nose into everyone's business. If I read it wrong, sorry. If not, (fill in the blank).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressy View Post
for real.
Dang. Jealous much? He's a 10 year old boy. Not some 40 year old fan boy living at home with mom & dad.

Trip Report: Trip Report!!! Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #3550
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
We actually did Olivander's three times. The first time there were about 2-3 kids in the "right" age range and a really cute girl with special needs was picked. Her answers to the wand keeper's questions and her experience were awesome and most of the adults were a little teary eyed at the end.

The second time, our son got picked along with another boy and they each got to try out a "bad" wand before they were both given their "right" wand. As it turned out the wand that picked my son wasn't the right wand for his birthday. I'm guessing the wandkeeper was new or was confused about the right wand for his birthday. Still though, really cool.

The third time through was at night and there were only about 12 people in the room and our son was the only one under the age of 20. This time he got to try 2 different wands before trying his "birthday" wand. Lots of fun.

Side note about the wand he purchased - it broke the second day we were back home from the trip and he was really upset about it. I was actually surprised he cared that much about it. Through the tears he said, "it was such a cool toy." Anyway, 15 minutes later the super glue had dried and was better than new.

I was prepared to skip this because of the long lines but your description makes me reconsider. It sounds like it would be fun to watch.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #3551
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Crunch Time

We have planned this trip for 2 years now. I have told our girls if the crowds are too large we might not go WWoHP. I already know at 6' 2" 265 lbs. I won't be riding Forbidden Journey (I am doing the cue). I keep looking but have not head anything about crowds. Could someone clue me in? We want to go so bad but paying big bucks to stand in line in Florida's summer sun doesn't sound like fun. Help!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #3552
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not super glue....spello-glue!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 07-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #3553
hoverpumpkin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hmm... While I understand the curiosity, your comment comes across to me as written by one of those busy bodies that buts their nose into everyone's business. If I read it wrong, sorry. If not, (fill in the blank).

Dang. Jealous much? He's a 10 year old boy. Not some 40 year old fan boy living at home with mom & dad.
Okay, just in case you read it wrong, I'll say it right out: some people are going to perceive this as a selfish thing to do - I am one of them - and insulting other fans to justify your own actions isn't going to endear you to anyone.
Waldorf
Old 07-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #3554
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Let's keep the conversation friendly and the rude/sarcastic comments out of it.

Thank you!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #3555
plutotek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverpumpkin View Post
Okay, just in case you read it wrong, I'll say it right out: some people are going to perceive this as a selfish thing to do - I am one of them - and insulting other fans to justify your own actions isn't going to endear you to anyone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: