Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #3526
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of ductapemyheartt, Frogki, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
Does anyone know who this is? It is the first sculpture you see when entering the castle in the Forbidden Journey queue. I rode it 5 times and studied the sculpture each time and even asked people surrounding us if they knew who it was, but no one did. I am confused because there is a lion on the bottom and a badger, but no snake or raven. WHO IS THIS PERSON?
[Sorry if this has already been discussed...I have been in Orlando for the past week and have not been in the forums]

I am going through my pictures to see if I have any better ones...in this one you cannot see the lion and badger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogki
I have always heard and I believe it is the builder/architect of Hogwarts. Hence, the small model, and map, of Hogwarts in his hands... That's what mugglenet said it was when they got their special preview...
Old 06-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #3527
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

I just got back, took lots of notes of things we've been wondering about for weeks. I'll try to get a full trip report up by tomorrow, maybe with some pictures tomorrow. I'm also posting any info I gathered on various relevant threads. But I have lots of tips to share, so keep an eye out.

(I'm also going to do a very spoilery FJ report in FJ spoiler thread if I can find it later)

Just a heads up! I had a blast by the way. All great, except for the heat exhaustion.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #3528
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Tbad556, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbad556
Just got back from a long day at the parks. I was able to enter the island at 2 PM with no line. Forbidden Journey was at 90 minutes all day with Single Riders at about a 10-15 minute wait. Hippogriff ranged from a 10-15 minute wait all day and Dragon Challenge ranged from a 15-20 minute wait. The only shop I saw with a line was Ollivanders but I may have missed a shop or two. All signs of the Grand Opening are long gone and trees have replaced the stage. Here's a picture:

I also read a few requests for a picture of the new map cover. I'll post it in a few minutes. :thumbs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbad556
Here's that new park map cover. Sorry about the quality, I can't get to my scanner right now.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #3529
xApril
DIS Veteran

I don't think this has been posted yet, so this is the map with HP now.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #3530
ashleybea
DIS Veteran

I had an amazing time at universal. All I did was wwohp. I rode fj 6 times (love that single rider line!) I did get stuck once. It was at the quidditch part for about 10 minutes
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #3531
mittmee mouse
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the WWOHP is worth it for a 5 year old? We're going to WDW for his 5th birthday in October, and my son is a huge HP fan. But I'm concerned since he is currently about 45" and if he doesn't grow 3" to meet the 48" mark (not likely in 3 months), he will only be able to ride one HP ride. I'm afraid it would be a waste for him this year. Opinions? TIA!

Conquered my first Disney Race: Princess Half February, 2012
Conquered my first (1/2) Marathon Weekend and Birthdays galore: January, 2013
Next trip: Tower of Terror 10 Miler and 5K with the girls: October 2013
Old 06-29-2010, 12:32 AM   #3532
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittmee mouse View Post
Can anyone tell me if the WWOHP is worth it for a 5 year old? We're going to WDW for his 5th birthday in October, and my son is a huge HP fan. But I'm concerned since he is currently about 45" and if he doesn't grow 3" to meet the 48" mark (not likely in 3 months), he will only be able to ride one HP ride. I'm afraid it would be a waste for him this year. Opinions? TIA!
I think a five year old would love it, expecially in October when the temperatures are cooler and the crowds are milder. You can go through the castle and see Harry, Ron and Hermione in the same room as you (thru a cool special effect), and it's probably for the best he couldn't ride FJ since it has scary spiders and dementors.

Flight of the Hippogriff is actually loads of fun, and you can still walk thru the line for Dueling Dragons to see the car and Gobelt of Fire, etc.

In Three Broomsticks, there are shadows on the walls of owls flying and house elves cleaning. And the shops's interiors and window displays are truly magical.

So yes, I think it will totally be worth a visit (expecially since you'll miss some of the crowds in Oct.)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #3533
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

There's shadows of owls and house elves in 3B? I guess that effect happened after GO because I don't remember it. Sorry I've been MIA, school started up as soon as I got back from Orlando. I'll post a trip report soon. Keep in mind that my trip took place before GO so I'm sure the experience is completely different now.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #3534
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

One thing.. if you're interested in getting picked for your wand at Ollivander's.. count out the amount of people in front of you. They let in groups of 20-25, and from all the Ollivander shows that I've seen, the first one through the door is the one picked.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #3535
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
One thing.. if you're interested in getting picked for your wand at Ollivander's.. count out the amount of people in front of you. They let in groups of 20-25, and from all the Ollivander shows that I've seen, the first one through the door is the one picked.
Not necessarily. Our son got picked twice and we were not first in line either time...

Trip Report: Trip Report!!! Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #3536
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Was he given the same wand twice? It was just a suggestion.

Also! If there's anyone visiting WWoHP anytime soon.. I forgot to buy another picture frame.. it looks like this:

Its price is $19.95. I'm willing to pay the cost, shipping and handling, plus an extra $10 for the trouble if someone will purchase it for me!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #3537
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTrio View Post
Not necessarily. Our son got picked twice and we were not first in line either time...
Did you tell them he'd already been picked and they should let someone else do it?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #3538
cressy
Mouseketeer

for real.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #3539
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Also! If there's anyone visiting WWoHP anytime soon.. I forgot to buy another picture frame.. it looks like this:

Its price is $19.95. I'm willing to pay the cost, shipping and handling, plus an extra $10 for the trouble if someone will purchase it for me!

if you have no offers, I'll offer...but we don't arrive till July 13th.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #3540
HebeJebe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Was he given the same wand twice? It was just a suggestion.

You could try emailing this picture to Universal's Mail Order and see if they can ship it to you. I've used them before and they are very helpful.
MailOrder@UniversalOrlando.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: