Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #3496
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Thanks for posting these pictures!!! It's very pretty at night.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #3497
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howellsy View Post
I think you may be underestimating the unimaginable amount of fans Harry Potter has summounted since 1997. I know people who spend 12 hours waiting for the premieres of the films. I myself spent 4 hours queuing to get the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th books first at our local store and I'm not even the most diehard of fans compared to many people I know.

A 7 hour queue to visit somewhere you've been dreaming of seeing for 13 years is not going to put off hundreds of thousands of hardcore, insane fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
Yes, but hardcore fans will always want to be there first. That's something I've learned from being part of various rabid fanbases, they want to be first. So I'm expecting the real hardcores to be there for the next 3 months and then it will slow down. Not saying it will be empty, but it will slow down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly-Anna View Post
I'm with mum4jenn - so glad we stayed at PBR for Memorial Day weekend. Worth every penny especially after looking at the pictures for Opening Day, we never would have attempted it now. We rode FJ on Friday, 5/28. Got to the park at opening for onsite guests at 8 a.m. and the ride was down until 9. People waited in line for an hour hoping it would get up and running but we refused to and instead did the Dragons ride and Flight of the Hippogriff, walked around. At 9 they opened up the ride and we got in line. The line continuously moved and we were able to ride FJ. I think it broke down shortly after we rode it though. The whole ride experience was awesome and we lucked out because we had no wait. Once was enough for us though and when we went back that weekend we just went shopping in the stores and walked through.

I won't be back til maybe October if the hype calms down a bit, otherwise next year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish_upon_a_star35 View Post
Oh wow!!! I am getting really discouraged. We will be leaving in four days for my son's wish trip and I don't know if we are even going to be able to get into see WWOHP now. There is no way he'd be able to stand in line that long
We went yesterday three or four times into the WWOHP and only had to wait once at the opening of the park for on-site guests. We were given entry at around 7 AM and entered WWOHP around 8 AM. The other two times on the 20th there was no wait to get in the WWOHP. There were long lines for FJ, Olivanders and Three Broomsticks. Oh and for butter beer but those lines go quickly. The only real issue now is availability of some merchandise.
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #3498
Pink Flamingo
Think Pink!!!
DIS Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
We went yesterday three or four times into the WWOHP and only had to wait once at the opening of the park for on-site guests. We were given entry at around 7 AM and entered WWOHP around 8 AM. The other two times on the 20th there was no wait to get in the WWOHP. There were long lines for FJ, Olivanders and Three Broomsticks. Oh and for butter beer but those lines go quickly. The only real issue now is availability of some merchandise.
Woo-hoo! That's great news. Thanks for the report.

June 1998 Dixie Landings * June 2000 Dixie Landings * June 2002 Polynesian (& All Star Music for 1 night)* March 2004 Coronodo Spring * August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian; Hard Rock Hotel * January 2008 Wilderness Lodge * June 2009 Royal Pacific Resort 1st time club level * June 2010: Royal Pacific Resort * August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter * July 2012: Pop & Saratoga Springs ~ 2 Bedroom Villa

Pink Flamingo Flys Again:
August 2013: AKL Jambo House & Boardwalk Inn
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #3499
faqwa
Earning My Ears

Souvenirs

Hi, im a newbie!

We are coming over from the UK in 5 weeks. My youngest son is a complete HP nutcase....
Could anyone who has been kindly pass on any info about souvenir prices etc.? We are encouraging him to 'earn' his pocket money and buy more souvenirs. Any prices would be great.....

thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #3500
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faqwa View Post
Hi, im a newbie!

We are coming over from the UK in 5 weeks. My youngest son is a complete HP nutcase....
Could anyone who has been kindly pass on any info about souvenir prices etc.? We are encouraging him to 'earn' his pocket money and buy more souvenirs. Any prices would be great.....

thanks in advance
While on twitter the other day I came across a list of about a hundred souvenir items and prices but of course I didn't bookmark the site. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it again.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #3501
faqwa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
While on twitter the other day I came across a list of about a hundred souvenir items and prices but of course I didn't bookmark the site. I'll do some searching and see if I can find it again.
Oh if you could please!

My son would have it memorised within a day!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #3502
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faqwa View Post
Oh if you could please!

My son would have it memorised within a day!
K...From http://thewizardingworldofharrypotte...453/price-list

Red Gryffindor Shirt with sequins $36.95
Golden Snitch $14.95
Ollivander Wand (Birthday Wand) $28.95
Crest Patches $6.95 each
Hermione’s Wand $28.95
Harry’s Wand $28.95
Snape’s Wand $28.95
(12 character wands available)
Hedwig Pillow $17.95
Sneakoscope $14.95
Light-Up Goblet of Fire $24.95
Hedwig Mug $16.95
House Seals with Wax Sticks $18.95 each
Owl Hat $19.95
Quibbler Spectaspecs $6.95
Postcards $0.55/each
Hogwarts/Owl Postage 10 Stamp sets $12.95/each
Buckbeak Plush $21.95
Crookshanks Plush $24.95
Fawkes Phoenix Plush $24.95
Hedwig Puppet w/sound $29.95
Gryffindor Lanyard $7.95
Gryffindor Crest Banner $22.95
Expecto Patronum Shirt $28.95
Crookshanks/Scabber Sliding Pin $12.95
Ministry of Magic pin $9.95
Buckbeak sliding pin $12.95
Fang Pin $8.95
Firebolt Pin $10.95
Common Welsh Green Dragon Pin $9.95
Swedish Short Snout Dragon Pin $9.95
Chinese Fireball Dragon Pin $10.95
Hungarian Horntail Dragon Pin $10.95
Harry/Hedwig motion pin $9.95
Hedwig pin with moving wings $12.95
House Crest Pins (4 total) $9.95
Slytherin Perfect Pin $7.95
Gryffindor Hat $21.95
Golden Snitch pin $9.95
Chocolate Frog/with Lenticular Card $9.95
Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans $9.95
Pumpkin Juice $5.25
Butterbeer w/cup $8.50
One Chess set was $300 and the other was $400
Maurader’s Map $65 and was sold out 2 of the 3 times I was there
a set of four tumblers is $13.
Fawkes t-shirt-$26.95
WWOHP t-shirt-$24.95
You’re Just as Sane as I am-Luna t-shirt-$28.95
Robe $99
Hogs Head Ale is $6.50, with souvenir stein it is $11 (although someone else has said $9.50).
Pygmy Puffs $12.95
Voldemort Dolls 24.95
Honeyduke Lollipops 4.95
House Crest Leather Journals 18.95

Potter 07 shirt approx $28.00

Bottled pumpkin juice $4.99 ($4.50 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Screaming Yo Yo $9.95 ($8.96 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Jacob’s Ladder $4.95 ($4.46 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Bertie Bott’s Beans Box $9.95 ($8.96 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Chocolate Frog with card $9.95 ($8.95 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Sugar Quill Lillipop $2.95 ($2.65 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Acid Pop Lillipop $2.95 ($2.65 w/ 10% AAA discount)
Peppermint Toads $6.95 ($6.25 w/ 10% AAA discount)

Inside the magic has pictures with prices http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/0...e-merchandise/
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #3503
faqwa
Earning My Ears

Thank you SO much!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #3504
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
How did you think the early entry before the regular guests were allowed went. Would we be able to ride FJ 1st thing, both DD coasters and ck out the shops before the regular guests are let in? That is my plan

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #3505
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

thank you for the list of souvenirs and prices damo! My kids are wanting to know how much to save up and that helps a lot!
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #3506
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of TheDecemberists, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecemberists
just cause...

quick questions, though. they are going to replant the pine trees where that stage was, right?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #3507
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

We were at WWOHP last Monday, June 14th. Waited at gate from 8:20 until about 8:50 when we were allowed to enter. Everyone seemed to be heading towards the land. After mistakenly using the locker at the Dueling Dragons area and going back to remove my bag and then going to the right locker we walked right in...no wait! We were able to walk right up to FJ, enjoying the scenery along the way....unbelievable! The ride itself was fantastic and is now my ultimate favorite ride of all times. We got through everything else without waiting in lines, ate at TB, had butterbeer (regular and frozen) and then were able to do both parks (absolutely no lines in either parks) by 4:30. Went back to WWOHP and after waiting maybe 30 minutes were able to ride FJ again. I can't wait to go back again!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #3508
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
We were at WWOHP last Monday, June 14th. Waited at gate from 8:20 until about 8:50 when we were allowed to enter. Everyone seemed to be heading towards the land. After mistakenly using the locker at the Dueling Dragons area and going back to remove my bag and then going to the right locker we walked right in...no wait! We were able to walk right up to FJ, enjoying the scenery along the way....unbelievable! The ride itself was fantastic and is now my ultimate favorite ride of all times. We got through everything else without waiting in lines, ate at TB, had butterbeer (regular and frozen) and then were able to do both parks (absolutely no lines in either parks) by 4:30. Went back to WWOHP and after waiting maybe 30 minutes were able to ride FJ again. I can't wait to go back again!
Ahhhh... that was BEFORE the grand opening.... don't imagine it will be that quiet for a while...

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #3509
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
I was there that day too, although I entered at 8 am with the early guests. I kept wondering where the crowds were all day! I was the only person in the whole load zone for FJ, and all the other rides I wanted to do were basically walk ons. I think the longest wait I had was for the show in Ollivanders. I was very glad I hadn't bought the FotL pass! When I saw the crowds for the opening I was glad I had been their earlier!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #3510
arthursiew
Earning My Ears

Does the marauders map actually work?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: