Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #3421
eeyorefan67
Keeps an eye on Obi-Wan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
From @leaky on Twitter:

leaky

Harry Potter: Universal to Live Stream Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Events
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...er+books+films
Here's the official link http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotternews/
Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #3422
Howellsy
:)

Yep, I just got the email about that too. How awesome!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #3423
xApril
DIS Veteran

Looks like they're fixing all last minute issues.

Ride was down today when I got over there at around 10am, but I heard from someone that it was because one of their cameras was out of sync. That one camera kept taking the ride photo when the vehicle was on its side. They fixed it and the ride opened at about 10:30am. The queue was long for both single and regular. I only snagged two rides before I decided it was too hot and busy and went off to the Studios.

Looks like just about everything is set for Grand Opening!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #3424
hermionesnape
Mouseketeer

Ron, Ginny and the Twins are already onsite for the opening. I just left the The Rising Star at city walk and they were all there. Ron and Fred (maybe George not sure) did Karaoke, Ron three times, I think he was a little tipsy.

Also heard rumors they are staying at our hotel (Portofino Bay). Some one at the pool said they saw them arrive today.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #3425
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is NOT open to any day guests today or tomorrow. It is only open to hotel onsite guests and media.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #3426
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

One of my best friends who lives in Orlando is going WWoHP this weekend, so I'll give a full report when she reports to me!

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #3427
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

At the airport, Airtran had a plane come in with Harry Potter stickers, dropping off the winners of an essay contest. Bunch of Universal characters onsite to greet them, including TV crew. Supposed to be on the Today show on Friday! I am excited....I am gonna try my hardest to get there on Friday

Old 06-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #3428
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

We've heard that not only is not open to day guests Today and Tomorrow but Thursday as well, and that the GP will not be allowed into the Grand Opening as it will be filled with media. Afterwards MAYBE....but no guarantees.
But things change. We did get some pics sent in showing off the last full day of soft openings, including a computer glitch and people in the castle!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #3429
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
We've heard that not only is not open to day guests Today and Tomorrow but Thursday as well, and that the GP will not be allowed into the Grand Opening as it will be filled with media. Afterwards MAYBE....but no guarantees.
But things change. We did get some pics sent in showing off the last full day of soft openings, including a computer glitch and people in the castle!
Isn't today Wednesday, so that would make tomorrow Thursday?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #3430
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesnape View Post
Ron, Ginny and the Twins are already onsite for the opening. I just left the The Rising Star at city walk and they were all there. Ron and Fred (maybe George not sure) did Karaoke, Ron three times, I think he was a little tipsy.

Also heard rumors they are staying at our hotel (Portofino Bay). Some one at the pool said they saw them arrive today.

hahahahaha that's awesome!!!!!! What a fun experience for you! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
At the airport, Airtran had a plane come in with Harry Potter stickers, dropping off the winners of an essay contest. Bunch of Universal characters onsite to greet them, including TV crew. Supposed to be on the Today show on Friday! I am excited....I am gonna try my hardest to get there on Friday
DAGNABIT!!!!!!!! I'm flying into Orlando TODAY from Air Tran! hahaha! I missed seeing this

And on a further note, probably won't be on here until next Wednesday. Going to Disney/IOA/Daytona Beach!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a great (and hopefully not intensely crazy) GO week!!!!!! And hopefully I'll be able to ride FJ! I'll just eat the Cauldron Cake AFTER I ride. hahaha!

EDIT: dang! Your ticker looks weird when it's the day you leave for your trip!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #3431
DisneyTampa
Mouseketeer

Wizarding World was open all day yesterday!!! We got there before the Universal gates opened and then as soon as they opened we headed right to Harry Potter. To our surprise it was open!! We immediately headed to Forbidden Journey. It was down so we toured the castle. We immediately got back in line hoping it would soon be operational, and it infact did go operational!!! We rode 2 times not knowing how long Wizarding World would be open.

We walked all around Hogsmeade, visited all the stores, rode the rides and ate at Three Broomsticks. Before we knew it, it was already 4pm and everything was still open including Forbidden Journey!!

Here are the videos I took yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsDuTBWZTIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx5JouI_aqU
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." - Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyTampa
Old 06-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #3432
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTampa View Post
Wizarding World was open all day yesterday!!! We got there before the Universal gates opened and then as soon as they opened we headed right to Harry Potter. To our surprise it was open!! We immediately headed to Forbidden Journey. It was down so we toured the castle. We immediately got back in line hoping it would soon be operational, and it infact did go operational!!! We rode 2 times not knowing how long Wizarding World would be open.

We walked all around Hogsmeade, visited all the stores, rode the rides and ate at Three Broomsticks. Before we knew it, it was already 4pm and everything was still open including Forbidden Journey!!

Thanks for the videos!! Only 64 more days for me!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #3433
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Lol, that FotH video was funny! Thanks for sharing.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Old 06-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #3434
Stew_Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTampa View Post

How exciting! Thanks for posting!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #3435
David R
Dreams do come true.

Hey everyone. It's been a looong time since I last posted but I wanted to say that we rode the ride this past weekend and it was simply amazing. Jaw dropping. I'm still in awe. You are all going to love it!

I feel like the entire HP area is a tad small but it is so very well done. It's beautiful.

And the butterbeer is great! We tried the liquid one (vs the frozen one) and it was sweet and refreshing.

And this is coming from someone who cannot stand the Harry Potter books and movies.

I hope you all enjoy your trips here and that you walk out of the ride with the same sense of awe as we did.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: