Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #316
JackandSally79
Growing old but not up

I can't wait!! I am hoping it's mid May because we are already booked at DVC.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #317
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsynic View Post
-

PLUS spring 2010 is 5 only months away and still no fixed opening date!!!
I know what you mean. Not that I have much hope that it WILL in fact be open by March 2010 ( when we will be down ), but it sure would be nice to know that for a fact.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #318
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
I know what you mean. Not that I have much hope that it WILL in fact be open by March 2010 ( when we will be down ), but it sure would be nice to know that for a fact.
Summer officially begins towards the end of June, so them saying Spring gives them quite a bit of leeway. I'd be surprised if it was open by March. We were there a few weeks ago and from what we could see there is still a really, really long way to go.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #319
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Summer officially begins towards the end of June, so them saying Spring gives them quite a bit of leeway. I'd be surprised if it was open by March. We were there a few weeks ago and from what we could see there is still a really, really long way to go.
I agree, but I can still hope ....
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #320
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

I'm really hoping if they're confident enough to say "spring" that they may even be ready for some soft openings prior to that... We're going down at the end of April and I keep telling the kids not to be disappointed if it's not open, but I think I'M the one that needs to be reminded of that more than them! But, I'm secretly REALLY hoping that it'll be open in April!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #321
SNylund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
I dont think anyone is right for assuming anything at this point. It's going to be a KukaRobo Coaster, but as was said in the conference, it's far from a coaster. There was no mention on whether or not it is going to be 3d, or just simulator screens or what. I think, personally, it will be worth seeing at least once. But I would wait until either later in the summer, or early fall. Definately do not do it the first couple of weeks it's open. The rumor is that they just ordered 100 oil lamps for the attraction....just for the attraction, not the land. There were photos of giant stone snake heads. I'm thinking this will be a big mix of existing technology in ways that we have never seen. Musion maybe?
I'm one of the biggest critics of this project because they destroyed my lost continent. I loved that whole area, but I am very excited to see this world come to life. I think everyone should be...even if you're a disney fan.
I was invited to the webcast as well...here's my take on it.
Yaytez, at LC they did keep the broken statue, Mythos and Poisiedens Fury? Correct? I haven't been since construction started for HP.

I hope the ride is something like a cross between spider man and Mummy, mixing in 3-d with real sets and props and animatronics.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #322
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

The cast did a lot of filming for the ride so there definitely will be that as well. Add a coaster that doesn't move on a track but moves in the air, great animatronics and great sets and props and how can you fail?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #323
SNylund
Mouseketeer

So what's the bottom line?

I got the scoop on the 3 rides (1 new, 2 refurb)

But what's the total on the restaurants and shops? And do we know if they'll be counterservice only, or sit down restaurant like Mythos too? Etc., THanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #324
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNylund View Post
So what's the bottom line?

I got the scoop on the 3 rides (1 new, 2 refurb)

But what's the total on the restaurants and shops? And do we know if they'll be counterservice only, or sit down restaurant like Mythos too? Etc., THanks.
Seems like I read an interview with the executive chef for Mythos last year and he hinted that there would be a table service restaurant there as well.

Can't remember for sure, though.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #325
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

We were going to do a WDW and Universal split trip next summer like usual but after reading the recent press release and photos, we are thinking of a US only trip for 5 nights around July 4th. DH and DS are really psyched! I sure hope it is open by July 4th because I was very disappointed that HR3 was not open for our trip this past July 4th.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #326
czycropper
DIS Veteran

I've already booked for Jersey Week (first week in Nov.) 2010 so I'm a very happy HP Fan!!! It's part of my big birthday present.

Our whole family is excited about just immersing ourselves into Hogsmead - the rides are just icing on the cake.

1972 - 1975 - Offsite; 1976 - Contemporary; 1977-1988 - Off site; 1992 - POR/Swan; 2004 - Poly Concierge; 2005 - off site; 2008 - 6/22-6/26 @CBR for dance with Disney Magical Music Days
2009 - 5/22-27 - quick trip to Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens
2011 - WWoHP

Non-Orlando trips
2006 - Colorado
2007 - Caribbean
2010 - Galapagos
2012 - Cedar Point/Holiday World/Hershey Park/Great Adventure/Dorney Park - aka "The Great Roller Coaster Vacation"
2013 - England & France
Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #327
shinjirod
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by czycropper View Post
I've already booked for Jersey Week (first week in Nov.) 2010 so I'm a very happy HP Fan!!! It's part of my big birthday present.

Our whole family is excited about just immersing ourselves into Hogsmead - the rides are just icing on the cake.
I hope 2010's Jersey Week is like last years. I was there, and IOA and US were absolutely empty!!! I rod everything twice, some things even three times, two days in a row. Hopefully not too many people will be there and you'll enjoy it.

I'll be working at Epcot starting on june, so ill be there when it opens. Im very excited! :D
Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #328
Crystal_27
DIS Veteran

We're planning on a 2 week trip over Christmas, 2010. I can't wait to spend a couple days at Universal dedicated to Harry Potter!!

Me (34); DD (9)
December, 2007 Land/Sea Trip Report
9 Days of Disney Dining (Food Report)
March, 2009 Trip Report
September, 2009 Eastern Cruise Trip Report

Next trips: Aulani in September, 2014 and Thanksgiving, 2014 on the Magic (YAY).
Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #329
muffyn
"hmmm*

excuse if this was answered...

but I thought when this was announced , there was to be TWO "E" ticket rides in harry potter land.

there was all this discussion of where the 2nd might go ( replacing sinbad , where it shows the train sticking out ,etc, ) is this all there is now? the castle, & refurbished dragon & unicorn?

bummer........
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #330
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

On Hagrid's Hut

Courtesy of Felipe, Krusty the Clown and BJCool, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
It would DFINITELY be nice to walk through Hagrid's Hut, but it hasn't been certain if we'll be able to yet. I really hope so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty the Clown
That would all be nice, but what exactly would be inside of Hagrid's Hut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
Huge furniture, a table with huge cups and plates, the fire roaring with a cauldron holding a rattling dragon's egg inside :D, then in the corner maybe a basket with a hidden creature inside, that can move and make noises... Idk, there's a lot of interesting things that could be done with it, lots of photo ops too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCool
Screen capture from Sorcerer's Stone:

Screen capture from Order of the Phoenix

And here is a walk-through set up at the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: