Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #3106
Momejules
Mother of 3 future Disney Fanatics!!

Can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at Olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #3107
HufflepuffMudblood
Entranced and Enchanted by Magic

Hey guys, saw the merchandise but did not see any Hufflepuff stuff. (lol at rhyme)

ANYWAY, I was wandering if they sold anything like what was for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. I hope so, otherwise I may have to have a house change....

(I may just go to slytherin..... )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #3108
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

I've started the new thread for Pre-GO package holders if anyone is interested.

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #3109
HufflepuffMudblood
Entranced and Enchanted by Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momejules View Post
Can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at Olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!
$25-30 for exclusive Ollivander wands
$30-50 for character wands.

The Ollivander wands are pretty neat. They're for all kinds of people. Some have skulls on the end of them, some of then are more plain, and some of them are thick. They're pretty diverse and rather cool.

Last edited by HufflepuffMudblood; 06-01-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #3110
WWEDUDE

I am in a head cast
Excuse me while i go punch something
Don't Rip Off Dis People

Quote:
Originally Posted by momejules View Post
can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!
$25-$120

The experience at Olivanders is very cool, but only one person per group (probably around 20) inside Olivanders gets the experience, but anyone can buy a wand at the Owl Post.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #3111
derekburgan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufflepuffMudblood View Post
Hey guys, saw the merchandise but did not see any Hufflepuff stuff. (lol at rhyme)

ANYWAY, I was wandering if they sold anything like what was for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. I hope so, otherwise I may have to have a house change....

(I may just go to slytherin..... )
While there is a ton of stuff for Griffindor and Slytherin, it looks like there are a couple choices for shirts, etc for both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. So stay true to your House!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #3112
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDUDE View Post
$25-$120

The experience at Olivanders is very cool, but only one person per group (probably around 20) inside Olivanders gets the experience, but anyone can buy a wand at the Owl Post.
Anyone have photos of their wands to share? I'm particularly curious to see what the exclusive wands look like.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #3113
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Anyone have photos of their wands to share? I'm particularly curious to see what the exclusive wands look like.
I started a "Which Wand Chose You?" thread so people can display their wands!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #3114
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Anyone hear whether they're letting the general public in today? If so...how long they're letting them stay? Also are they limiting hotel guests to the previous 8A-10A?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #3115
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

I'm heading up early next week and spending a night at the Hard Rock (the last of the 3 I need to stay in!)

So, for package holders and hotel guests, they are allowed in around 8am? is there a specifically marked entrance for this?

And, for those not riding (I have already convinced myself in order to avoid disappointment that I will not fit into the ride device. I can ride everything else just fine, but sounds like this ride hates fat people more than the other rides) they are still able to experience the queue? At the very least, I want to experience what is inside Hogwarts.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #3116
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
Anyone hear whether they're letting the general public in today? If so...how long they're letting them stay? Also are they limiting hotel guests to the previous 8A-10A?
Don't know how true it is, but initial reports are saying the GP was told this morning at the gate that there was no-how no-way they were getting in there today, but then at 9am the doors swung open for them and they are in now.

Yet another example of how you can't really believe anything people at Universal tell you even if they tell it to your face while you're standing there at the entrance.

I haven't heard any reports yet as to how long they are supposedly staying open for today.

May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Old 06-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #3117
beepbeepimajeep
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
No GP soft opening preview today.

Edit: I gave up at about 9:05 this morning when they said there was no way they would be opening today so I don't know if the above poster is right about what happened afterwords.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #3118
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacking View Post
I'm heading up early next week and spending a night at the Hard Rock (the last of the 3 I need to stay in!)

So, for package holders and hotel guests, they are allowed in around 8am? is there a specifically marked entrance for this?

And, for those not riding (I have already convinced myself in order to avoid disappointment that I will not fit into the ride device. I can ride everything else just fine, but sounds like this ride hates fat people more than the other rides) they are still able to experience the queue? At the very least, I want to experience what is inside Hogwarts.
Yes, you can absolutely experience the entire queue and pre-show! In fact, it's set up so you can easily bypass the ride portion. It sounds really nifty.

Also, there's a test seat outside which may give you at least some idea whether you have a chance of fitting on the ride. The only glitch seems to be that the operators are no longer allowed to push the seats closed on people (some folks complained?), so if it can't close by itself, you might not be able to ride when you get inside, even if you could squeeze into the test seat.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #3119
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeepimajeep View Post
That's not true.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #3120
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeepimajeep View Post

Edit: I gave up at about 9:05 this morning when they said there was no way they would be opening today so I don't know if the above poster is right about what happened afterwords.
I don't know it for a fact. I'm just reporting what I've heard so far.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: