Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #3046
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howellsy View Post
Yeah I hate the emphasis on Gryffindor and Slytherin cause I'm a huge Ravenclaw fan and was hoping to get some cool stuff. I'm wondering how much will appear on eBay in the next few weeks and for how much!
It doesn't shock me too much. There is the emphasis on Griffindor and Slytherin in the books and the movies.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #3047
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

I'm happy to hear there's ANY Ravenclaw (and presumably Hufflepuff?) merchandise!

I was really hoping for a t-shirt when we went to see the travelling exhibition in Toronto, but all the souvenirs on sale were for Gryffindor and Slytherin. Well, except for things like house crest bookmark sets (which look cool, but can't be used on real books because they tear the pages) and a 4-house crest mug (which my daughter criticized on the basis that Ravenclaw should have an eagle, not a raven?? ).

Does anyone have a picture of any of the t-shirts? I'd love to see a Hufflepuff one. Are there really House baseball caps?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2010, 08:00 AM   #3048
MaleficentandGoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
To be honest, people complaining here is more effective than contacting Universal. Universal is highly unlikely to respond in a meaningful way, but the bad reports plus pictures and pretty mediocre video footage has already convinced me to stay far away from IoA for the next year or so. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for plenty of other posters/lurkers.
Yeah, but you're basing your choice off someone else's opinion of a soft opening. How does that make sense?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #3049
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Softs are going well so far this morning. Sounds like the onsite crowd is smaller.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #3050
lildamo
Mouseketeer

The general public has now been let into WWoHP according to people on Twitter who have been waiting at the gates. They're telling them it's only open until 10am, but that's what they were telling package/on-site guests too, so who knows!

I can't decide if I'm excited or disappointed about this...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #3051
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

That is exactly why we did our hotel room booking for Memorial Day weekend. I figured they would not soft till after the holiday crowds. As a local it's cool to know I could go in there again but as a hotel guest I would probably be ticked. Yesterday I got my money's worth paying for the room by riding FJ four times with walk-on for three of those. With the GP being let in (if it's true), people who paid the same (well, probably more) have to fight a bigger crowd. It would make more sense for them to still get the 2 hours exclusive and then let in GP.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #3052
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
That is exactly why we did our hotel room booking for Memorial Day weekend. I figured they would not soft till after the holiday crowds. As a local it's cool to know I could go in there again but as a hotel guest I would probably be ticked. Yesterday I got my money's worth paying for the room by riding FJ four times with walk-on for three of those. With the GP being let in (if it's true), people who paid the same (well, probably more) have to fight a bigger crowd. It would make more sense for them to still get the 2 hours exclusive and then let in GP.
Apparently they're letting the general public in to a maximum of 2500 people since hotel reservations are down. I have no idea how many people were in the area for the 2 hours over the weekend but it would be interesting to know how much bigger the crowds will be with this controlled GP access.

Also, the Three Broomsticks will open to non-breakfast people at 10am, according to a Twitter source!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #3053
MaleficentandGoons
Mouseketeer

RA VEN CLAW! RA VEN CLAW!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #3054
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time the parking lot opens so that my family can get in line early? We'll be down in 2 weeks and my kids are hoping we can get in.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #3055
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

It was open by 7 both days I was there this weekend.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #3056
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #3057
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentandGoons View Post
RA VEN CLAW! RA VEN CLAW!
Look! I found a picture of a Ravenclaw t-shirt at the Orlando Airport! And the luggage looks cool, too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/4657574963/

From the same Photostream, here's a close up of a Slytherin t-shirt...

And some general Wizarding World apparel...

Are those baseball caps on the middle shelf?

Still looking for Hufflepuff t-shirt pictures... but if it's a similar design, I know I'll be happy.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #3058
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

I hope they'll have ladies fitted tops too? Rather than just man/children-size tees.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #3059
rosiejo
Wonky Chick
Look out for wedding crashing DISers!
Blimey you guys were hyper last night

The merchandise looks good. I'm really looking forward to checking out the new area this November. It's the only reason we're buying USF/IOA tickets this year!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #3060
freediverdude
Was very touched by the Tapestry of Dreams parade :(

What?? They're letting the public in to share the same preview at the same time as the package people and resort guests?? And still close at the same time?? This is seriously pissing me off. Why did I pay for an onsite resort room 2 months ago to see this then.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: