Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #3016
cressy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
Thank you so much!! Now I know where to look for them come September. Also, if anyone that's seen a price I'd love to know. Thanks again!
Oh yeah, sorry; I'm pretty sure they were like 28.95
Old 05-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #3017
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Unless you're going on or after June 18 or you can make a meal out of desserts...you can forget eating exclusively at WWOHP. The 3 Broomsticks isn't serving any meals until then except for the breakfast package. I know this because I asked one of the TMs who worked there when we were let in to look around...I really wanted those fish & chips on the menu.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #3018
Musashi450
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
Okay. So your letter did say "2 hours (8-10)", not 1 hour (8-9)? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Because according to Inkkognito, that's been a pretty good deal.
My mistake, my letter says 8-9. I came up with the 2 hours based on what concierge was telling me. I think (hope) they are putting 1 just to cover their a$@. I'm still not quiet sure but it sounds like our package was simply combined with those staying at the pricey on site resorts as well. Everyone I've talked to however says it's been a minimum of 2 for FJ with intermittent delays.

My 3B reservation is actually at 9 so if it did close at 9 so if rides actually shut down at 9, I just plan on running to 3B.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #3019
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Unless you're going on or after June 18 or you can make a meal out of desserts...you can forget eating exclusively at WWOHP. The 3 Broomsticks isn't serving any meals until then except for the breakfast package. I know this because I asked one of the TMs who worked there when we were let in to look around...I really wanted those fish & chips on the menu.
I'm going June 20th to WWOHP so I'll be able to eat there for meals! Definitely want to have a meal at the Three Broomsticks, get butterbeer/pumpkin juice, and a cauldron cake/pumpkin pastie. Then might get some candy too..... HOW WERE THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS SKINNY!? JK Rowling always giving them so many sweets. *jealous*
Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #3020
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

Quote:
My guess is that when the area is open to the public (for soft opening), Three Broomsticks will be open for lunch hours (after the breakfast for package holders is served)
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #3021
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

WWoHP Castle Queue today--60 min wait

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #3022
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacking View Post
My guess is that when the area is open to the public (for soft opening), Three Broomsticks will be open for lunch hours (after the breakfast for package holders is served)
I doubt it since I specifically asked when it would be open for lunch and the TM said not until after the Grand Opening.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #3023
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

WWoHP FJ warnings

Old 05-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #3024
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

from HoneyDukes

Old 05-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #3025
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

Quote:
I doubt it since I specifically asked when it would be open for lunch and the TM said not until after the Grand Opening.
I think that just may be their standard answer. I find it hard to believe that the first day Three Broomsticks will be in full operational mode with their normal menu will be on Grand Opening that. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #3026
Musashi450
Earning My Ears

It sounds like they simply don't know until the day of and even then there is confusion.

Also for what it's worth, I'm absolutely willing to give this hour of exclusivity thing a shot with an open attitude. However 60 minutes to wait in line for the castle when I only have a guaranteed 60 minutes to ride?! Kinda defeats the purpose...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #3027
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacking View Post
I think that just may be their standard answer. I find it hard to believe that the first day Three Broomsticks will be in full operational mode with their normal menu will be on Grand Opening that. Doesn't make sense to me.
The TM said it didn't make much sense to her either and she wished they would open before then so they would be prepared for the Grand Opening. I think they are crazy if they do wait till then. but I also think they were crazy for waiting as long as they did to soft open FJ.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #3028
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi450 View Post
It sounds like they simply don't know until the day of and even then there is confusion.

Also for what it's worth, I'm absolutely willing to give this hour of exclusivity thing a shot with an open attitude. However 60 minutes to wait in line for the castle when I only have a guaranteed 60 minutes to ride?! Kinda defeats the purpose...
Plan to be there early and you should be able to get on in considerably less time than 60 minutes. If you want to re-ride the line will get longer, but apparently it was a walk-on by the end of the preview period today! Doubt we'll ever see that again!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #3029
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
The TM said it didn't make much sense to her either and she wished they would open before then so they would be prepared for the Grand Opening. I think they are crazy if they do wait till then. but I also think they were crazy for waiting as long as they did to soft open FJ.
I can see FJ just phyically not be ready to open but Three Broomsticks? They kept the kitchen from Enchanted Oak, so how difficult can it be?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #3030
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildamo View Post
Plan to be there early and you should be able to get on in considerably less time than 60 minutes. If you want to re-ride the line will get longer, but apparently it was a walk-on by the end of the preview period today! Doubt we'll ever see that again!
Exactly! As long as it is running early and you are towards the front of the line to get in, your first ride will have little or no wait. The next one will be longer (for us #2 was 35 mins. today) because the crowd density has increased. After that I guess people were tired of it because there was literally no wait other than the time it took us to talk through the castle. The only thing that will gum up the works is if it is not operational first thing in the morning (which was our problem yesterday).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: