Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #2401
KerriK85
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzman View Post
We did not get in. The section was still locked up tight yesterday.
invisibility cloak? the only problem is, is that it is inside the land...ugh
Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #2402
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriK85 View Post
we will know exactly on may 28th, thats when they start soft openings, but they are CONFIRMED for any package holders and people that booked the universal resort BEFORE the date announcement. hold out a couple more days!
, Great to hear, keeping our fingers crossed!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #2403
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

My boys are big suite life on deck fans. They were watching an episode and they were making a News broadcast. At one point London draped a green fabric around herself they only thing you saw was her head floating. It reminded me of Harry & his invisability cloak. I was so excited I was pointing it out to the kids and they thought it was really cool. Then of course I started thinking and I thought wouldn't it be cool to have something like it at WWOHP for a cool photo op.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #2404
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
We don't know that TM's working the ride haven't ridden. We just know that they haven't reported on it.
Right

Yeah a little disappointed i didnt actually ride the ride but the queue was so enjoyable

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #2405
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriK85 View Post
we will know exactly on may 28th, thats when they start soft openings, but they are CONFIRMED for any package holders and people that booked the universal resort BEFORE the date announcement. hold out a couple more days!
That's what I'm doing. I have Tuesday as a free day. If they're doing general soft opening I'll head to US, if not I'll stay at WDW that day.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #2406
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I am a little freaked and kinda aggravated! I was really dying to do the wand experience and now that looks near impossible. Why, if people are willing to wait 7 hours in line for a ride, can't they have a line for people wanting to do that for the wands. Its really disappointing!

I am a little freaked about the Grand Opening. We bought the HP package thru Universal thinking the GO would be May 28th, but lo and behold, the GO is the 18th, which is our 1st day there. Its my understanding that people wont be able to get into the WWOHP until late in the afternoon? Why in the world are we allowed into the park an hour early then. I know its the whole park, but I though the incentive to the package deal was an hour early so we could enjoy WWOHP without lines as long as regular times.

I am a huge HP fan and am even a member of an adult only fan club here in Ohio, so I am super excited, but also super nervous. I wish my plane tickets were refundable and I would change to a later date.

I hope they let people into the park to atlease see JK Rowling. I know I can't meet her, but to see her and Maybe Hopefully hear her reada passage would be a dream come true!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #2407
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

For all of you that are going opening day, what time are you planning on arriving at the park?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #2408
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Hello Everyone, I was able to tour the WWoHP as part of a press tour led by the creative team for the attraction: Alan Gilmore (art director) and Paul Daurio (show producer). We were asked to hold our articles until Universal gave us the OK to release them. We've gotten that OK, and you can find it on our website.

I tried to include lots of details including the lunch/dinner menu at Three Broomsticks.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/05/...creative-team/

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Old 05-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #2409
sportzboy698
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Skywalker View Post
Hello Everyone, I was able to tour the WWoHP as part of a press tour led by the creative team for the attraction: Alan Gilmore (art director) and Paul Daurio (show producer). We were asked to hold our articles until Universal gave us the OK to release them. We've gotten that OK, and you can find it on our website.

I tried to include lots of details including the lunch/dinner menu at Three Broomsticks.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/05/...creative-team/

The whole box over the head thing sounds disappointing...i hope thats not the actual ride and its just for a demo.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #2410
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

EXCELLENT walkthrough...TY TY

As for the ride, it sounds like the one in EPCOT, Sum of all Thrills...some may get a bit claustraphobic

Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #2411
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzboy698 View Post
The whole box over the head thing sounds disappointing...i hope thats not the actual ride and its just for a demo.
I don't think the reviewer actually rode the ride but was just talking about the test seats.

If the ride is going to have us merely with screens around our faces, there would be no need for such a large ride building or such hype for that matter.

Last edited by damo; 05-26-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #2412
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I don't think the reviewer actually rode the ride but was just talking about the test seats.

If the ride is going to have us with screens around our faces, there would be no need for such a large ride building.
Nor life-size audio animatronics.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #2413
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any info on the FJ and how it will fit larger sized people? Will this be a problem?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #2414
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Sweet!!!!!! Awesome review!

What do you think a good touring order would be for this? Right now, I'm thinking....Forbidden Journey, BATHROOM!, Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head, Dueling Dragons, Flight of the Hippogriff, then more shopping.

I have a feeling realistically, it'll go: FJ, bathroom/food, one more ride (will have to pick) and then shopping. Might only get to FJ and not any other rides...but FJ will be worth it!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #2415
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
Sweet!!!!!! Awesome review!

What do you think a good touring order would be for this? Right now, I'm thinking....Forbidden Journey, BATHROOM!, Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head, Dueling Dragons, Flight of the Hippogriff, then more shopping.

I have a feeling realistically, it'll go: FJ, bathroom/food, one more ride (will have to pick) and then shopping. Might only get to FJ and not any other rides...but FJ will be worth it!
If you want to do Ollivander's I'd get there early too - sounds like there will be quite the lines to get in there!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: