Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #2371
kyzman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvose17 View Post
So did you get in? I am here in Orlando this week, but I am worried about showing up and not getting at least to shop. Any advice?
We did not get in. The section was still locked up tight yesterday.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #2372
kyzman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGerry View Post
I wonder when they will allow Universal passholders a sneak?
I'm guessing we won't get any sneak peek. The opening is quickly approaching and I'm sure we would have received a notice by now.

We hit both parks yesterday and I think attendance was lopsided towards IOA. Ride queues were much longer and it seemed that a lot of people were wandering over to the WWOHP section in hopes of getting in / being able to walk around. On the flip side, it was great to get on the rides in the Studios park with virtually no queue times since it seemed like the crowds were mostly in IOA.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #2373
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Ok gang..some interesting news to report from my inside info..

- Passholder previews are NOT gonna happen. Not sure why, but what the employees told, they not gonna happen...BAD MOVE I do think...this is the first time I am aware of Universal not giving passholders a preview..but it could also have to do with WB and Rowling..so not sure..

- Speaking of JK Rowling..she has been coming to the park at LEAST once a week for the past few weeks, checking things out, making sure final touches are JUST RIGHT..She has no problems going up to TM's and telling them what is wrong

- TM previews happened on Friday night, and the lady I work with got to go!!!
She told me about Butterbear(said it tasted like flat cream soda) and Pumpkin juice(best warm) and said it was awesome...and she scored me the goodie bag! I will post it when I get my hands on it...

- FJ was OPEN during TM previews, she did not ride, but a lot of them did...no pictures allowed though

Overall...I am giddy about this place...June 18...HERE I COME!

Old 05-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #2374
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Owl Post

I thought I read where you could mail a post/ letter from WWoHP and it will get a special postmark or something. I didnt see a place to mail a letter or TM's didnt seem to know as well? Perhaps in the actual Owl Post store but that was swamped with wand buyers?

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #2375
Lucky4me
****!

As maddening as it is, I think it's marketing genius to keep FJ top secret. Just makes everyone want to see it that much more.
However, I do hope someone is riding it and it's not really technical problems keeping it from being unveiled. I keep reading about some people riding, but no one actually seeing anyone riding. The stars of the movie sitting on the ride at the end and saying, oh that was so cool! Who knows if that was a photo op or what. TM's saying some TM's rode, but they didn't, that kind of thing.

Yes, I wear my tinfoil hat proudly.
I guess we'll find out on June 18th.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #2376
LuvClarice
Mouseketeer

FJ not open during TM preview

My daughter attended a TM preview and said the ride was not open during the preview but they did allow TMs to enter and walk through the queue - which she reported was worth seeing in itself!

Kathy
Old 05-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #2377
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
I'm actually not interested in the wands at all (I've got a conductor's baton at home that I conduct band with...basically the same thing ). I just really hope I can get into Owl Post so I can send some postcards off to my friends!

BUT!!!!! My big question I have for you guys is.....how do you think going Sunday instead of Friday grand opening will compare? We're considering going Sunday instead. Basically...if Alan Rickman will be there Friday (which he hasn't been confirmed at all yet), we'll try for Friday. If not, we'll try for Sunday. Does going Sunday seem wiser? All opinions appreciated! :D
I loved Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensability..
Old 05-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #2378
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGerry View Post
I thought I read where you could mail a post/ letter from WWoHP and it will get a special postmark or something. I didnt see a place to mail a letter or TM's didnt seem to know as well? Perhaps in the actual Owl Post store but that was swamped with wand buyers?
I heard this too!!!!!!! hahaha I've been promising people postcards straight from WWOHP from the Owl Post!!!! I don't care about the wands, I just want to send postcards! I think it's in the actual Owl Post, but I would guess like you have, that the wand buyers have swarmed the place. :/
Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #2379
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
I heard this too!!!!!!! hahaha I've been promising people postcards straight from WWOHP from the Owl Post!!!! I don't care about the wands, I just want to send postcards! I think it's in the actual Owl Post, but I would guess like you have, that the wand buyers have swarmed the place. :/
TMs have been reporting that they've seen this too -- there are four (or maybe it was six? I don't remember...) different stamps you can buy to send your mail from Owl Post.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #2380
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildamo View Post
TMs have been reporting that they've seen this too -- there are four (or maybe it was six? I don't remember...) different stamps you can buy to send your mail from Owl Post.
awesome!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #2381
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildamo View Post
I have been hearing 4.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #2382
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Screamscape
http://www.screamscape.com

Quote:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - (5/22/10) Universal has released a new Wizarding World video that shows off several of the film’s stars taking a private tour of the land, trying out the shops, Butterbeer and more. Even better, you get your first peek at the Magic Bench car on the ride just before the end of the video. I’ve grabbed a screen capture and lightened it up a bit to help you see it a little better in the dark.

Harry Potter film stars tour the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCDGOGnoF_o

On May 20, 2010 Harry Potter film stars Harry Potter film stars Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Oliver and James Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) took a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure theme park.

Harry Potter Stars Tour Universal's Wizarding World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EDV42k0UyI

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #2383
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Heard rumors of the soft openings. All the walls were down by JP, and things were being moved around at Dragons. My guess is any day now.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #2384
KerriK85
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=yaytezIOA;36745203]Heard rumors of the soft openings. All the walls were down by JP, and things were being moved around at Dragons. QUOTE]

well the soft opening for universal resort guests are this week so that may be why
Old 05-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #2385
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

Just think, all will be revealed this weekend (hopefully including FJ!) squeee : 3 1/2 weeks until we go! (well, 4 until we're at the actual park)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: