Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:20 AM   #2326
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
I'd like to know more specifics on items that are being sold. I know wands and candy and robes...but anything really cool!? I thought I read somewhere that they're selling a Quibbler? Or did I fall for another April Fool's joke again?
Reports from other sites have mentioned Quaffles, Bludgers, Snitches with moving wings and various life sized broom replicas that are all new products. Also, mention has been made in one report that Filches has all the Noble Collection items like the fancy chess boards, etc. I heard the Quibbler rumor as well, but no one has confirmed it that I have seen. Zonkos apparently has Pigmy Puffs (with feet and faces), Various Wheezes products like Puking Pastiles, etc. There are also new shirts, costumes, etc that are not available elsewhere. And of course Honeydukes has tons of candy in new packaging. Prices seem on par with what is charged on other HP sites like wbshop.com and Noble Collection.

Quote:
nodoubtrock: I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.
Yeah, I think it was inevitable due to crowds, and I'm sure the "show" will be fun regardless. It's still disappointing, but it is what it is. That's why I hope they'll have some sort of chart or poster up so we can see the different styles of wands for sale, with their "traits". You know, the wand can still choose you, even if the lights don't go all glowy, it's like a little voice in your head going "pick me" when you see the right wand.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #2327
AlexJB
Earning My Ears

Did anyone else notice that when the camera panned round the FJ ride seat, the loading area looked huge?
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #2328
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
Gah, I want another frozen butterbeer now! So tasty!!!!

Everyone I know paid for the collectible/refillable stein.
Must have been something like $8.50 for mug and something like $4 for plastic cup. Beer is also served in a souveneir mug or plastic cup.

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #2329
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubtrock View Post
I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.
They then get to test the wand in the store

big range in pricing--what happens if the $100 wand selects you? do you say that is ok i only want the $20 one?

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #2330
glocon
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the prices to refill a refillable mug/stein? And I think that I can safely say that if a $100 wand chooses my son, we will go back another time and choose a different wand. Just not in our budget. Surely the Universal people wouldn't do that to kids- have an expensive wand choose them and then not be able to get it when the parents can't afford it!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #2331
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToLove View Post
Zonkos apparently has Pigmy Puffs (with feet and faces), Various Wheezes products like Puking Pastiles, etc.
I bought a Pigmy Puff and a sneak-o-scope for my girls. As well as Ton Tongue toffee - which was delicious! Bertie Botts every flavor beans, Honeyduke's salt water taffy (also surprisingly good), and dark chocolate peppermint toads.

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #2332
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

We also posted some pictures and the video on our blog.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/05/...-harry-potter/

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Old 05-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #2333
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I'm frankly worried about the crowds. I wonder if they'll control entry to the area if it gets too crowded? I picture 100's of people milling around at rope drop.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #2334
kyzman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm frankly worried about the crowds. I wonder if they'll control entry to the area if it gets too crowded? I picture 100's of people milling around at rope drop.
I came over to IOA this morning and arrived at opening, hoping for a soft opening. When we got to the Potter stuff, about 25-50 of us gathered at one time. I imagine much more than hundreds of people trying to jam in at once when the section opens. I'm guessing it will be a stay out all night on line kind of situation to get in.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #2335
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzman View Post
I came over to IOA this morning and arrived at opening, hoping for a soft opening. When we got to the Potter stuff, about 25-50 of us gathered at one time. I imagine much more than hundreds of people trying to jam in at once when the section opens. I'm guessing it will be a stay out all night on line kind of situation to get in.
Stay out all night in line? Ugh. I'm hoping that things don't get totally out of control.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #2336
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Stay out all night in line?
At least until the park closes anyway.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #2337
TIGGERGUY
Mouseketeer

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but Dueling Dragons now has the WWOHP music playing throughout the ride. The music is specific to that ride, not the main Harry Potter theme. Security is very heavy throughout the walk to the ride to keep people from taking a sneak peak.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #2338
rjvose17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzman View Post

So did you get in? I am here in Orlando this week, but I am worried about showing up and not getting at least to shop. Any advice?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #2339
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Skywalker View Post
I bought a Pigmy Puff and a sneak-o-scope for my girls. As well as Ton Tongue toffee - which was delicious! Bertie Botts every flavor beans, Honeyduke's salt water taffy (also surprisingly good), and dark chocolate peppermint toads.
Could you tell us how much they cost so we get an idea how much we need to bring.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #2340
kmc
not all who wander are lost....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubtrock View Post
I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.
that's terribly disappointing--from all of the press thats been out up until now made it seem like it was an oppurtunity for all--now only one or two per group i undersatnd why because of time and crowds but then I think in the adverisement it should of stated something like "you may be the lucky one in which a wand will choose you" because eveyone in my family was super excited about this experience---i would even prefer they charge for the experience just to gurantee it.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: