Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #2311
Disney_Lover06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
Really? I thought their April Fool's joke was saying that Deathly Hallows would be in 3 parts instead of 2.
They had three April Fools jokes. The jokes were announcing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be split into three parts, JK Rowling is writing a prequel to the prequel, and the last one was expanding WWHP with experiences like getting to spend a hour as a House Elf.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #2312
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

hahaha woooooow, I feel like a fool. LOL! And yeah, I went and searched all the news of Wizarding World on their site and couldn't find it. DARN THEM!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #2313
BuckeyeGuy28
"Why So Serious"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Are you sure about that 7 hour line? Where in the world did you hear that? SCAREY. I can't wait to see it, but are you sure you got reliable information? That sounds insane...... I hope it is never that long when we're there!
im pretty sure its accurate, i got it from an executive's daughter. Apparently there will be some kind of entertainment because the line is expected to be so ridiculous
Old 05-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #2314
disneyismyname
DIS Veteran

Well...an update of sorts. My brother, who goes back to work this Monday, mention that his plant will probably be on shutdown (no work) a week after we are suppose to be going!grr..

So if you've read my previous post..my mother said she would step in and take my brothers place to go to the Opening day and the couple days afterward. I was fine with that...even though my mom has no "love" for Harry Potter. I was telling her about the every flavor jelly beans and the flavors we will be able to taste....she didnt seem interested.
So I had an idea when my bro mentioned shutdown....The reason I was kinda wanted to go opening day was to hopefully meet the cast and J.K. But I ask my brother and myself really, "what is more important? the celebs or the Harry Potter experience?" We picked the latter. I would rather push back the vacation in order to have another Potterholic with me...instead of my mother **don't worry about her...she agreed with me

My hope is that he can get the definite okay about the days of shutdown and I hope my travel insurance and AAA will be okay with this.....
Old 05-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #2315
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGerry View Post
I wonder if a Harry Potter themed resort is in the works. They have that parcel of land across the street?

I wonder if they will utilize two or three entrances/ exits to WWoHP island? Three would be nice
what would be nice is a resort!

they could easily put the street UNDER the expansion in a tunnel if they don't reroute it.

there are also many of those buildings behind dragons & universal that could be moved out of the way.

I am really excited, but i have yet to even read the books! & have only seen the 1st movie.

at least when we go, in the winter we could get away with the robes & such to wear for warmth! at least a cloak would be great now to cover up in the rain storms & not look out of place.

I really am worried , like a lot of people, that the stores are not going to be big enough for the crowds!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #2316
crmom7054
Mouseketeer

New Video I just got via e-mail from Universal. Similar to what was posted by the Orlando News station:

http://www.universalorlando.com/harr...&ptyid=1469681

Angie

(me), (DH), (DS-8), (DD-6)

5/07-Offsite, 9/08-POP, 2/09-POFQ, 1/10-CBR, 5/10 Loews Royal Pacific, 1/11-SSR, AKV, 1/12-BWV, BLT
Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #2317
HufflepuffMudblood
Entranced and Enchanted by Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
I am so excited about the information on prices and what is available to purchase. This was a big anxiety for myself. I want to make sure we have enough money to buy what we really want and it sounds like we will be able to purchase suveniers for our family members.

I haven't been passing on the spoiler info to my children. I want them Excited and unsuspecting of the magical elements. If I couldn't chat here I might have spilled it all to them.

The kids want to dress up but I cannot find the Beautaux (not spelled right) costume anywhere for my youngest. My son wants to dress up as a death eatter but I explained it is usually against the "Law" at most amusement parks to wear a mask. He isn't a toddler. My eldest daughter just wants to wear a robe with the tie, white shirt and some shorts.

Then the discussion gets funny...they want ME to dress up! HA! I am fine in my regular summer attire and much to old to play dress up. I would feel funny about it. So I tell the children wearing all black or green velvet like McGonagall would wipe me out and we would have to retire much to early. They suggest I dress up in pretty pink like Umbridge!! I laugh and say all the kids in line will hate me or throw fireworks at me. Then my son says - You have dark hair like Bellatrix! You could Be Her! Me? One of the Evil bad guys?! Then I say that's just what we need, Mum getting beat to a pulp by hundreds of little Potter fans yelling "You KILLED Sirius Black!!" So Not going to happen.
I just about died laughing reading this. I'm so looking foreward to this!!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #2318
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

From the Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com

Universal Orlando Resort's Photos - Celebrity Visits

Harry Potter film stars Emma Watson, Robbie Coltrane, James and Oliver Phelps and Matthew Lewis are delighted by a window display at Honeydukes at Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The sweetshop brings to life mouth-watering treats and candies from the popular books and films. During their sneak peek tour, the group was joined by Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opens June 18

Harry Potter film stars Emma Watson, Robbie Coltrane, James and Oliver Phelps and Matthew Lewis got a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The group was invited by Universal Orlando Resort for a first-look at the immersive environment. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter grand opens June 18

Matthew Lewis, Oliver Phelps, Robbie Coltrane, Emma Watson and James Phelps, stars from the Harry Potter films, were joined by Thierry Coup, Vice President of Universal Creative and Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, during their sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter film stars Emma Watson, James Phelps, Matthew Lewis and Oliver Phelps toured Hogsmeade before venturing into Hogwarts castle during their sneak peek of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—which grand opens June 18.

© 2010 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s10)

Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #2319
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Bryan, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
if you're in front of your tv local 6 is going to show footage from the gangs visit today

just saw a clip of emma drinking butter beer with a foam mustache lol

wesh already has video on their site

http://www.wesh.com/video/23625196/index.html

would love if one of our news peeps could get the unedited footage and post it. looks like it was shot by universal and released to the media

Quote:

emma
Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #2320
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kitfisto92, Felipe, Bryan, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfisto92

And for those of you who haven't kept up with emma watson, I'll just drop this here...

Anywho, I'm glad to actually see for my own eyes [in a sense] that people [other than universal folk] have ridden on FJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe

Emma's SO gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
You might like these better

I wonder if the stars are all gradually coming to Orlando so they'll be here for a media event, but we're still a LONG way from any date near June 18th... hmm... :shrug: maybe they were here today to do this promotional stuff, then they'll leave and return for the grand opening celebration?

Quote:

not a picture but a screencap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumboshrmp
And another. I slightly messed with the levels to make it brighter and more contrasty.

Quote:
hogwarts

Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #2321
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGerry View Post
I did enjoy a nice cold Butterbeer while watching the Hogwart's frog choir--who were very good
Gah, I want another frozen butterbeer now! So tasty!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleybea View Post
Question: Does butterbeer come in a souviner mug or a plastic one?
Everyone I know paid for the collectible/refillable stein.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #2322
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
Gah, I want another frozen butterbeer now! So tasty!!!!

Everyone I know paid for the collectible/refillable stein.
How much was it????
Old 05-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #2323
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Question for those who have already been in Hogsmeade (TMs!!!!)

Since I probably won't get to experience my wand choosing me first hand due to crowds, I have a question about how they display our wand choices.

Firstly, for those that don't follow Orlando United, (and I don't think we've discussed this much here), TM previewers are reporting that small groups of about 25 are being let into Olivanders at a time, but only one or maybe two people in the group will actually get to "play" the role of wand buyer and have the interactive experience with wrong wand choices and then finally the wand choosing them. [No, we don't know if that's the way it will definitely happen come opening day, but due to crowds, it's highly likely. And yes, all die hard HP fans should be upset by this as it is different than what they were originally promoting, so you should write an email to Univ. and tell them you're disappointed that this might be the way they do things. I'm not thrilled by this new development, but not surprised either, cause how else can they get 1000s of people thru each day. I agree with some that you should be able to pay for the chance to be the "chosen one" and have the price include your wand (kind of like Bibbity Bobbity Boutique or similar). But unfortunately Imperio is an Unforgivable Curse, so I can't make them do that. And I certainly can't take the experience away from some cute kid just because I'm a bigger nerd than they are, so I just have to live with it, and have my camera ready to catch the cool "show" anyway.]

But back to the question. I've heard the wands are in Owl Post to buy. Do they have a display of what each wand looks like so you can pick the one you like best? I may know every detail of the Noble and movie wands, but these Olivander ones are supposed to be new designs. Is there a display of actual wands? Can you touch them? Just a poster/picture? How's the set up?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #2324
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

I'd like to know more specifics on items that are being sold. I know wands and candy and robes...but anything really cool!? I thought I read somewhere that they're selling a Quibbler? Or did I fall for another April Fool's joke again?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #2325
nodoubtrock
Mouseketeer

I heard about how only one or two people per group are getting to choose their wands so I asked employees about it and they confirmed that is how it will work for the public.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: