Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #2296
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by planogirl View Post
i kind of hope it won't be quite that flippy but who knows? Has there been a mention of height requirements?
48"
Old 05-21-2010, 05:02 AM   #2297
xxxxvickyxxxx
Earning My Ears

Anyone know the chances of a soft opening from Monday to public?
We dont even mind not riding but would like to walk round and shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #2298
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
I had the misfortune of having an onion jellybean.

And yet, I loved it...

I want to add on to this, about how much absolute enjoyment I had, but am resisting. I am resisting telling how much I liked butter beer and pumpkin juice, or my positive thoughts on hippogriff and whatnot....
Agreed--it is like opening presents Christmas morning but with no photography or not able to tell your friends.

And it is funny since so many things you want to take pics of but you know you can't. I like the the display windows outside all the Hogsmeade's stores--esp the chocolate frog one.

BTDT: CSR, POFQ, Y&BC, WL, POR, SSR, CBR, GF, BWV, OKW, HH, and DCL.

Also, AP, DVC, CCL, D23, & Tables in Wonderland.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #2299
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

I did enjoy a nice cold Butterbeer while watching the Hogwart's frog choir--who were very good

Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #2300
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I kind of hope it won't be quite that flippy but who knows? Has there been a mention of height requirements?
I think it was posted earlier that FJ would not go upside down, but that might have been speculation. I know for Sum of All Thrills in Epcot, you have to be 48 inches to ride but 54 inches to add any upside down elements. FJ's height requirement of 48 inches suggests to me that it won't go upside down. Could be wrong, though.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 05-21-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #2301
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxvickyxxxx View Post
Anyone know the chances of a soft opening from Monday to public?
We dont even mind not riding but would like to walk round and shop
Now that there's video of the movie's cast riding the ride, anything's possible, but I'd be more likely to think that soft openings won't start until end of next week and align more closely with the package dates. I'd love if it was sooner though!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #2302
ICEMAN2
Earning My Ears

Extremely excited for this, but just not sure why Universal did not utilize the whole Lost Continent. The crowds will be enormous. I can only hope that one year from now they are announcing Phase 2 which would swallow all of the Lost Continent...
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #2303
disneyfan67

Diehard Cowboy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN2 View Post
Extremely excited for this, but just not sure why Universal did not utilize the whole Lost Continent. The crowds will be enormous. I can only hope that one year from now they are announcing Phase 2 which would swallow all of the Lost Continent...

I agree and the powers that be should have just swallowed the whole Lost Continent up and made the entire area Potter. It just doesn't make sense to have just that little area left and I hope they do announce a Potter phase 2 in the near future.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #2304
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

I thought I already heard about expansion on Harry Potter for like 2012/2013. I think I read this on mugglenet. They want to have a ride like Tower of Terror, but it'll be based around Half-Blood Prince and Dumbledore falling off the tower....and it will take the riders to the sort of limbo existance that Harry found himself in at the end of Deathly Hallows at King's Cross. Kinda morbid...

I think it said they also want to add 2 other rides if my memory serves me correctly. With this expansion, they'd DEFINITELY need more land.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #2305
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Today i was at first day of Star Wars the weekend and the SW specific sites were all crowded. Someone said he was there at 3a just to get SW FP's and they were all gone when i got there.

I waited in line over 2 hrs just for the exclusive pins. And they have room since stuff all over the park--what will lines look like in just one island? Plus much hotter than today?

Old 05-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #2306
DisneyGerry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLPClarinet View Post
I thought I already heard about expansion on Harry Potter for like 2012/2013. I think I read this on mugglenet. They want to have a ride like Tower of Terror, but it'll be based around Half-Blood Prince and Dumbledore falling off the tower....and it will take the riders to the sort of limbo existance that Harry found himself in at the end of Deathly Hallows at King's Cross. Kinda morbid...

I think it said they also want to add 2 other rides if my memory serves me correctly. With this expansion, they'd DEFINITELY need more land.
I wonder if a Harry Potter themed resort is in the works. They have that parcel of land across the street?

I wonder if they will utilize two or three entrances/ exits to WWoHP island? Three would be nice

Old 05-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #2307
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

I prefer that some of The Lost Continent would remain, otherwise, my beloved Mythos restaurant would be renamed and remodelled, if not outright demolished and replaced.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #2308
Disney_Lover06
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This was mugglenet's April fools joke. Universal hasn't said anything about actually expanding WWHP.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #2309
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

Really? I thought their April Fool's joke was saying that Deathly Hallows would be in 3 parts instead of 2.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #2310
ashleybea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? I thought their April Fool's joke was saying that Deathly Hallows would be in 3 parts instead of 2.
Mugglenet had multiple April fools jokes this year. I believe they had the one about the expansion, the deathly hallows one and there was one or two more but I forget.

Question: Does butterbeer come in a souviner mug or a plastic one?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: