Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #2221
MrBryan
Mouseketeer

As long as ur not wearing a mask then costumes are just clothes and you are allowed to wear clothes
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #2222
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
That's a good point...are costumes going to be allowed? I saw this on another board and no one knew the official answer.

I'm going to say no...Universal doesn't allow costumes but they MAY make exceptions for WWoHP.

Has anyone heard what the official answer is?
Someone reported that there are already people walking around dressed as wizards. I don't mind my children dressing up at all. It has been my experience the majority of Amusement Parks forbid masks as they conseal the identity of the person. It is a safety risk. What if someone's child walks away with someone who looks like they are "part of the park" but they are not? Or someone is hurt by someone in a mask. It just makes sense not to have people in masks when there is usually a large mass of people.
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #2223
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria3 View Post
so article also confirmed no sodas in wizarding world.
hmmm

I expect a bunch of complaints, since there are probably many kids(& adults) who would prefer
soda over the flavor of butterbeer with their lunch.
also the people who buy the unlimited refill cups of soda in the parks. guess you have to pick them up at the borders! & then will they tell you you can't come in with them?
if I am gonna eat lunch IN WWoHP with family I will need a sugar free type beverage (diabetic) , what would they offer besides water?

people are gonna buy a ton load of stuff there, why ban soda? HAD to be from JKR to keep people immersed in the world? but couldn't they just call it some other name in there? um guess not, coke people would probably have a hissy fit too.

does this disturb anyone else?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #2224
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post
hmmm

I expect a bunch of complaints, since there are probably many kids(& adults) who would prefer
also the people who buy the unlimited refill cups of soda in the parks. guess you have to pick them up at the borders! & then will they tell you you can't come in with them?
if I am gonna eat lunch IN WWoHP with family I will need a sugar free type beverage (diabetic) , what would they offer besides water?

people are gonna buy a ton load of stuff there, why ban soda? HAD to be from JKR to keep people immersed in the world? but couldn't they just call it some other name in there? um guess not, coke people would probably have a hissy fit too.

There was a list of stuff like lemonade and fruit drinks that you could have as well as water. You'll be able to bring your drinks in from outside if you like.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #2225
NUHuskies#1
My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it means! I don't know what it means!

OMG! I hope I wasn't sucked into to buying an early package and all Im going get to do is walk around!

Waiting for the bus at Animal Kingdom
Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #2226
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post
hmmm

No, because the Wizarding World is only a tiny part of a much larger park. Just walk a few meters in any direction and you'll be outside the Wizarding World and able to buy yourself a soda.

Soda's not "banned" - it's just not sold in one particular eatery at the park. Given there's dozens of other places where it IS sold, I don't think it's going to be a huge issue. Especially since you can certainly bring it in with you - once the temporary gates come down the Wizarding World area will be wide open to everyone.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #2227
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUHuskies#1 View Post
OMG! I hope I wasn't sucked into to buying an early package and all Im going get to do is walk around!
Sounds like you are going to be just fine.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #2228
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

Ok, so I've spent the better part of the day catching up on Orlando United about the Pow Wow event Monday night for the travel buyers. I'm bringing you links to some of the better reports for the evening:

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/smile/follow.cfm watch the video of them, they are soooo excited about it. It will make you smile.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2010/05/18/...endees-part-1/
There's a part one and a part two to the Disney Blog, (link for pt 2 at bottom of pt 1)

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/entert...ent&dm=ss&tn=b
This is great except they've confused Merlin with Dumbledore - muggles

Also, apparently Virgin Atlantic Airlines was having a party at Hard Rock at UO and included in the group were the Phelps twins (Fred and George), Richard Branson (Virgin owner) and Matt Lewis (Neville). No idea why they are there as well. Lots of cameras were set up this weekend filming (theories include new commercial, NBC behind the scenes, etc., also evidence of still photography). No idea if actors were part of filming. However, do you guys remember when we still didn't have a grand opening date yet, but all the actors were talking about coming to the park in May, and the hotels were all booked out for this past weekend. I thought before that maybe it was a sign that the Grand Opening was supposed to originally be mid May ish, but then it looked like they might have just been booked out for the travel agents convention. But now, I'm wondering if it actually was supposed to be during this week originally, and since many of the actors already had the dates confirmed to be here, Univ. just decided to go ahead and have them come out for other things, like promo filming or what have you. Just a theory.

Edited to add: apparently Hagrid is at Hard Rock too!! woo hoo
Old 05-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #2229
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

I was in the WWoHP this weekend as media for the DIS as part of Pow Wow. I was tweeting from inside WWoHP. I got inside 2x actually. First time on Sunday afternoon as part of a media tour of 30. I had what almost amounts to a personal tour from creative director Alan Gilmore. He was also the art director for the films. I was also there for Monday night's Pow Wow party where we could ride the Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff. I talk all about it on this week's DIS Unplugged podcast released today.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #2230
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

Great to hear! Did they give you a reason for not being able to ride FJ?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #2231
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire-Bear;
Great to hear! Did they give you a reason for not being able to ride FJ?
They just said, "we have to save some surprises for the opening."

I plan on getting a blog up with my thoughts and experiences too, but it will have to wait until after I'm back from Orlando.

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #2232
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

I hear the people in the Pow Wow have been getting all kinds of perks..I am soooo jealous..

As for the Virgin Atlantic stuff...I am hoping to catch a ground level view of the new plane they got with the logo..luckily being at the airport, I can see it right at the gate...I did see it land yesterday as I was going home...

As for the stars being in town...AWESOME..I know they all flew in with the president of Virgin on his planes..thats how he gets here..I will have to look for them when they leave..the Pow Wow ends today, so they should be out of here in the next day or 2..

Old 05-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #2233
Claire-Bear
DIS Veteran

Be interesting to read your blog once you've written up on your experience :

We're flying with Virgin to Orlando for our trip on June 18th. Wonder if we'll get that plane
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #2234
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeToLove View Post
http://thedisneyblog.com/2010/05/18/...endees-part-1/
There's a part one and a part two to the Disney Blog, (link for pt 2 at bottom of pt 1)

this one confirms water being sold and an EP line.

altho mentions no Moaning Myrtle, he should read here to find out Myrtle is indeed there and in the bathroom

One thing most articles are saying is that shops are small. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic Sadly, I will be in those crowds shopping w/ my niece who will be with us....babysitting her heart out earning $ to spend there
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #2235
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
One thing most articles are saying is that shops are small. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic Sadly, I will be in those crowds shopping w/ my niece who will be with us....babysitting her heart out earning $ to spend there
I see Olvanders holds 25 comfortably. Has anyone ever seen a line at the theme parks to get into a shop?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: