Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #2176
DustGlitterVapor
Earning My Ears

When I saw those pictures of the Honeydukes treats, I squealed with happiness. I'm so impressed with how Universal is really paying attention to all the details, all of the preview pictures I've seen look fantastic. I'm so glad they're going all-out with this and not doing it half-heartedly.

My wallet, however, is squealing in terror! Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of things "for the kids."
Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #2177
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustGlitterVapor View Post
When I saw those pictures of the Honeydukes treats, I squealed with happiness. I'm so impressed with how Universal is really paying attention to all the details, all of the preview pictures I've seen look fantastic. I'm so glad they're going all-out with this and not doing it half-heartedly.

My wallet, however, is squealing in terror! Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of things "for the kids."
That is how Universal does it. I think a lot of people who usually go to Disney who are going to come to see Harry Potter (and the rest of the park) are going to be quite surprised by themeing details.

We have yet to be dissappointed.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #2178
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
That is how Universal does it. I think a lot of people who usually go to Disney who are going to come to see Harry Potter (and the rest of the park) are going to be quite surprised by themeing details.

We have yet to be dissappointed.

I tend to agree with your post!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #2179
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustGlitterVapor View Post

Our vacation at Universal starts June 17th and ends June 20th. I am too thinking about what sort of budget will be required. I plan to make this the trip of a life time as a birthday present for my three children. I want to purchase the "wand that chooses you" for each of them and I am expecting that to run around $40 as the most expensive wands for sale on WB website is $39.50. I purchased one for my eldest daughter for her Christmas last year.

I want to purchase the wands in the park in hopes that it does some sort of interaction with the park. "Wand accessories will be availabel at Dervish and Banges, and Universal is looking into getting the wands to interact with other parts Hogsmeade." I think this quote was from Mugglenetdotcom.

Wonder what "wand accessories" are?

I am getting more and more excited about the opening each day it comes closer.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #2180
Poly-Anna
Mouseketeer

Metro West - Onsite guests booked before 3/25 also

Metro West - actually if you have room only reservations at the Universal hotels that were booked before 3/25 for May 28 through 6/17 you are allowed a preview also. It's not just for packages booked. Trust me, I've had this confirmed many times since we will be there then.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #2181
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Colleendoll;36681013]Our vacation at Universal starts June 17th and ends June 20th. I am too thinking about what sort of budget will be required. I plan to make this the trip of a life time as a birthday present for my three children. I want to purchase the "wand that chooses you" for each of them and I am expecting that to run around $40 as the most expensive wands for sale on WB website is $39.50. I purchased one for my eldest daughter for her Christmas last year.

I read ( on Universal United, I think ) that some wands will cost much, much more than anything on WB. These are made only for Universal. Some will run you $100.00!! It will be VERY HARD to say no to a child when "the wand picks the person" . I hope the bargain basement wand picks my kids. $100.00? OUCH!!!!!

((Though a smart, smart move on Universal ..I can't imagine the money they are going to make when all of the Susies and Jimmys HAVE to have THAT wand))
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #2182
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverdude View Post
Over on orlandounited, they're talking about the TM previews to not include the new ride, the Forbidden Journey. Making me nervous!

Someone there on UnitedOrlando ( with insider info, IMHO ) has said that FJ will not run with guests on it until the packages start.

During my last ( #10 ) call to Universal the guest service person said that I will ride FJ barring any tech issues. I guess I will find out soon enough...May 30, that is.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #2183
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Virgin Atlantic Airways jet now features the Wizarding World of Harry Potter logo

You won’t need a Firebolt broomstick to take to the Wizarding World skies as Virgin Atlantic Airways in London has premiered a Boeing 747-443 sporting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter logo in promotion of the upcoming June 18 grand opening at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.

Rumors have pointed to Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Atlantic Airways, appearing within the Wizarding World along with other celebrities as soon as this week to begin promoting the theme park addition.

Source: http://www.insidethemagic.net

Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #2184
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly-Anna View Post
Metro West - actually if you have room only reservations at the Universal hotels that were booked before 3/25 for May 28 through 6/17 you are allowed a preview also. It's not just for packages booked. Trust me, I've had this confirmed many times since we will be there then.
Ummmm...OK...if you say so. As I've stated many times before...so many things have been said to so many different people that it's hard to know what's going to happen.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #2185
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Does anyone know if FJ has a single rider line? Just a random question since I use single rider lines a lot in Universal.

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #2186
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
Does anyone know if FJ has a single rider line? Just a random question since I use single rider lines a lot in Universal.
That's a good question...I haven't seen anyone ask that on here. I'm not sure what they are going to have but I wouldn't be surprised if one is added some time in the future...if there isn't one now.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #2187
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
I've heard that there is one.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #2188
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly-Anna View Post
I was told the same thing. I wish I had purchased my hotel room in February when I purchased my tickets. Since I didn't purchase my hotel room until after March 25th we wont be at the Preview Oh well, at least we get in the park an hour before it opens on June 18th
Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #2189
lildamo
Mouseketeer

A couple of things people have posted on Twitter from tonight's Pow Wow event:

fang is barking from hagrid's hut

2 wands didn't work at first. Tried to cast a spell to levitate flowers and move a ladder then the music swelled and lights came up
There was wind in the shop and then my hazel wand with a Phoenix tail inside it chose me! Amazing!

I rode a Hippogriff trainer, and saw Buckbeak!

Butter beer tastes like a mild rootbeer mixed with butterscotch. With a VERY foamy head.

Just sent out some post at the Owlry. There are 4 different types of HP stamps to send. It's pretty cramped in there!

The line for Dragons Challenge: enter in the champions tent then u see the triward tournament cup
Then you see the tournament eggs (don't remember exact names of these)
Next: a hall full of floating candles
The rest is very similar to Dueling Dragons. You chose from chinease fireball or Hungarian horntail.
In the station there are shadows of dragons fighting projected onto the tent above you

Frog choir fills the streets with 'toil and trouble' wearing different houses outfits...live music with puppets

As you pass the stores in Hogsmed you can stop at all the interactive store fronts. From the magic quill to plants coming to life

Wowed by flight of the hippogriff! Life size hippogriff you bow to so you can ride...it's moving and sitting in a nest. Very cool

Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #2190
CLPClarinet
My heart belongs to Severus Snape

sweeeeeeet! Thanks for posting! Sounds awesome!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: