Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #2146
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie

that's all for now...
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #2147
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Employee previews have been announced to start this week. Hopefully that means general public softs are soon!

Yay for new info to be coming out!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #2148
Disney_Lover06
Mouseketeer

I booked my trip before the grand opening was announced satying on-site. Since I booked before, we don't have the WWOHP package. Would I have access 30 minutes prior to park opening on the day of the Grand Opening? Or is it just WWOHP package people who do?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #2149
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Lover06 View Post
I booked my trip before the grand opening was announced satying on-site. Since I booked before, we don't have the WWOHP package. Would I have access 30 minutes prior to park opening on the day of the Grand Opening? Or is it just WWOHP package people who do?
Supposedly it's only for the people who booked the packages. But so many different things have been said it's hard to know anymore.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #2150
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Lover06 View Post
I bought our tickets in February but didn't get a hotel room until later. When I spoke to Guest Services yesterday they said IF I had booked my hotel by March 25th then I would have been entitled to a Preview of the WWOHP before the Grand Opening day. Also, Guest Services and the hotel reservations personnel said as a hotel guest my children and I will get in to the park an hour prior to park opening. I noticed on the brochure for the package (WWOHP) it does say half an hour before park opens.

From what they said it looks like you could get in to the WWOHP prior to June 18th for a preview. They also said the preview will allow you to walk about the WWOHP but there is no guarantee everything will be open and operational.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #2151
Cielei
Up to my ears

hmm .. if employee previews are finally being announced as starting, do you suppose any info about FJ will leak out? Well, more than we already know or confirm some of the speculation.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #2152
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
I bought our tickets in February but didn't get a hotel room until later. When I spoke to Guest Services yesterday they said IF I had booked my hotel by March 25th then I would have been entitled to a Preview of the WWOHP before the Grand Opening day. Also, Guest Services and the hotel reservations personnel said as a hotel guest my children and I will get in to the park an hour prior to park opening. I noticed on the brochure for the package (WWOHP) it does say half an hour before park opens.

From what they said it looks like you could get in to the WWOHP prior to June 18th for a preview. They also said the preview will allow you to walk about the WWOHP but there is no guarantee everything will be open and operational.

Hope this helps.
If you book a room only, do you still get the one hour early entry? I understood it to be that you get the one hour early entry on packages and 30 minutes on room only.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #2153
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielei View Post
hmm .. if employee previews are finally being announced as starting, do you suppose any info about FJ will leak out? Well, more than we already know or confirm some of the speculation.
I think so.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #2154
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
If you book a room only, do you still get the one hour early entry? I understood it to be that you get the one hour early entry on packages and 30 minutes on room only.
Guest Services and the hotel reservations personnel both told me that since we are on site guests we will be allowed in the park 1 hr early on the day of the Grand Opening. I did mention to them what I read in the fine print of the WWOHP brochure stating the package included entry 30 minutes early on the day of the Grand Opening. They were both surprised and again said we would have access 1 hr prior to the park opening.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #2155
Rags
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Employee previews have been announced to start this week. Hopefully that means general public softs are soon!

Yay for new info to be coming out!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #2156
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
Guest Services and the hotel reservations personnel both told me that since we are on site guests we will be allowed in the park 1 hr early on the day of the Grand Opening. I did mention to them what I read in the fine print of the WWOHP brochure stating the package included entry 30 minutes early on the day of the Grand Opening. They were both surprised and again said we would have access 1 hr prior to the park opening.
Thanks!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #2157
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielei View Post
I hope not...Universal has kept this secret and I hope it's kept quiet until opening day.

Last edited by Metro West; 05-15-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #2158
glocon
DIS Veteran

EMPLOYEE PREVIEWS!!!!!???? WHEN???? Finally!!! Are you sure?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #2159
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
EMPLOYEE PREVIEWS!!!!!???? WHEN???? Finally!!! Are you sure?
Ticket distribution for TMs begin next week so it won't be long now. I hope the Passholder preview is soon too.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #2160
Dollyrar
DIS Veteran

Talking

I have just seen photos of some of the honeydukes sweets that are going to be on sale at WWOHP, on the Orlando United Harry Potter thread. Not sure if I'm allowed to link, so all I will say for now is.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to be spending so much money on my next trip!!!
Past Trips - Once in 94. Twice in 95. April 08, 3 weeks in Florida (offsite - Extended Stay Lake Buena Vista). August 08, 4 days in DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe). December 08, 4 days in DLRP (Cheyenne). May 09, 5 days in DLRP (Disneyland Hotel ). August 09, 7 days in DLRP (DCR) / October 01-17 2010 Florida (Villa) Future Trips Hoping for October 2012
My PS3 & XBOX360 gamertag is amityboattours. Add me!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: