Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #2101
AlexJB
Earning My Ears
 
AlexJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 74

I think we should all make the most of these WWoHP pics with nobody in them, as once it open I doubt we'll see it again for the foreseeable future!
__________________
AlexJB is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #2102
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 906

Courtesy of BBPH, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBPH
Just a few things

Don Pacho is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #2103
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?
 
Dax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Davenport,Fl
Posts: 4,580

I work with someone who has a child who will be working at WWoHP...I know for a fact that there has been a "soft" opening...but it was employee only...and only WWoHP employees...they split the workers in half, and half worked, half guests, then switched...

From what I have heard, its looking to be a LOT of fun

Sometidbits

-No Coke or soda will be sold in WWoHP...only Butterbear and other special drinks

-The food at 3 Broomsticks is said to be AWESOME...and decent size portions to boot.

- The merchandise being sold will be VERY VERY nice, not cheap stuff
__________________

Dax is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #2104
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
I work with someone who has a child who will be working at WWoHP...I know for a fact that there has been a "soft" opening...but it was employee only...and only WWoHP employees...they split the workers in half, and half worked, half guests, then switched...

From what I have heard, its looking to be a LOT of fun

Sometidbits

-No Coke or soda will be sold in WWoHP...only Butterbear and other special drinks

-The food at 3 Broomsticks is said to be AWESOME...and decent size portions to boot.

- The merchandise being sold will be VERY VERY nice, not cheap stuff
They must have had them sign their souls away because not one leak of any employee preview has come out --- for Forbidden Journey I mean.

Last edited by damo; 05-12-2010 at 10:00 PM.
damo is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #2105
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie
 
Colleendoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
They must have had them sign their souls away because not one leak of any employee preview has come out.
Given that Butterbeer, frozen or in a glass and pumkin juice is available most will do like me. Bring water for the heat and make sure myself and children get a drink of each!

I need water to sustain the heat and humidity in FL. I have never read of an employee preview but have seen on other webs a review of the drinks and foods offered in WWOHP. Mugglenetdotcom is one.

I hope the employee visits are some sort of glimmer that we will see the WWOHP on opening day as on site guests.
__________________
Colleendoll is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #2106
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?
 
Dax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Davenport,Fl
Posts: 4,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
They must have had them sign their souls away because not one leak of any employee preview has come out --- for Forbidden Journey I mean.

They have already ridden the ride, and yes, they are under a HUGE amount of secrecy...Universal is taking NO CHANCES...I know they 150+ workers have all received some cool HP perks and gifts...all individually numbered, and the numbers are assigned to a individual person, so if the stuff ends up on ebay, they know who posted it..LOL..

I also have heard the costumes are very authentic...made by the costume woman who did the movies....right down to being made of WOOL!!! OMG those kids are gonna ROAST

The employee previews happened after park close, so there were no guests around to be nosy...I belive IoA is closing around 5 or 6 right now...
__________________

Dax is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #2107
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 28,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
They have already ridden the ride, and yes, they are under a HUGE amount of secrecy...Universal is taking NO CHANCES...I know they 150+ workers have all received some cool HP perks and gifts...all individually numbered, and the numbers are assigned to a individual person, so if the stuff ends up on ebay, they know who posted it..LOL..

I also have heard the costumes are very authentic...made by the costume woman who did the movies....right down to being made of WOOL!!! OMG those kids are gonna ROAST

The employee previews happened after park close, so there were no guests around to be nosy...I belive IoA is closing around 5 or 6 right now...
Thanks! It is so good to hear that things are progressing well even though we don't hear about every little detail.
damo is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #2108
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,323
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
The employee previews happened after park close, so there were no guests around to be nosy...I belive IoA is closing around 5 or 6 right now...
I sincerely hope this is what they do for the Passholder preview too...just like when RoTM opened in 2004. I have my doubts though.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #2109
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?
 
Dax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Davenport,Fl
Posts: 4,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I sincerely hope this is what they do for the Passholder preview too...just like when RoTM opened in 2004. I have my doubts though.

Is there word on a Passholder preview? I have heard nothing so far
__________________

Dax is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #2110
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,323
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Is there word on a Passholder preview? I have heard nothing so far
I haven't heard squat either.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #2111
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 906

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhead
Signs inside of DC queue:





Smoke:























Definitely an ODV Cart:



She is just sitting in FJ's queue:



Look out, Wet Paint!









What's up with the last car?



Don Pacho is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #2112
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank
 
Don Pacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 906

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhead
Here are a few more that I chose not to put in the first batch:



And you think the girl was giving me the stink eye, what about this guy:





Don Pacho is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #2113
glocon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,231

Smile

THANX FOR THE PICTURES!!!!!! So who do you think all the people in the WWoHP were? And why did they look bored?
glocon is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #2114
BuckeyeGuy28
"Why So Serious"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 259

just some info on the forbidden journey:

the queue line is built to hold four hours' worth of people...


...but that does not include the three hour extender they can open

And Universal expects them to fill that line. So 7 hours worth of people's day is gonna go into this ride. I just thought that was kinda crazy
BuckeyeGuy28 is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #2115
AlexJB
Earning My Ears
 
AlexJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Posts: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGuy28 View Post
just some info on the forbidden journey:

the queue line is built to hold four hours' worth of people...


...but that does not include the three hour extender they can open

And Universal expects them to fill that line. So 7 hours worth of people's day is gonna go into this ride. I just thought that was kinda crazy
7 hour queue!? Intense!
__________________
AlexJB is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report! mickeystoontown Completed Trip Reports 1737 09-02-2009 04:20 PM
I want to tell the world about WISH -- or at least NC getnthinr Events/Competition 53 08-05-2009 12:16 PM
REAL WORLD watchers....they're moving in!!! MomNeedsVacay Community Board 9 07-03-2009 03:20 PM
Walt disney world annual passes daryle330 Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 07-02-2009 07:19 PM
Saying Hello in World Showcase and other questions Christopher Robin Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 07-02-2009 06:29 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: