Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #2071
MadeToLove
The Ultimate Potterholic

The Universal website just released a few nuggets of information about WWoHP for us Potterholics to devour. Nothing that answers any of our questions. Just some interviews with Alan Gilmore about the design.

Question and Answer here: http://media.universalorlando.com/ha...news.php?id=22

Video interview here: http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotternews/
Old 05-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #2072
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

NBC announced on June 6th from 7-7:30 pm it will broadcast 'the Making of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter"

My boys & I can't wait..gotta go set my DVR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #2073
glocon
DIS Veteran

We will be there during that time. I would have loved to see the show before we left, but being there is even better! Here's hoping for soft openings in the very near future.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #2074
Lucky4me
****!

This waiting on the grand opening is just draaaaaaaging on and on and on.
I don't think I've ever been so impatient for a review of a ride in a theme park, ever.
And I won't even get to see it until November.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #2075
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky4me View Post
This waiting on the grand opening is just draaaaaaaging on and on and on.
I don't think I've ever been so impatient for a review of a ride in a theme park, ever.
And I won't even get to see it until November.
I'm going to guess that prior to June 18th there will be a ton of youtube video out there of the ride. Many fans will be shooting video during the soft openings.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #2076
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
Oh, by the way, Screamscape is reporting that there's a new video update from the WWoHP on youtube (from 5/3/2010). Voila:

Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #2077
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
Love the photos. I have been wondering where the entrace to the WWoHP is. I have never been to Universal Orlando before so hearing it is near the Lost Contenent didn't help me. Pictures help :-)
This is the main entrance and the end of The Lost Continent. There is another entrance thru Jurassic park but the experience won't be the same.
Once WWoHP opens, I think they will dismantle the temporary bridge beween Lost Continent and Jurassic Park

Old 05-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #2078
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
I'm going to guess that prior to June 18th there will be a ton of youtube video out there of the ride. Many fans will be shooting video during the soft openings.
Only a fool who wants to risk:
1)losing their camera/phone/whatever
2)meeting security at the end of the ride who will make them delete the video
3)having their ride/video interrupted by spiels saying "viedotaping is PROHIBITED" at several points in the ride
4)having their video pulled from youtube and their account/IP banned from youtube
5)any combination of the above or any other possibility that may not have been mentioned
Old 05-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #2079
WWEDUDE

I am in a head cast
Excuse me while i go punch something
Don't Rip Off Dis People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
Love the photos. I have been wondering where the entrace to the WWoHP is. I have never been to Universal Orlando before so hearing it is near the Lost Contenent didn't help me. Pictures help :-)

There is a rough sketch of HP. The temp bridge connects Lost Continent to Jurassic Park, for the duration of construction (afterwards, who knows?), the tree looking building on the left of Hogsmeade was the old Enchanted Oak Tavern, and it is now the Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head Pub.

Hope this helps
Old 05-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #2080
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

From what I read somewhere, there is NO PLANS to remove the bridge that got installed from JP to Lost Continent..to much traffic, and they want to allow ppl who want to skip the bottleneck in HP the chance to do so
Old 05-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #2081
WWEDUDE

I am in a head cast
Excuse me while i go punch something
Don't Rip Off Dis People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
From what I read somewhere, there is NO PLANS to remove the bridge that got installed from JP to Lost Continent..to much traffic, and they want to allow ppl who want to skip the bottleneck in HP the chance to do so
I think that will be great during the opening weeks if they didn't remove the bridge.

But that raises more questions, like will they put another Jurassic Park Arch? Will they make it more permanent feeling, because right now you are going through a backstage gate, and going over paths in Jurassic Park (or am I imagining this? If I remember correctly, the minor ones from Skipper Boat Tours). Also it seems to me like this would be much more profitable to Universal to remove it, considering you aren't going through all the games of Lost Continent, and all the shops in Hogsmeade that they just spent a fortune putting in.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #2082
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
3)having their ride/video interrupted by spiels saying "viedotaping is PROHIBITED" at several points in the ride
4)having their video pulled from youtube and their account/IP banned from youtube
5)any combination of the above or any other possibility that may not have been mentioned
Well done towing the company line, but he's right. It is going to show up on YouTube very quickly.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #2083
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDUDE View Post
going over paths in Jurassic Park (or am I imagining this? If I remember correctly, the minor ones from Skipper Boat Tours).
You are correct...you can still see the loading area below the bridge.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #2084
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
I used to think this about other new attractions, but somehow they ended up on youtube. I'm amzaed at how some people can garner video on certain rides.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #2085
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

I think Universal will be guarding whatever is in this baby as long as they can. They will have plenty of people's vids taken off of youtube for the first couple of months. Then there will be someone who flies under the radar somehow that gets a million hits and the thinking will be "oh well it's free advertising". It took about two months for Disaster vids to stick.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: