Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #2056
allimac
Earning My Ears

Devastated that we wont be getting in

Hi everybody, I have been scouring forums for any glimmer of hope that my children will get to see Wizarding World. We booked our holiday from the UK when Universal starting selling packages from 28th May, our holiday is from 24th May - 7th June. We are not staying on site, our budget would not stretch that far, flights from the UK around school holiday times are extremely high. My kids are absolutely devastated they will not get in, and what makes it worse is that people will be allowed entry when we are there. My son is 14 in the summer and it will be the last time we bring him to Florida as a kid. Does anybody have any inside info that will give me some hope that Universal are only saying package holders will get in to stop crowds of people turning up. Surely they wont staff a whole area for a few people. This has ruined our holiday of a lifetime.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #2057
WWEDUDE

I am in a head cast
Excuse me while i go punch something
Don't Rip Off Dis People

Quote:
Originally Posted by allimac View Post
Hi everybody, I have been scouring forums for any glimmer of hope that my children will get to see Wizarding World. We booked our holiday from the UK when Universal starting selling packages from 28th May, our holiday is from 24th May - 7th June. We are not staying on site, our budget would not stretch that far, flights from the UK around school holiday times are extremely high. My kids are absolutely devastated they will not get in, and what makes it worse is that people will be allowed entry when we are there. My son is 14 in the summer and it will be the last time we bring him to Florida as a kid. Does anybody have any inside info that will give me some hope that Universal are only saying package holders will get in to stop crowds of people turning up. Surely they wont staff a whole area for a few people. This has ruined our holiday of a lifetime.
I don't think it is completely out of the question.

There is a very good chance they will be having soft openings during your vacation, maybe with a bit of luck it will still work out!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #2058
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allimac View Post
Honestly, I don't think it would hurt to write a letter to Universal Customer Service, explaining the situation and asking if there is any way you could be notified of a soft opening, etc. Not really asking for entrance, just if there is a way to find out if there is a soft opening, yadda yadda. You may not hear from them, but maybe some pixie dust from Disney will blow your way....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #2059
*LittleMermaid*
Mouseketeer

Plus not to burst anyones bubble but when people say Universal is not opening the area for such little amount of people, remember that there are many people booked at the loews hotels on property and also at the neighboring hotels in the area. That package was not limited to only people staying onsite. Some people still got to stay in other Universal related hotels and if they booked the package directly with the company, still get the early entrance that is so coveted.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #2060
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LittleMermaid* View Post
Plus not to burst anyones bubble but when people say Universal is not opening the area for such little amount of people, remember that there are many people booked at the loews hotels on property and also at the neighboring hotels in the area. That package was not limited to only people staying onsite. Some people still got to stay in other Universal related hotels and if they booked the package directly with the company, still get the early entrance that is so coveted.
The onsite hotels were pretty empty for those first package dates --- there are great discounts still being offered, so I really doubt that there are thousands and thousands booked at offsite hotels. The capacity of The Wizarding World is huge and I would imagine that if Universal is going to open the area, they would like to have several thousands of people in there. Dragon Challenge and Forbidden Journey have huge capacities (several thousand)and then the restaurants, shops and other areas also hold a few thousand.

There is no way that Universal was going to sell enough packages to match the capacity of the area. They would have been allowing for normal attendance as well. Also, there is no way that the Three Broomsticks could serve enough breakfasts if they sold packages to around 5 thousand people.

However, they will want to be testing the area as close to capacity as possible to prepare for the onslaught after opening, so I would imagine there will be plenty of room for regular people.

Last edited by damo; 05-05-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #2061
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of hatetofly, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com/forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatetofly
Happy Sinko de Freethrow everyone, was out at the parks earlier today and wanted to share some pictures with all of you. Since nothing has really changed I kind of tried to be creative from different angles but ehh I don't know. There are markers with paint all over Hogsmeade where they are going to apply more snow. Shout out to fellow OU member (theLastAshen) out there today, glad to see you guys again. I am going to spread this out over two rounds of pics, here we go!

^SECURITY WAS TIGHT LET ME TELL, I MEAN THESE GUYS BACKED ME OFF THE WALL TWICE^

All right that's it for now, I will have part 2 as well HRRR photos, and IOA parkwide photos for those interested in the correct sections up later tonight. As always thanks for reading.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #2062
tinkerdorabelle
DIS Veteran

Love those photos!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #2063
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
The onsite hotels were pretty empty for those first package dates --- there are great discounts still being offered, so I really doubt that there are thousands and thousands booked at offsite hotels.

We just filled out a survey USO emailed us and it was full of suggested themes to try and lure visitors into staying onsite for WWOHP, they wanted to know what we thought about them. Our reply was that we basically could care less about Harry Potter and feel that it's a risky strategy to alienate everyone else in the hopes that new HP visitors will pick up the slack.

There is no doubt that when we are here we will go to WWOHP but if it wasn't here we would still go. If it flops we'll still go. But all of these price rises and promotions make us feel like we are just now taken for granted. They had better hope it's as big as they planned because if it isn't they will have a lot of egg to wipe off of their faces.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #2064
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
We just filled out a survey USO emailed us and it was full of suggested themes to try and lure visitors into staying onsite for WWOHP, they wanted to know what we thought about them. Our reply was that we basically could care less about Harry Potter and feel that it's a risky strategy to alienate everyone else in the hopes that new HP visitors will pick up the slack.

There is no doubt that when we are here we will go to WWOHP but if it wasn't here we would still go. If it flops we'll still go. But all of these price rises and promotions make us feel like we are just now taken for granted. They had better hope it's as big as they planned because if it isn't they will have a lot of egg to wipe off of their faces.
There are great rates available this summer for the hotels, so it sure doesn't sound like they are taking anything for granted as far as hotels are concerned. There are people on the Dates and Rates 2010 thread stating that their summer rates are the lowest they've ever gotten.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #2065
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of hatetofly, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatetofly
Ok Part Deuce, these were taken earlier today.

^Yeah my patience has run its course!^

Thats it for now.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #2066
tucker99
Earning My Ears

Just starting our research...can you please point me to the great discounts? I get "no hotels available" on some dates for week of June 20th via the AAA site.

Last edited by tucker99; 05-07-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #2067
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker99 View Post
Just starting our research...can you please point me to the great discounts? I get "no hotels available" on some dates for week of June 20th via the AAA site.
If your looking to stay onsite all the discounts for the week of the 20th are pretty much gone. I was checking around and it you stay Monday and Tuesday night you might be able to get a discount rate, otherwise the rest of the nights are all pulling up the rack rate if you include those in your stay. I put in the AP rate to check, so you might need to call. When I put in AAA it says that the rooms are all booked up.

good luck, hope to see you guys there. We are staying June 19th thru the 25th at RPR.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #2068
tucker99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
If your looking to stay onsite all the discounts for the week of the 20th are pretty much gone. I was checking around and it you stay Monday and Tuesday night you might be able to get a discount rate, otherwise the rest of the nights are all pulling up the rack rate if you include those in your stay. I put in the AP rate to check, so you might need to call. When I put in AAA it says that the rooms are all booked up.

good luck, hope to see you guys there. We are staying June 19th thru the 25th at RPR.
Thanks so much for checking. I originally wasn't planning to go, but the kids have been, well, relentless in asking about it so I'm starting to give in. I blame myself for even telling them about it.

Congrats to all those who booked early!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #2069
Colleendoll
Universal Orlando Newbie

Love the photos. I have been wondering where the entrace to the WWoHP is. I have never been to Universal Orlando before so hearing it is near the Lost Contenent didn't help me. Pictures help :-)
Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #2070
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleendoll View Post
Love the photos. I have been wondering where the entrace to the WWoHP is. I have never been to Universal Orlando before so hearing it is near the Lost Contenent didn't help me. Pictures help :-)
Welcome to the Darkside Colleen!

I'm sure you will enjoy it here!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: