Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #1801
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Happy Easter everyone!!

Do we have any information on The Sorting Hat yet? Even if there isn't a genuine way to get sorted, I just can't wait to check out the loot! After all, even in the books its been mentioned that students desires for a particular house override the hats decision.
According to the fan site reports that came out a couple weeks ago, the sorting hat is in the queue for Forbidden Journey, giving final advice and warnings before going on the ride. So no sorting, per se, but still amazing!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #1802
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Happy Easter everyone!!

Do we have any information on The Sorting Hat yet? Even if there isn't a genuine way to get sorted, I just can't wait to check out the loot! After all, even in the books its been mentioned that students desires for a particular house override the hats decision. I have always wanted to be in Ravenclaw (I probably belong in Slytherin or elsewhere, but darnit I like Ravenclaw ) So my fun question of the day is:

What colors do you think will be used for Ravenclaw? In the books they are blue and bronze, but in the movies (and the most recognizable) they are blue and silver. What do you think?

And what colors will you be rocking at Hogwarts??
I'm actually kind of relieved that there won't be auto-sorting at Universal! I'm (secretly) knitting house scarves for my family, and I'd hate for them to get sorted into a different house.

It's hard finding time to knit without the kids catching me at it, but luckily I've got until December to finish them. If I can manage to get ahead of schedule I'd like to make matching hats and mitts, too. But if all I finish is the scarves, that'll be awesome.

My husband is Gryffindor - and boy, I really had a time finding gold yarn! He'll get the skinny stripes from The Prisoner of Azkaban, because his gold yarn has a significantly different texture from the red. Everyone else gets the classic fat stripes of the Philosopher's Stone.

My son wants to be Slytherin! And it's probably the right house for him. I've never been able to convince him that "Dictator of the Universe" wouldn't be the awesomest job evah. "If everyone would just do what I tell them to do, we'd all be happier!"

I'm a Hufflepuff, of course.

And my bookish daughter is Ravenclaw through and through. And because she loved the books long before she ever saw the movies, I'm making her scarf Bronze and Blue. I don't think she'd have anything else.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #1803
donaldfan1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad View Post
Heyo, just wondered (very sorry if you have already been asked) but when they have the soft openings do you get any inclings a few days before or is it just a surprise of the day thing? I know they won't want the world and his dog turning up, we are there from 14th - 21st may and would be gutted to miss anything Debs x

same here i am there from 12th till 24th of may and i thought it would be open by then lets hope soft opening is around time we are there , i have sent a email to universal asking about it , fingers crossed
Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #1804
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I'm actually kind of relieved that there won't be auto-sorting at Universal! I'm (secretly) knitting house scarves for my family, and I'd hate for them to get sorted into a different house.

It's hard finding time to knit without the kids catching me at it, but luckily I've got until December to finish them. If I can manage to get ahead of schedule I'd like to make matching hats and mitts, too. But if all I finish is the scarves, that'll be awesome.

My husband is Gryffindor - and boy, I really had a time finding gold yarn! He'll get the skinny stripes from The Prisoner of Azkaban, because his gold yarn has a significantly different texture from the red. Everyone else gets the classic fat stripes of the Philosopher's Stone.

My son wants to be Slytherin! And it's probably the right house for him. I've never been able to convince him that "Dictator of the Universe" wouldn't be the awesomest job evah. "If everyone would just do what I tell them to do, we'd all be happier!"

I'm a Hufflepuff, of course.

And my bookish daughter is Ravenclaw through and through. And because she loved the books long before she ever saw the movies, I'm making her scarf Bronze and Blue. I don't think she'd have anything else.

That sounds so cool! I hope your family loves them.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #1805
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of SL_ZER0, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL_ZER0
okay everyone i watched the hp part and you guys were right... LOTS of stuff!! i switched over to the laptop since i couldn't see anything on the teeny ipod screen.
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSehu...=youtube_gdata and the stuff starts at about 06:30.

here are a few rough screencaps:
(there was plenty of standard stuff like house clothes and accessories, hats, brooms, etc. i didn't bother to get that since we have all seen it. also there were some shots of candy but it panned by too fast to capture, it looked very blurry.)

at first when i saw this dress, i thought it was bellatrix's:

but after i capped this pic of two of the founders (helga hufflepuff and salazar slytherin):

i realized the dress i'd seen earlier HAD to be FOUNDER'S COSTUMES!
here is a better shot of Hufflepuff and Slytherin,

which would make the first ones Godric Gryffindor's and Rowena Ravenclaw's!!
whether they will be for sale is anyone's guess. i think i might fprk out for ravenclaw's dress. it's gorgeous!

hagrid's hut looks great and has giant pumpkins:

and here's dobby!

the yule ball gown and a slytherin quidditch uniform:
sorry the size is screwed up

here are some of the wands briefly shown (are these noble collection or new ones?) and also what looks to be Hufflepuff's Cup (or maybe a souvenir butterbeer stein?). it has some sort of crest etched into it:

and the wizard chess set looks substantial and of good quality.. i want one!

in the background here you can see a quidditch display. i think the triangle box is filled with bludgers?

close-up of the chocolate frogs.

to get a frame of reference, here is a shot fo the same wooden display plate. you can see how big te frigs will be! also on this plate is some sort of an unidentified dessert (i think). any guesses?

there's a zonko's display but i can't really decipher what any of the products are:

the triwizard cup loks awesome! i wonder if this is a movie prop, a model, or the one that will appear in the dc queue..

here's a little model of buckbeak, so small i wonder if they will be selling figurines. i hope so!

teebin this pic is for you. i'd like to solve the puzzle.

under the three broomsticks concept art is a round thing. is this a model butterbeer barrel?

and who is this? (i love the house hats, also seen on ellen... HAVE TO have one!)

okay that's all i got. if anyone has better quality caps awesome. or feel free to mark these up however you need if you find anything else cool in them. :D
Old 04-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #1806
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of juvenis, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvenis
I took also some screenshots of the Celebrity Apprentice episode. I guess these are a bit better in quality than the ones SL_ZER0 already posted, but would love to see some HD ones!

Hagrid's hut.

Gryffindor & Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff & Slytherin.

Chocolate Frogs.

Damn, they're huge!

Dobby.

Some wands and stuff.

Hats, Tri-Wizard Cup, etc.

On the left, there are Chocolate Frogs on display. Are there also Cauldron Cakes?

They seem to be!

Whomping Willow behind Mark.

A table full of some interesting stuff...

Is that Aragog? And that portrait is of Vindictus Viridian.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #1807
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCool
This may be a long shot, but if these aren't what I think they are then I'm going crazy.

On the wall of the many rides' concept art, there seems to be concept art yet to be released to the public in better definition.

Yes, concept art of the Forbidden Journey queue.

The one to the left evokes the Gothic pillars, iron staircases and circular design of the Headmaster's office:

Though the one to the right is harder to make out, ceiling supports are jetting out from the wall at an acute angle and the iconic DADA classroom staircase is present:
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #1808
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
I agree Dan, but the video's editing made it horribly difficult to see many of the things there... :-( I, like you, wonder what that is between the dragon and the acromantula... it looks to be flying too, maybe it's Fawkes the phoenix? (btw, also look at the shots of the TriWizard Trophy and to the right you see a tiny bright-red Chinese Firebolt!)

EDIT: It might be an optical illusion from the tip of the Horntail's left wing (our right) and a right leg (our left) from the acromantula. Upon closer inspection, you can see the stack of books there and you can see it's the wing and what seems like a leg of the acromantula:

BJCool, I think you're right. That seems to be Dumbledore's office and the DADA classroom!

Since you guys are talking butterbeer mugs... Look at these! They look to be Three Broomsticks Tin Butterbeer pints/mugs/whatcha-call-em? (Maybe the plastic ones seen in the Ellen show are the souvenir cups, although I'd like a tin one more than a plastic one with a logo...)

Also, look at THIS! Steps going up to Hagrid's Hut! AWESOME PHOTO OP!!! Thanks Uni!

More specific instructions to watch the WWoHP footage: you can go here: http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/vi...izards/1216189 and then click a little after the second white marker on the timeline bar (below the video). The footage starts right around 21 minutes into the episode. (see my Hagrid's Hut pic for reference)
Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #1809
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

We were watching Celebrity Apprentice last night, and when they showed that little scale model of Hogsmede, my step dad says "That doesn't just look like a ride, that looks like a whole great big thing!!"

Mom and I were like "Ummm...yes...we've been talking about thi for how long??"

July 2006 - Off Site (July 7 - 20)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1311216

Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 AM   #1810
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesFan View Post
We were watching Celebrity Apprentice last night, and when they showed that little scale model of Hogsmede, my step dad says "That doesn't just look like a ride, that looks like a whole great big thing!!"

Mom and I were like "Ummm...yes...we've been talking about thi for how long??"
We watched Sunday night also! Loved it!!! Ladies did awesome! Rod stunk so bad - he NEEDED to go! The guy can't text, email, or even CALL/Intercom on his cell phone/blackberry correctly?!?!? No wonder my State fired him too!

My DD sooo wants to go, and she didn't even read the books (just saw the movies) - I have read all the books tho, and I want to go too! This thread is KILLING me with info!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #1811
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie

Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #1812
universalfan
Earning My Ears

JK Rowling read to children at the White House Easter Egg Roll on Sunday. Just wondering something now. If you were her and had traveled all the way to the States to read a book for an hour or so, wouldn't you pop on over to Orlando and check out the WWOHP while you were here? Anyone see any signs of VIPs in the parks over the last few days?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #1813
jenn-n-okla
Jenn-in-Okla

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalfan View Post
JK Rowling read to children at the White House Easter Egg Roll on Sunday. Just wondering something now. If you were her and had traveled all the way to the States to read a book for an hour or so, wouldn't you pop on over to Orlando and check out the WWOHP while you were here? Anyone see any signs of VIPs in the parks over the last few days?
If I was her I would be worried about only ONE trip to the USA. I would have a private jet with a big broom on it to fly me where ever , when ever I wanted to.
1984 OS(1st visit);1986 OS;1988 Sports;1990Sports; 1991 Sports; 1994Music;1997Sports(took infant);2000Sports;2002Sports(took infant);2004Sports;2007 PC(took child with Portable O2);2008 Poly (took child with Portable O2); 2010 Poly (9 family members went one on oxygen ) 2013 Poly (5 family members again one on oxygen)
Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #1814
universalfan
Earning My Ears

True, but nine hours or so is a long flight, no matter how rich you are (LOL).
Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #1815
arthursiew
Earning My Ears

I read somewhere that you might need to have a separate ticket to get into the grand opening of Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Is this true? I already have my tickets bought and my vacation date just happened to be on the grand opening date.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: