Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #1786
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post

Here's the link to Ellen's video ..
WOW...looks fantastic - thanks for the link... we don't get all the US channels over here in UK.

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #1787
FloridaSam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
WOW...looks fantastic - thanks for the link... we don't get all the US channels over here in UK.

Tessa
Hi Tessa

If you've got Sky Ellen is on the Diva channel.

Sam

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #1788
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Heyo, just wondered (very sorry if you have already been asked) but when they have the soft openings do you get any inclings a few days before or is it just a surprise of the day thing? I know they won't want the world and his dog turning up, we are there from 14th - 21st may and would be gutted to miss anything Debs x

Last edited by amacspad; 04-03-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #1789
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad View Post
Heyo, just wondered (very sorry if you have already been asked) but when they have the soft openings do you get any inclings a few days before or is it just a surprise of the day thing? I know they won't want the world and his dog turning up, we are there from 14th - 21st may and would be gutted to miss anything Debs x
Soft openings happen at the spur of the moment...you never know when it's going to occur. It's all a matter of luck and timing.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #1790
Sun Lover
Earning My Ears

You mean they won't even announce that there will be a soft opening? I thought they would announce it a day or two ahead. I wish they'd hurry up and give us more details. It's frustrating.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #1791
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lover View Post
You mean they won't even announce that there will be a soft opening? I thought they would announce it a day or two ahead. I wish they'd hurry up and give us more details. It's frustrating.
No park announces soft openings simply because they don't always know if everything on the attraction will be working correctly.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #1792
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCool
Hey, I know I'm a little late to the "what we thought of Ellen party", but anyways here is what stood out to me the most:

All Images © 2010 WAD Productions, Inc. | In partnership with Warner Bros.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #1793
Howellsy
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSam View Post
Hi Tessa

If you've got Sky Ellen is on the Diva channel.

Sam
Just wanted to add, Diva only shows old episodes of Ellen. I think they're currently showing the episodes from last August/September time. So the Universal ones won't be aired for another 6 or 7 months I doubt.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #1794
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of WWOHP fan, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWOHP fan
i've make screen caps seems there are an Hogwarts students :

Old 04-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #1795
Howellsy
:)

These photos seem to show the Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students which I'm guessing is related to Dragon Challenge.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #1796
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Jolber, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolber
This is my first photo update, so bear with me :P! I warn you the quality isn't exellent, but I was mostly sticking camera through/over construction walls and kept getting shifty looks :P Anyway, I did my best to try and find pictures that haven't been posted here yet, probably failed, but here it goes:

More mud application?

Final touches continue all through the Wizarding World

The final steeple is still begging for a paint job

Random one, but if anyone is interested in the flooring used around Hogsmeade...

Make-do tunnel through Hogsmeade to access the last days of Dueling Dragons

Dragon Challenge flags all tied up

I guess banners are going here?

Extend this bland image to form a queue line, and you have the wondrously dull new Dragon Challenge cave are!

From what I could tell, the "Fire Dragon" and "Ice Dragon" signage is just a cover up for whatever names are underneath it...Hungarian Horntail etc?

Safety boards now with Ministry of Magic frames

Are these arch ways new? I think I'm just seeing things now XD

Sneaky picture of the hogs through a hole in the wall

Ok now for the fail greenhouse pics. I have no idea how you guys snap good pictures of this section :S

Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #1797
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

You ghuys have convinced me I wanna go to Universal !!! This coming from a DISNEY Fanatic !!!So I will say

[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #1798
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Justin, Orlando United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin

The following is a combination of emails by my source. He has been working on the ride since the beginning and here are some clips of his thoughts and comments on the ride: ENJOY!!

From latest email Mar 31 -

"Hey! Just thought I'd pop in and let you know how the project is coming along. Although we are going through some challenges in cycling multiple vehicles (remember we are shooting for 47) and we don't yet have all the show systems working yet, this ride is shaping up to be exactly as Universal has been hyping it. I know Universal hypes every new project and usually the reality doesn't live up to the hype but in this case I don't think they are going overboard in any way and I doubt anyone will be disappointed. All of you dark ride fans will not want to miss this groundbreaking attraction. Yes we are aiming for a mid-April soft opening but I wouldn't hold my breath. Things change on an hourly basis with this project and we still have quite a bit of work to do."

"And the ride inside is coming along nicely as well. I promise you won't be disappointed. From the entry, queue and load area to the amazing Quidditch match, the dementors suckingg your soul, the spiders, the willow and the dragon encounter. You will finally be able to walk off of a ride in Central Florida and say, "wow that was better than I thought it would be.""

"The Forbidden Journey scenic is being installed and it is absolutely stunning! We are starting to see things put together and it does not disappoint. There are many challenges with just these show elements in that many of them are 30 or 40 feet above ground. many of the major effects have been mocked up and tested and some are even more impressive than we expected. As I've said before I think the ride will be ready by early Spring. For all those who do not plan on experiencing this ride I would say you would be missing out on a major breakthrough in the history of dark rides."

"I can tell you Universal is having major problems with the HP dark ride. But the problems are a result of their own egos and CYA attitude. When I say there are problems I mean they are massive in scope: to the point where they should be re engineering the entire ride system, even after most of it has been fabricated already. Unfortunately they have been burying their heads in the sand and nobody will admit what needs to be done.

That being said, the plans for this ride are far more ambitious than anything Disney has completed in over 13 years here in Florida. I have seen similar problems with some Disney projects..hehehmmmm Test Track. They will open Potter however and it will be a huge success despite its unusually high downtime and low capacity. At least Potter is going to be ten times more entertaining and fun than Test Track could hope to be."

Enjoy and DISCUSS!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #1799
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter everyone!!

Do we have any information on The Sorting Hat yet? Even if there isn't a genuine way to get sorted, I just can't wait to check out the loot! After all, even in the books its been mentioned that students desires for a particular house override the hats decision. I have always wanted to be in Ravenclaw (I probably belong in Slytherin or elsewhere, but darnit I like Ravenclaw ) So my fun question of the day is:

What colors do you think will be used for Ravenclaw? In the books they are blue and bronze, but in the movies (and the most recognizable) they are blue and silver. What do you think?

And what colors will you be rocking at Hogwarts??

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #1800
h20jag

DIS Veteran
Wants a beer drink-off with MsDisney at the Backwater Bar
Secretly has the hots for Robinrs holding a beer

Thanxfor nice pics again Don P!
Altho, reality really hits hard seeing no "Choose Thy Fate" sign @ Dragons.
Just got over the Enchanted Oak being gone!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: