Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #1681
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scasta86 View Post
For those who booked a vacation package, did you get stuck with some random day for your complimentary breakfast?
I just realized that the system assigned me a day for the breakfast, a day which I wasn't planning to spend at IOA. I tried calling Universal, but apparently they can't change the day for that.
Has anyone else had this issue?
No. I reserved the day/time I thought I wanted when I booked our package and then I even called back a week later and changed my reservation to a different day.

They could be booked up now though which would make it harder if not impossible to change your day. You could try to call back again in a week or so and see if whoever you talk to then is able to do it. There could be cancellations (or simply a more knowledgeable phone rep).

I highly doubt there will be many cancellations though if you were lucky enough to book a package prior to June 18th. Most people will be hanging on to those reservations for dear life!

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #1682
PiratesFan
Mouseketeer

Not gonna lie, I am actually WAY more excited to go to Universal this trip...maybe more excited for Universal than WDW (le gasp!), and its just because of Harry Potter I am a HUGE fan and amd going to have to pretty much double my spending money just so I can get LOTS of HP merch

July 2006 - Off Site (July 7 - 20)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1311216

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #1683
HufflepuffMudblood
Entranced and Enchanted by Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Pacho View Post
Courtesy of dmkrc5, Orlando United
Holy! I believe that there's a nimbus 2000 or 2001 in those pictures!!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #1684
momblanch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesFan View Post
Not gonna lie, I am actually WAY more excited to go to Universal this trip...maybe more excited for Universal than WDW (le gasp!), and its just because of Harry Potter I am a HUGE fan and amd going to have to pretty much double my spending money just so I can get LOTS of HP merch

I am right there with you. We are HUGE HP fans!! Started reading HP and the SS to my almost 18yr old when he was 7, and when he would fall asleep, I'd keep reading 'cause I couldn't put it down! Six more books and six movies later, I can not wait until we go in early Nov to see how Universal will bring it to life!!! We are all sooo excited!! Half of me wants to hear/read all I can about WWoHP and FJ, and the other half wants the surprize factor. (I'm such a Gemini!!)
Old 03-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #1685
I<3stitch626
Mouseketeer

I'm confused...
I read in a previous post that the grand opening is June 18..correct?
So after June 18, going to the park and purchasing an ioa day pass will give u admission to wwohp too right? You don't need any sort of special offer or anything?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM   #1686
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3stitch626 View Post
I'm confused...
So after June 18, going to the park and purchasing an ioa day pass will give u admission to wwohp too right? You don't need any sort of special offer or anything?
Nope. You are correct.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #1687
coasterfiend
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm confused...
That is correct. Have a great time!
DCL Wonder: 2004, 2006, 2009
Old 03-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #1688
I<3stitch626
Mouseketeer

^^Thanks you guys!
I'm leaving for the world June 26..and planning on fitting in a universal day just for this..i'm sooo excited. I only hope the line for forbidden journey won't be BEYOND ridiculous and I'll actually get to see it
Curiosity is starting to get to me
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #1689
mark2311
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufflepuffMudblood View Post
Holy! I believe that there's a nimbus 2000 or 2001 in those pictures!!
2001 i think
Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1690
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Quote:
^^Thanks you guys!
I'm leaving for the world June 26..and planning on fitting in a universal day just for this..i'm sooo excited. I only hope the line for forbidden journey won't be BEYOND ridiculous and I'll actually get to see it
Curiosity is starting to get to me
Good luck with that. And say goodbye to Mickey, I'm betting you wont see him too much after this trip
Anyway, small potter update, this time on the inside of the (Dueling)Dragons Challenge queue. I hope they close it down for more time, and they do something else to it. It looks so....blah! The signs, I hope those arent an indicator.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #1691
Minnie
DIS Veteran

My son and I are HUGE HP fans but we do not go on coaster, simulator, or thrill rides at all so we would only be going to IOA for HP

Would it be still worth staying on site as we would likely not be going on any of the rides? Would do the que for the new HP ride and then bail out the chicken exit.

So should we stay a night at a Universal hotel or just drive over from our WDW hotel - we will have a rental car. Planning on going in either July or Aug depending on our work schedules.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #1692
Ross21
Earning My Ears

WDW to Universal Studios and back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
Disney Muggle question here - I'm subscribed to this thread, being the HP fan, and we're going to be in WDW 6/10-6/21 with no plans to visit US, BUT with HP opening (soft & Grand), I'd like to venture there for a day! Problem is - no transportation! How do we get from WDW resort to IOA for a day - and back? How much$$ do you think, besides a day pass, and will a day pass even guarantee we see WWOHP before the 18th? I hope that doesn't sound like a stupid question(s)!

Thanks!

LOVE being a Muggle, but LOVE HP's life too!

Three options to getting to US from WDW.

1. The bus, approx $30 pp, but you have to catch it at the TTC I believe, this is a city bus...

2. Taxi - Minimum of $35 EACH WAY (not including tip) unless the driver takes you the loooong way, then it will be more.

3. Mears - the easiest of all. (.mearstransportation.com/)
Depending on how many people you have, you could reserve one of their town cars for like $100 round trip (for everyone).

I have spent more than this with a taxi.. If you go the taxi route, make sure you take some maps and study up on the routes at least a little.. That way you won't get litterally taken for a ride...

Have Fun!

DVC Owner 3/2010
Saratoga Springs
Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #1693
Lucky4me
****!

Typo on the Lynx bus?
I think you mean $3 per person each way?
I've read there are three transfers, or two and get on a free shuttle on I drive.
I suppose if you had one or two people, a lot of time, started out first thing in the A.M., this would be the most cost effective.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #1694
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky4me View Post
Typo on the Lynx bus?
I think you mean $3 per person each way?
I've read there are three transfers, or two and get on a free shuttle on I drive.
I suppose if you had one or two people, a lot of time, started out first thing in the A.M., this would be the most cost effective.
I wouldn't take Lynx...it takes a long time to get from Disney to Universal and even though it's the cheapest way, you would lose a lot of park time. I was trying to pull up the route map and fare information but that part of the website is down. You can check back at www.golynx.com later and use their planning site. BTW...the Lynx bus is $3.00 per person each way.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #1695
PegIra
DIS Veteran

Even if the rides aren't open when we get there the last week of April, do you think we might be able to walk around Hogs Meade and see Hogswart also?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: