Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #1666
scasta86
Mouseketeer

For those who booked a vacation package, did you get stuck with some random day for your complimentary breakfast?
I just realized that the system assigned me a day for the breakfast, a day which I wasn't planning to spend at IOA. I tried calling Universal, but apparently they can't change the day for that.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 AM   #1667
themouse1928
SUM IMAGINATION HUH

Wow just found out I'm in on the 28th need i say more.
Dis Dads #426 ME43 DW37 DD10DD6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #1668
TraceyL
Always planning........
I'm a very patient Welsh believer!
Did you know that one of the TF's is part Welsh, Tracey? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scasta86 View Post
For those who booked a vacation package, did you get stuck with some random day for your complimentary breakfast?
I just realized that the system assigned me a day for the breakfast, a day which I wasn't planning to spend at IOA. I tried calling Universal, but apparently they can't change the day for that.
Has anyone else had this issue?
No - I had the option to chose which day I wanted. The 'default' date was the day of check in but you coul dchose any day of your package
Hallowe'en 2007 Sunset Lakes again & HRH ~ Hallowe'en 2008 Highlands Reserve Villa & HRH
Christmas & New Year 2009 Bella Vida, HRH & Pop ~ Jul/Aug 2010 back for Harry Potter
Christmas 2012 OKW/Bahama Bay - Solo!!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #1669
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Disney Muggle question here - I'm subscribed to this thread, being the HP fan, and we're going to be in WDW 6/10-6/21 with no plans to visit US, BUT with HP opening (soft & Grand), I'd like to venture there for a day! Problem is - no transportation! How do we get from WDW resort to IOA for a day - and back? How much$$ do you think, besides a day pass, and will a day pass even guarantee we see WWOHP before the 18th? I hope that doesn't sound like a stupid question(s)!

Thanks!

LOVE being a Muggle, but LOVE HP's life too!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #1670
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
Disney Muggle question here - I'm subscribed to this thread, being the HP fan, and we're going to be in WDW 6/10-6/21 with no plans to visit US, BUT with HP opening (soft & Grand), I'd like to venture there for a day! Problem is - no transportation! How do we get from WDW resort to IOA for a day - and back? How much$$ do you think, besides a day pass, and will a day pass even guarantee we see WWOHP before the 18th? I hope that doesn't sound like a stupid question(s)!

Thanks!

I think the answer is MEARS. It's like the Super Shuttle in many cities that picks you up at your house and takes you to the airport. Book them for pick up times here and there. Buy the tickets outside (online or whatever) the resort otherwise you might lose at least an hour making a line to buy a (more expensive) ticket. Get there very early. They might close the park early because it might get full (like going to the Disney parks on December 31st that get full before 10 AM)

Mears has to have a web site with info.

Good luck.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #1671
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post

Thanks!

At this point, a day pass won't guarantee that you see WWOHP before the 18th. The likelihood of soft openings is high, but won't be announced and isn't concrete. If you want to 100% see HP I would plan to go after the 18th and prepare to deal with large crowds. We generally just cab from Universal to Disney (if you do it from Downtown Disney it's cheapest), and it's about $30 each way, so depending on how many people are in your party it's an option worth looking into! I think Mears is $16 or so per person (not sure if that's each way or round trip, I'm sure someone on here will know better than me!).

My suggestion would be to wait until closer to your trip to decide what day you're going to spend at Universal. If there are reports of soft openings or it being unofficially open at the beginning of June, you're going to get considerably lower crowds before the 18th. But if there aren't reports, it's worth keeping a day open after the 18th to experience it - it's going to be incredible.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #1672
mum4jenn
My dd is the love of my life!!
Sometimes I get the FRITO BANDITO jingle stuck in my head and I have to sing it all day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You sound so excited!!! I know you'll have an amazing trip!
Good Luck!

Last edited by mum4jenn; 03-28-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #1673
HufflepuffMudblood
Entranced and Enchanted by Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You sound so excited!!! I know you'll have an amazing trip!
I've gotten most of the money that I wanted to have for the trip!!
Thanks, believe me, I am bouncing off the walls!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #1674
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildamo View Post

We generally just cab from Universal to Disney (if you do it from Downtown Disney it's cheapest), and it's about $30 each way, so depending on how many people are in your party it's an option worth looking into! I think Mears is $16 or so per person (not sure if that's each way or round trip, I'm sure someone on here will know better than me!).

Your are absolutely correct on this Mears VS Cab comparison

I think the $16 Mears fare is each way per person. For just one person is worth it if you want to save money.
But if you are a couple (and even better if you have kids) there is no doubt whatsoever that a cab is the best offer and you don't have to worry if Mears is going to show up, if they are late, to pick you up.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #1675
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of dmkrc5, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkrc5
Heres pictures from today.

< Butterbeer!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #1676
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie

Old 03-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #1677
kim532
DIS Veteran

Dreams Unlimited travel has a 1 day 2 park ticket including transfers. They talked about it on this weeks DisUnplugged podcast.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

If you scroll down about halfway the page you can see it as a purchase option.

AKV Owner! (me) (DH - Ryan) (DS - Evan 8) (DS - Joel 7)
Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #1678
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim532 View Post
Dreams Unlimited travel has a 1 day 2 park ticket including transfers. They talked about it on this weeks DisUnplugged podcast.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

If you scroll down about halfway the page you can see it as a purchase option.
That looks like a great deal - definitely something to take advantage of if you're only going for one day!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #1679
Sun Lover
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any knowledgeable guess as to when they may do a soft opening? I know we were there for Mummy about 3 weeks ahead and the entire ride was not finished but they still let people on. We booked our 2010 trip several months ago for May 27 - 29, thinking WWoHP would be open by then but we had no choice on the dates, as we had to work around school and work schedules. We didn't specifically plan the trip around Harry Potter but I will be very disappointed if it's not open, as it was first announced it would open in December '09, then January '10 and then "spring," which I logically thought would be well before June 18. I don't think the park should have offered the vacation packages beginning May 28 if they weren't sure everything would be up and running by then.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #1680
lildamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lover View Post
Does anyone have any knowledgeable guess as to when they may do a soft opening? I know we were there for Mummy about 3 weeks ahead and the entire ride was not finished but they still let people on. We booked our 2010 trip several months ago for May 27 - 29, thinking WWoHP would be open by then but we had no choice on the dates, as we had to work around school and work schedules. We didn't specifically plan the trip around Harry Potter but I will be very disappointed if it's not open, as it was first announced it would open in December '09, then January '10 and then "spring," which I logically thought would be well before June 18. I don't think the park should have offered the vacation packages beginning May 28 if they weren't sure everything would be up and running by then.
There have been many soft opening rumours - April 9th, end of April, middle of May, May 25th...right now none of us know anything more than anybody else. Just keep watching this thread and something will be posted the moment soft openings happen. I feel like you should be fine at the end of May, but you never know. It's still far too early to tell.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: