Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
nezy
DIS Veteran

Dis anyone else hear...Aerosmith no longer sponsoring RR

I searched the Theme Park Boards but did not see this-
Did anyone hear that Aerosmith is planning to stop having their name connected w/RR? Not sure if that is true or just a rumour started by one of the kids.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Didn't you hear the RUMOR that it is being taken over by Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204756
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
nezy
DIS Veteran

Yes-that is what I heard and after my original post I checked the rumors board and read all about it!
I hope it is just a rumor and not true.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

If its true we will picket it. Come on in 5 yrs who is going to remember the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana. Especially since this is the last year for Hannah Montana. I just can't think of any other band doing RnR besides Aerosmith, I'm sure all good things come to an end. Going to see Aerosmith on July 13th in Sunrise, FL. They will be in Tampa on the 11th. DD16 is a HUGE fan, in fact all her Disney money is always spent at RnR's gift shop. Loved it last December, all the T-shirts were 40% off due to the new supplier taking over. DD16 wants to go to DHS on the 12th because she is convinced they will be there. She always talks to the CMs about Joe Perry sightings. He is old enough to be her grandpa. lol
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post
If its true we will picket it. Come on in 5 yrs who is going to remember the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana. Especially since this is the last year for Hannah Montana. I just can't think of any other band doing RnR besides Aerosmith, I'm sure all good things come to an end. Going to see Aerosmith on July 13th in Sunrise, FL. They will be in Tampa on the 11th. DD16 is a HUGE fan, in fact all her Disney money is always spent at RnR's gift shop. Loved it last December, all the T-shirts were 40% off due to the new supplier taking over. DD16 wants to go to DHS on the 12th because she is convinced they will be there. She always talks to the CMs about Joe Perry sightings. He is old enough to be her grandpa. lol
Just kill me now if this is true
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Poohbear123
Will travel without lipstick
I was tingling at SSW
Born and raised in MIAMI
I sing along to the Piped in Music!...LOUD!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Just kill me now if this is true
Put me on the List too! What the heck is wrong with Disney?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Buzz Litebeer
Not a Flying Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
Did anyone hear that Aerosmith is planning to stop having their name connected w/RR? Not sure if that is true or just a rumour started by one of the kids.
AFAIK, right now it's a rumor.

Hang on while I strap on my asbestos underwear for the flames I'm about to receive. Now then...

Seeing as how Disney is paying Aerosmith (and not vice-versa; they are NOT "sponsors"), I doubt Aerosmith would want to end their association with Disney. Aerosmith's album sales have steadily declined since 1993's Get a Grip, and they haven't released a studio album in over 5 years (2004's Honkin' on Bobo).

It's been speculated that Aerosmith signed a ten year contract with Disney -- and the attraction will celebrate it's tenth anniversary later this month (on July 29). I'm sure Disney would much rather use the venue to promote Disney-owned family friendly acts (like the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato) instead of sending Aerosmith monthly royalty checks.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone.

Last edited by Buzz Litebeer; 07-02-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Buzz Litebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
aurorae
DIS Veteran

That said, they originally picked Aerosmith because they were cheap.

The original idea was to have the Rolling Stones, but they were too expensive.
aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
Haley
DIS Veteran

This rumor has been circulating for awhile-- I don't believe it.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
AmberLuvsWDW
Mouseketeer

I also hope this is just a RUMOR!!

DisneyWisher-I saw Aerosmith in Pittsburg (well technically a suburb) on June 24 and loved the show!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:33 AM   #11
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I don't think I'd ride this coaster if the music is turned into Pop. I don't think that I could stand it.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #12
UncleScrooge
Earning My Ears

I think I read an original posting of this somewhere the other day. The original posting was dated...April 1st. About 10 posts into the thread, the OP fessed up. He said that he went with the Jonas Brothers because he didn't think anybody would believe it if he said Miley.

Anyway, this is the thread where I first heard this rumor.

http://www.studioscentral.com/board/...showtopic=6083
UncleScrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Acknowledging the April Fool's source of the rumor, and thinking about the two basic camps of comments that get made every time this recirculates (a. Disney wants a more 'family friendly' attraction that promotes its own brand and b. there's no way a self-respecting adult/coaster fan would ride a Jonas/Montana attraction), I thought about one market that Disney seems very much to want to attract. It's the older teen -- the ones with money to spend and who wouldn't normally want to be caught dead on vacation with the folks -- that Disney has been working very hard over the last few years to figure out and draw in. Aerosmith works for this because they both appeal to adults AND to the older teen market (and even brings those families together at the attraction). To switch over to any teen/tween bop kind of music just takes this entire segment out of the picture. I also don't think Disney would really want to 'soften' the impact of the ride -- that is, attract people (kids) to ride it who really aren't ready for the intensity of the experience.

SO -- given that I acknowledge that it was a joke in the first place, that's why I don't think the idea really plays out.
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
RSHale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post
I hope you get to see Aerosmith on the 13th. I've got a ticket to see them in Tampa, but I'm starting to get a little bit worried. I guess you know they have postponed some shows with no explanation other than an "artist injury". So far, Cincinnati (July 1), Virginia Beach (July 3), and Hershey (July 5) have been postponed. People on the AeroForceOne site seem to think that Steven Tyler pulled or tore something in his leg during a concert last weekend.

This is supposed to be my first Aerosmith concert, and a new date will probably not work for me since I'm flying to Florida for the show. I'm staying at Walt Disney World for the weekend. I hope they are able to perform, but I will at least be able to add another day in the parks if they reschedule.
RSHale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #15
dalt01
DIS Veteran

what part of the biggest self promoting company on the face of the earth wanting to spend its money on itself is hard for you guys to believe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: