Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Pixie Dust, Princess Magic and Christmas Cheer!Trip report Day 1

Well I'm just jumping in here and starting my PTR! It seems so far away--but it's only 153 days So here goes! We're staying from Dec 1st to Dec 12th at the Pop Century Resort

Introducing the Magical Princess Seeking bunch of characters

Princess GenevaClaire(formerly known as Preemie Princess), the 4 year old miracle star of this party and our very own princess here in the mtns!

Daddy Prince, aka Ben--in the land of the 40's

MommyQueen, aka Veronica--37 (nothing cute or funny about it, lol)

Our little family almost never happened--we had several very sad disappointments during our first 12 years of marriage--with 5 angels who are waiting for us all in Heaven. We became pregnant with GenevaClaire and fear and apprehension set in--we were afraid, very afraid. But the pregnancy passed the fearful mark, I was fat, happy and moving along very healthy--then the bottom dropped out. I woke up one January Morning, feeling fine--but as the morning went on the scene went from normal to horrifying. I was a pleasant 25 weeks preggo, doing the dishes, picking up the kitchen on a Saturday. Then the braxton contractions (or so I thought) started--"ok, I thought, no biggie" but those contractions started coming on a regular timed interval, then some other things started happening--my worst nightmare was happening all over again. A little time and prayer passed as I waited for the Doc to call me back, unfortunately he left his bedside manner at the office, because he proceeded to tell me that she was not viable and would not live. He told me to go to the hospital and they would call him if he was needed. Talk about a kick to the gut--I was heartbroke and horrified. We set off for the hospital, we were in L&D triage for just over an hour--when they determined I was in full blown premature labor--the race was on to stop it--unfortunately they couldn't--our preemie princess was born at 25 weeks, a micro preemie, weighing in at a whopping 1lb 15 ounces--12 inches long--not breathing, no cries to announce her royal birth--just silence--they did revive her and I saw her just for seconds before she was whisked off to the NICU.

Our world was about to spin on to the wildest ride we've ever been on, called the NICU rollercoaster. (believe me it's one ride you don't want to fastpass or get back in line to ride again) It's been 4 years, and 6 months since we got on it--pretty soon I really want to get off this ride....

Last edited by MagicMomentsMom; 12-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

oops--the pic of me and GC is too small--I'll fix and upload again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

You are truely blessed with a beautiful daughter. What a trooper you have to be to endure all you have! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Here is the first pic we have of DD at 2 days old--

and here's a pic of her from July 4th weekend

She has fought long and hard--some of this story may seem heartbreaking but it's really a testament to her strong will and her successful fight to overcome all of her adversities---her NICU journey was 3 months of systemic sepsis,Staph, BPD, ventilators, heart trouble and ROP Stage 4. She was discharged from the NICU and had to return 9 days later to the hospital for blood clots in her legs--discharged again, only to return a mere 3 days later for emergency bilateral laser surgery to both eyes to prevent total blindness from the ROP. We thought she was in the clear until she began silently aspirating into her lungs--the lungs were severely damaged from the ventilators and her lungs were not fully developed--causing BPD. So the damage was nearing a fatal point her, she was classified as a failure to thrive with imminent death--they admitted her into the hospital for a Nissen Fundoplication(to tie the stomach in a knot, to prevent fluid from reentering her lungs) and Gtube(feeding tube) surgery. One of the worst days of our life, because my beautiful 5 month old, 8lb baby girl died on the table during the surgery. She was revived after 3 minutes--but she suffered brain damage and now has Cerebal Palsy, which effects her walking pattern and swallowing pattern among other developmental issues. BUT that is such a small part of her life--she is a beautiful, happy and spoiled, little girl! That's her abbreviated birth story--I won't go into much more of her medical stuff, but I wanted to share just a little bit--the info might be needed as we plan and play with the princesses!

Her 1st trip to Disney is to celebrate her life, her struggles and her triumph over it all--she started her life as a preemie princess and now she finally gets to meet the Disney princesses!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

What a wonderful reason to celebrate! Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
What a wonderful reason to celebrate! Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
Thank you so much! We think she's the best reason to celebrate!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

A little about Mommy Queen, aka Veronica, me

I came into this world 6 days after Walt Disney World opened to the public --I almost made the opening date, lol.

I've been to Disney world twice in 37.5 years--1st trip was in the 70's with my parents--I was 7 or 8, but there are no pics of the trip. My mom had just gotten out of the hospital with major abdominal surgery, she was on so many meds, she felt horrible. So when she loaded her camera, a 35 mm, she didn't realize that she didn't have some sort of battery installed. She took lots of pics, but it wasn't actually working I have a few fond memories of that trip--the swiss family robinson tree house, riding Space mtn with my mom, frozen bananas on a stick, and the tea cup ride and my mom being deathly sick and eating lots of takeout pizza...
Fast Forward to my senior year in high school (1989) I was a DECA member in High School and had previously competed in my State Championship and won 1st place in a few events--which granted me the right to compete in Florida at the National DECA Championships. I placed 3rd in Marketing and won a college scholarship. We only spent one day at Disney world, but I remember running for Space mtn at rope drop I also have some great pics of the parades too--just need to find them and dig them up. We left Disney World the day before MGM opened at Disney World.

I never thought much about Disney again until my Daughter was born--when she was a year old, me and the grands started talking about planning her 1st trip to DisneyWorld. Sadly, they won't be coming with us on her first trip, due to my Dad's health, they have encountered some issues with very high medical bills. I'm hoping I can save up enough money in 2010 to surprise them with a December trip next year paid for

Now the other stuff you're dying to know about me lol. I'm an avid photographer, I'm shooting with an Canon XS SLR--I've got a few lens I like to play with but nothing fancy. I play with photoshop alot too I've been scrapbooking for about 14 years and have worked for a few scrapbooking companies producing samples over the past 4 years. I tend to do just paper scrapping but I do like digi scrapping too!

Next up is Daddy Prince, aka Ben...........
Old 07-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
You are truely blessed with a beautiful daughter. What a trooper you have to be to endure all you have! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Late Breaking news We have been given the opportunity to stay in a beach house in Charleston for 5 days FREE---wooooo hoooooooo! Our friends have the week at the beach house for free--the MIL paid for two weeks so we're headed down August 18 or 19th and staying till Sunday! We're so excited because this will be GenevaClaires FIRST ever beach trip yipppppeee! So I'm on a mini planning mission to get us ready to go--but this is a very laid back week--so not to much to plan (thank goodness, don't want to cut into the disney planning time, lol)
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
m!ssemmx0
All you need is love ♥I don't care if my tea leaves say "Die Ron, die", I'm chucking them in the bin
Don't breathe on me, Adrian

Location: Blackmail; Behind the Hot Water Pipes, Victoria Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMomentsMom View Post
Here is the first pic we have of DD at 2 days old--

and here's a pic of her from July 4th weekend

She has fought long and hard--some of this story may seem heartbreaking but it's really a testament to her strong will and her successful fight to overcome all of her adversities---her NICU journey was 3 months of systemic sepsis,Staph, BPD, ventilators, heart trouble and ROP Stage 4. She was discharged from the NICU and had to return 9 days later to the hospital for blood clots in her legs--discharged again, only to return a mere 3 days later for emergency bilateral laser surgery to both eyes to prevent total blindness from the ROP. We thought she was in the clear until she began silently aspirating into her lungs--the lungs were severely damaged from the ventilators and her lungs were not fully developed--causing BPD. So the damage was nearing a fatal point her, she was classified as a failure to thrive with imminent death--they admitted her into the hospital for a Nissen Fundoplication(to tie the stomach in a knot, to prevent fluid from reentering her lungs) and Gtube(feeding tube) surgery. One of the worst days of our life, because my beautiful 5 month old, 8lb baby girl died on the table during the surgery. She was revived after 3 minutes--but she suffered brain damage and now has Cerebal Palsy, which effects her walking pattern and swallowing pattern among other developmental issues. BUT that is such a small part of her life--she is a beautiful, happy and spoiled, little girl! That's her abbreviated birth story--I won't go into much more of her medical stuff, but I wanted to share just a little bit--the info might be needed as we plan and play with the princesses!

Her 1st trip to Disney is to celebrate her life, her struggles and her triumph over it all--she started her life as a preemie princess and now she finally gets to meet the Disney princesses!
There are tons of pictures like that first one in my house...my sister and I were born 4 months early and we both have CP (but it affected us differently). We're now turning 15 and August and made the honor roll in school. Our grandma finally took us to WDW in 2007...my TR's in my signature. It was an amazing experience for me...she'll definitely remember it forever
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!ssemmx0 View Post
There are tons of pictures like that first one in my house...my sister and I were born 4 months early and we both have CP (but it affected us differently). We're now turning 15 and August and made the honor roll in school. Our grandma finally took us to WDW in 2007...my TR's in my signature. It was an amazing experience for me...she'll definitely remember it forever
You are an amazing girl! Way to go on the honor roll!!!!! I'm off to read your trip report from last year!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #12
m!ssemmx0
All you need is love ♥I don't care if my tea leaves say "Die Ron, die", I'm chucking them in the bin
Don't breathe on me, Adrian

Location: Blackmail; Behind the Hot Water Pipes, Victoria Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMomentsMom View Post
You are an amazing girl! Way to go on the honor roll!!!!! I'm off to read your trip report from last year!
Aw thanks. People tell me those kinds of things all the time...I guess I'm just used to it after 15 years(:
Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
raider97
DIS Veteran

As a mother, my heart breaks for you reading your story of what you have been through. You have such a beautiful little girl. We are also going this Christmas. I look forward to hearing about your planning and getting to know you better.

Stephanie
Old 08-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

It's been an exciting few days around here--it started out with a puppy falling in a hole at 2:30am and living with us for a few days until we found his home and getting a brand new kitten all in the same 24 hours I'd like everyone to meet Belle....

She's such a sweet kitty and GenevaClaire is over the moon about her!

We're getting ready for the beach trip-I hit up a bunch of clearance sales yesterday and got some cute stuff--and today we're headed to the mall to see if we can find any other good sales!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
MagicMomentsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
As a mother, my heart breaks for you reading your story of what you have been through. You have such a beautiful little girl. We are also going this Christmas. I look forward to hearing about your planning and getting to know you better.

Stephanie
You are so sweet! Do you have a trip report? I'd love to read it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: