Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Picture List

Hi girls!

I was wondering if those of you who used outside photographers, whether Randy, Misty, The Roots, ect. Provided them with a list of photos that you wanted. If you did provide a List how did that work out for you? Were you happy you made one? Were the photographers ok with having a list? and if you didn't make one, do you wish you did? did you request certain photos the day off the wedding?

I've just been looking at some of your pictures and there are so many pretty ones i want to re-create! I just hate coming off as a bridezilla and i dont want to be bossing Randy around.

TIA!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm glad you posted this!! I want to start coming up with a list too!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
figment fan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Oh I'm glad you posted this!! I want to start coming up with a list too!
Do you think its acceptable to make a list? I dont want Randy to think i'm pushy or taking over his artistic privlidges
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

I think so!! I am sure other brides do the same thing.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Do you think its acceptable to make a list? I dont want Randy to think i'm pushy or taking over his artistic privlidges
I had Randy and told him in advance that I was putting together a list. I had it at home and then completely forgot to print it off The morning of the wedding when he arrived he asked if I had my list with me since he hadn't gotten it yet. I said I completely forgot!

He told me not to worry that it wasn't a big deal and just asked the types of shots I was looking for that day. I gave him a rundown of things- I wanted shots of all the little details, centerpieces, programs, etc. I also wanted food shots and at the Living Seas I wanted tank shots with people in them. He said no problem and remembered everything I asked for that day.

Throughout the day as I remembered other little things I would mention them and then Randy would make sure that the pictures were taken

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Once you confirm with Misty she gives you a log-in to her client area...There are all sorts of lists and you just check off what you want, add names of people, etc...very cool feature

ETA: In talking to her she is cool with you giving her a list of photos-but she also warns you that each photo takes about 5 minutes and if you give her too many she will worry more about the list than trying to get shots in the moment...She also warns you that if there are some shots that you want...the lighting may or may not be the same that was in the photo that you show her...So, you might not get the exact shot. She was very up front and doesn't want you to be disappointed. I appreciated that honesty.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Here is a good starting point from The Knot. Although, as a Disney bride there were a lot of things that I wanted which were specific to WDW.
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-p...spx?MsdVisit=1

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

We had a short list for Randy.

Mostly specific locations we wanted to take picturs at the Adventurers Club and also specific people/combinations of people we wanted pictures of.

A few of our "really cool" ideas made for LAME photos. While some of the things Randy had us do that we were rolling our eyes at turned out to be GREAT photos.

So I'd say don't over plan it. Give him some basics and then lots of room to do what he does so well. You won't regret it.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
dhay
Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!

This is what I sent. Photose were the most important past to me.

Must NOT Have photos
• Bride peering over bouquet or smelling it
• Bride shoving bouquet towards camera
• Bride and groom kissing and shoving bouquet towards camera
• There will be no cake smashing or feeding each other with our hands
• Too many of just the bride- this is our wedding to the love of my life, I am not a huge fan of a lot of bride only portraits. The day is about us.

Must HAVE photos
• Bride peering out window curtains- pic where you get the bride’s back only
• Any pics of my handsome soon to be hubby in his suit 
• Boardwalk dip (B&W with Boardwalk sign in color)
• Petal toss- B&W but petals in color
• First look
• Many candids of bride and groom. I want a lot of sweet moments and “Awww” pics
• Just a few posed family shots- but I do not want to spend a lot of time here. Would prefer to do this before ceremony in GF lobby so after ceremony we can focus on bride and groom shots around Boardwalk
• Any cute pics of my niece and nephew
• Remembrance rose my dad will place on empty seat next to him to honor my mother
• I want a lot of fun goofy lovey ones of us fooling around the Boardwalk- photobooth etc
Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhay View Post

Must NOT Have photos
• Bride peering over bouquet or smelling it
• Bride shoving bouquet towards camera
• Bride and groom kissing and shoving bouquet towards camera
• There will be no cake smashing or feeding each other with our hands
• Too many of just the bride- this is our wedding to the love of my life, I am not a huge fan of a lot of bride only portraits. The day is about us.
I am printing our your NOT have's...lol....seriously they are exactly what I do not want!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
figment fan21

Awe thanks for all the help!!! You guys are awesome, idk where i'd be with out my brides! (and groom! )

DHAY your list is perfect! I'm going to take some of those into consideration!

my other figmentfan thank you for that knot dot com list! that'll help too!

And RPMDFW thanks for that advice! I have a feeling Randy knows what he is doing and will have good ideas, so i'll keep the list short!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhay View Post

Must NOT Have photos
I wish I would have thought of this before because I really didn't get any pictures of Bobby. I got a few but not as many as I would have liked.
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I think i'll do a short list for Randy, such as at the fountain in the GF, but for the rest I think i'll just see what he suggests on the day.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

I'm using DPS and I plan on giving my photographer a list of must haves and will not pose fors. (it drives DFi nutty that I call the must not list that)

I also plan on sending my list along with some sample photos to my planner to forward to my photographer before my wedding day. I'm also hoping to be assigned a photographer by my planning session so I can sit down with them and discuss my vision for photography.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
flowerbelle
Mouseketeer

This is a GREAT post! I have to admit, I'm looking to make a list as well. However, judging from the photos Randy recently took of us for our engagement photos, he is EXCELLENT and I trust that I'll LOVE our photos like many other couples before us!!!!! You can view a slideshow of them at http://chapmanphotography.typepad.com/
FYI--Ours is the first photo slideshow on the page.

Last edited by flowerbelle; 07-02-2009 at 05:09 PM.
flowerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: