Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

We survived the monorail

We had a very nice trip overall with a few hiccups but nothing that couldn't be worked out.
Sun Dec 13 after enjoying our Extra Magical Hours at Magic Kingdom we had a not so magical experience when our Monorail was stuck close to the Grand Floridian station. Holy smokes.... 6 feet and we would have been in station.... after what seemed like an eternity we were pulled/pushed into station and then bused over the Ticket Transportation Center. A few quick sorrys from our poor driver and that was it...... Disney did not take anyone's names or do anything for all the hundreds of people stuck on it. We complained that night and asked for a call back and received none. On our final day, my DH went to guest services and was there over 1 hour. They came out with a one day park hopper that is good for each of our family (that was there) to be used in a future visit. This was a nice compensation for the issue.
Other things that were not so magical - what the heck happened to Mickey wake up calls???? Something we look forward to and were hoping to share with our 3 yr old DS. The phone just rang and nothing on it, not even a person saying this is our wake up call, have a magical day. We had no Mickey Magic in our room. It was cleaned but no extras... Now to the A+ side of the trip.... We had one wonderful awesome amazing waiter at Chefs de France, Lidio. If you have the opportunity to dine at Chefs de France - ask for him.. HE is worth it. By far he is the best waiter we have ever had!

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

How long were you stuck on the monorail? I just read about folks that were stuck on it for 3 hours around one in the morning.

As far as the Mickey wakeup call...I totally agree! They really screwed with it and now you're lucky if you even get a character on the phone. They usually play that awful tween Disney music. I miss my Mickey calls soooooo bad.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

We were the lucky ones, if you call it that. We were stuck for over 1 hour. People in the car next to ours, we heard people freaking out and trying to kick out the windows and break the door. I spoke with a family from Scotland and they were stuck for 3 hours. The thing that kinda irks me is that Disney told the news that they were working with the people who were affected. What a joke. No one took our names when we exited the monorail. No follow-up on how sorry they were, nothing. I can't believe that said that.

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
hucifer
The tag that was here was staler than 3 yr old bread crumbs
The Van Halen song "Running with the Devil" was about my parakeet!
Smell anything? It's just my sauerkraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJHuntleyCO View Post
We were the lucky ones, if you call it that. We were stuck for over 1 hour. People in the car next to ours, we heard people freaking out and trying to kick out the windows and break the door. I spoke with a family from Scotland and they were stuck for 3 hours. The thing that kinda irks me is that Disney told the news that they were working with the people who were affected. What a joke. No one took our names when we exited the monorail. No follow-up on how sorry they were, nothing. I can't believe that said that.
I'm shocked, I really am. Especially for being there for an hour! I would definitely have expected some sort of compensation for that length of time.

One time my husband and I were in a Star Theatre movie and when the movie started, it took several minutes before Star realized they inserted the wrong film. We're talking MAYBE three minutes of the film was shown. They apologized and turned on the lights. My husband and I joked that they owed us free popcorn for that. Then they had ushers pass out free movie tickets to everyone in the theatre. I thought that was a HUGE compensation for three minutes of our time.

So when you say an hour...that's ridiculous. What if you had to go to the bathroom???
Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

Sorry you got stuck on the monorail! I was soooo glad that we started our trip at BW this time because we love closing down the park and all I could think when I heard what happened was that if I was on one of those monorails...I would have freaked. I generally do not like the monorail ( I know...not like most who love them!!) I just don't like the feeling of confinement on them and only once was I on one that really got held up for about 15 minutes, other than the "stopped for traffic" times. My first thought was OMG--what if someone had to go to the bathroom! Each time I did get on the monorail after hearing the two problems gave me a little bit of panic lol Hope you had a great trip otherwise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: