Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #46
bethyylovee
Simba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerudall View Post
Welcome, fellow Arizonan. This will help:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm
That's what I thought! Thanks!

Me & DF
bethyylovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #47
Fivers
Mouseketeer

Thanks to fantastic tips I found on here, my family brought the Brita filter bottles to WDW when we went in May, and they were fantastic! I'd read that the fountain water there can be a little dicey, but with the filter we didn't notice any taste at all! I've brought that bottle with me other places, and have drank hotel tap water, etc with no problems. Definitely worth the investment
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #48
purplecrush
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been to these places lately? Are they still there?

Also, has anyone tried the Brita bottles? Im just wondering if they will filter out the Mio/crystal light that I will have to put in there

The Bobble bottle filtered out the flavor, it was gross lol

Thanks!

purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush

Also, has anyone tried the Brita bottles? Im just wondering if they will filter out the Mio/crystal light that I will have to put in there

Thanks!
The four listed in the OP are still there. I know nothing about Britain bottles.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #50
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush View Post

Thanks!
They are made to filter out any flavor or other impurity. So I believe they will filter out the mio flavoring that you add to your water.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #51
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Can't you put the Mio in the bottle and then add the water? Don't the Brita bottles open? I honestly don't know so I'm asking. lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #52
merida2013
Earning My Ears

Thank you
merida2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #53
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

You can also get free water at any walk up counter (they will give it to you in a cup with a straw and lid) at Disneyland. I don't bother to bring in my bottled water anymore because I know that I can get it for free anywhere.

Also, "Cali" (I have never actually called it that, and am a native California) is not all the same. I live in the Bay Area and our water is fantastic. I'll admit that the Anaheim water tastes different, but I will drink it and it is fine for the short term.
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #54
purplecrush
Mouseketeer

Ive been to Disneyland twice and I cant stand the taste in the water faucets..bleh!!

I guess im used to our great Oregon water

Guessing I probably should leave the bottles in the hotel and just grab some free water then.

Thanks

purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #55
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

The Brita and the Bobble both filter the water as you drink it, not as you fill the bottle. So any flavoring would be filtered out. I think the point of filtering is so you don't have to add flavoring and artificial stuff.

We used the filtered water stops listed in the OP with our regular Nalgene bottles and I thought the water was fine. If you got that water you could add flavoring to it in a regular bottle. We're from the Bay Area and have decent tap water here, and I found the filtered Disney water fine.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #56
beckymomof2
Mouseketeer

Good post. Thanks.
beckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #57
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia
You can also get free water at any walk up counter (they will give it to you in a cup with a straw and lid) at Disneyland. I don't bother to bring in my bottled water anymore because I know that I can get it for free anywhere.

Also, "Cali" (I have never actually called it that, and am a native California) is not all the same. I live in the Bay Area and our water is fantastic. I'll admit that the Anaheim water tastes different, but I will drink it and it is fine for the short term.
Yea, water here in Sacramento is gross, but when I go "home" to SF, I can drink it from the tap (although I'm a Pur girl when traveling anywhere else) (BTW, I think maybe only people from other places call it "Cali" not those of us from here . Sort of like people from outside the Bay Area say "Frisco" or, my favorite, "San Fran")

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecrush
Ive been to Disneyland twice and I cant stand the taste in the water faucets..bleh!!

I guess im used to our great Oregon water

Guessing I probably should leave the bottles in the hotel and just grab some free water then.

Thanks
If the fountains are filtered water too, which was reported earlier in the thread, isn't the filtered ice water in the cup the same filtered water as the fountains? Won't it taste the same?

Oh, and does anyone know if metal refillable bottles are allowed in? I would think we would hear if not, but I just want to be sure.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #58
MateasMom
We're Mimis junkies
I'm not even remotely goth...

Yes on the metal refillable bottles. I carry a Contingo with me at all times, lol, and have never been questioned about it.
MateasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #59
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
The Brita and the Bobble both filter the water as you drink it, not as you fill the bottle. So any flavoring would be filtered out. I think the point of filtering is so you don't have to add flavoring and artificial stuff.

We used the filtered water stops listed in the OP with our regular Nalgene bottles and I thought the water was fine. If you got that water you could add flavoring to it in a regular bottle. We're from the Bay Area and have decent tap water here, and I found the filtered Disney water fine.
Got it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
Yea, water here in Sacramento is gross, but when I go "home" to SF, I can drink it from the tap (although I'm a Pur girl when traveling anywhere else) (BTW, I think maybe only people from other places call it "Cali" not those of us from here . Sort of like people from outside the Bay Area say "Frisco" or, my favorite, "San Fran")

If the fountains are filtered water too, which was reported earlier in the thread, isn't the filtered ice water in the cup the same filtered water as the fountains? Won't it taste the same?

Oh, and does anyone know if metal refillable bottles are allowed in? I would think we would hear if not, but I just want to be sure.
Our tap water has so much added to it that it tastes odd to me. We are zoned for agriculture so they add all kinds of things.
You could always call it "Franciscoooooooooooooooooooo" like Will Ferrell. LOL I just call it "The City" now. lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #60
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71
LOL I just call it "The City" now. lol
I have actually called it The City ever since I moved away, lol
larina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: