Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #31
larina
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if these are still in place? Are there any in Ca Adventure?
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
Goofypop
DIS Veteran

Any plans on doing something like this in WDW?
Goofypop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #33
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Just to let everyone know that you can walk up to any restaurant (or counter service) and get a tap water in a cup for free. We didn't even carry our water bottles last trip. They typically give you a cup with a lid and straw, and put ice in it too.

We did this in both California Adventure and Disneyland.

We didn't spend any money on drinks our last trip at all. I am not a big soda drinker, and neither are my kids--so it works perfectly for us.
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #34
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

Bump!

We're going to DL this weekend and definitely plan on drinking filtered water a lot. We would love to find out if there have been any additions or changes to the places where you can get filtered water at both parks? Some people mentioned in the past that they could only find one spot at DL...The Rancho Zocalo place... any other locations? How about at DCA? Thanks!
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #35
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
We're going to DL this weekend and definitely plan on drinking filtered water a lot. We would love to find out if there have been any additions or changes to the places where you can get filtered water at both parks? Some people mentioned in the past that they could only find one spot at DL...The Rancho Zocalo place... any other locations? How about at DCA? Thanks!
We were in DL in August and found the one by the French Market. not sure about DCA though!
Aladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #36
duckwife
Mouseketeer

When we were there in May, there was one at Tomorrowland Terrace and inside the Plaza Inn. I think that accounts for all 4 that were originally reported. We also refill our water bottles at any regular water fountain as this is also filtered water.

Disneyland trips 1982, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, May 2011, Nov 2011, March 2012, November 2012, May 2013, Oct 2013
duckwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Just to let everyone know that you can walk up to any restaurant (or counter service) and get a tap water in a cup for free. We didn't even carry our water bottles last trip. They typically give you a cup with a lid and straw, and put ice in it too.

We did this in both California Adventure and Disneyland.

We didn't spend any money on drinks our last trip at all. I am not a big soda drinker, and neither are my kids--so it works perfectly for us.
do they really do this? give away free ice water? if so... i'm thinking leave the water bottles at home, and just order water with ice in a cup from all the counter service places when we get thirsty

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #38
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
do they really do this? give away free ice water? if so... i'm thinking leave the water bottles at home, and just order water with ice in a cup from all the counter service places when we get thirsty
They do, but unless they've changed things, they are tiny, kids' size cups. Some places gave me two cups just by default, and I'm sure they would give you more cups if you asked for it.

I drink a lot of water so I have to have water bottles, but if the weather isn't too hot and you don't drink a lot, the counter-service water might be just fine for you. I think some people here do it with no problem.
Eeee-va is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #39
lcasa
DIS Veteran

At the last d23 shopping day at Mickey's of Glendale I started chatting with an employee ( are they still CMs if they work at corporate?) who told me she had worked her way up from maintenance and was now in charge of scheduling maintenance for all plumbing - and I swear she told me EVERY fountain had a filter that was replaced on a very regular schedule ( every couple of months or less - don't remember exactly).
lcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #40
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcasa View Post
At the last d23 shopping day at Mickey's of Glendale I started chatting with an employee ( are they still CMs if they work at corporate?) who told me she had worked her way up from maintenance and was now in charge of scheduling maintenance for all plumbing - and I swear she told me EVERY fountain had a filter that was replaced on a very regular schedule ( every couple of months or less - don't remember exactly).
I believe it, and I find the fountain water at Disneyland is not that bad. I bring drink mix powder, but have drank the fountain water straight at DL and it tasted OK. Unlike WDW's water, it does not have a smell, either...
Eeee-va is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #41
ShaunaM
DIS Veteran

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
I found this elsewhere and thought it was great info, especially in the summer heat.

"Filtered water spigots are available throughout the park at several locations throughout Disneyland, although I've noticed that in recent years there are fewer and fewer. A filtered water spigot will certainly always available in the kitchen area and main feeding area of the Baby Center on Main Street. The water is refreshing and ice cold! Stop in and say hello. The hostess are happy to let you refill your water bottles!

Other spigots can be found at:

1. ★The Plaza Pavillion restaurant on the west side of Main Street
2. ★The French Market in New Orleans Square
3. ★Rancho del Zocalo in the dining courtyard in Frontierland
4. ★Tomorrowland Terrace to the left of the order windows"
This is great info..anyone have any is inside of DCA?
Disneyland , Seaworld & Legoland February 2010
Disneyland February 2011
Disneyland September / October 2012
Disneyland February 2014
ShaunaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
The Rocketeer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaM View Post
This is great info..anyone have any is inside of DCA?
At DCA, the Baby Center is just to the left when you're entering the park. It's next to Guest Relations. There is a water fountain with cold water and plastic cups. Twice last weekend we popped in there and refilled. We chatted with the CMs there for a couple of minutes.

I also ask for a large cup of water when ordering food and then I fill my bottle that way too.
The Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #43
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i ask for med cups of ice or ice water and they give it fine. I also fill my ice cups up with my soda i bring
JadeDarkstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #44
bethyylovee
Simba

I know this is totally irrelevant, but what is DH, DD, DS?

Me & DF
bethyylovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #45
bakerudall
Real Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyylovee View Post
I know this is totally irrelevant, but what is DH, DD, DS?
Welcome, fellow Arizonan. This will help:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm
bakerudall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: