Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #31
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I agree. Stay away from Malnati's pizza. Oldest DS ordered it one night and I was sick for two days and my DH hated it--and he loves his pizza.
Really?!

We go to Lue M. at Elk Grove all the time and my kids love that place and pizza. If there is a problem, Iíd say itís in your location only.

Many places make great pizza, deep dish or not, but if you like Vegetarian Pizza (believe me, I love meat on my pizza and normally I wouldnít touch veggie pizza anywhere), the Deep Dish Lue Vegetarian Special (spinach pizza) is the only thing Iíll have over there.

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5056 View Post
Really?!

We go to Lue M. at Elk Grove all the time and my kids love that place and pizza. If there is a problem, Iíd say itís in your location only.

Many places make great pizza, deep dish or not, but if you like Vegetarian Pizza (believe me, I love meat on my pizza and normally I wouldnít touch veggie pizza anywhere), the Deep Dish Lue Vegetarian Special (spinach pizza) is the only thing Iíll have over there.

Nope, not the location. Hated the one son brought home from Wheaton and hated the one in downtown Chicago. Just don't like it, sorry.
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #33
Took
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodisney View Post
I don't know the western suburbs very well but I think you would be failrly close to Brookfield Zoo. I would opt to go downtown. Take an architecture boat trip from Navy Pier. My favorite pizza would be Giordano's or Gino's East. The Shedd is not my favorite-I think it's expensive for what the experience is. The big fireworks will be on Friday night-expect HUGE crowds.
I second the Giordano's rec. It's our favorite. It can be hard to get a table at during busy times, so try to go at an off time.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #34
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Just got back from Naperville (my sister lived in Chicago - Lincoln Park - before selling out and moving to the burbs), and although I'm not familiar with the restaurants (I don't remember where we ate when we visited), as someone 20 minutes from NYC, please don't go to a major city, and eat at a chain restaurant. Heck, even when we visit my sister in "napertuckey," we end up driving a 1/2 hour to go to a real restaurant. I'm sure everything is going to be packed that weekend, so try not to overschedule. And never drive into a city for a holiday weekend - public transportation, plus some patience.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #35
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

"napertuckey"

As a 16+ year Napervillian, that is the FIRST itme I have heard that phrase...awesome.....it's true, whole lot of town w/the same predictable stuff on every corner.
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #36
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nope, not the location. Hated the one son brought home from Wheaton and hated the one in downtown Chicago. Just don't like it, sorry.
We just stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Elk Grove and asked for a Giordano's location. They said there wasn't one close but suggested Milnati's on Higgins road. What a waste of $30. I would have rather travelled the 20-30 minutes to pickup a good pizza, which is what we did the next day.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #37
RabbitFood
Mouseketeer

Naperville has one of the best restaurants ever--and it's not a chain--Meson Sabika.
RabbitFood is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: