Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
ColleenG
DIS Veteran
 
ColleenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,474

Great shots Fitzperry! My DD does the same thing. This summer she is working on a distance record . Just hope we don't have any visits to the ER. If so I'll be sure to bring my camera!
__________________
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
fitzperry
DIS Veteran
 
fitzperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Great shots Fitzperry! My DD does the same thing. This summer she is working on a distance record . Just hope we don't have any visits to the ER. If so I'll be sure to bring my camera!
Thanks!

Mine are using pine cones to mark their record distances. We came inside after the little one jammed her chin on her knee and the big one twisted her wrist. Hope we all stay out of the ER!
__________________
Jen

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing
 
Gdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 5,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzperry View Post
I'm having trouble getting good focus on action shots, as evidenced by the second image in particular. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Are you shooting in AF-S or AF-C?
__________________
Thanks-
Jeff
Gdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
fitzperry
DIS Veteran
 
fitzperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
Are you shooting in AF-S or AF-C?
AF-C. I've been switching between the dynamic and auto area modes and can't decide which I prefer. Do you have an opinion on that or any other tips?
__________________
Jen

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing
 
Gdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 5,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzperry View Post
AF-C. I've been switching between the dynamic and auto area modes and can't decide which I prefer. Do you have an opinion on that or any other tips?
I personally hate the Auto Area AF- every time I try it out it's a disaster. I am probably in Single Area AF-C 90% of the time and Dynamic Area AF-C the other 10% mainly just for birding.
__________________
Thanks-
Jeff
Gdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #21
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443
 
oregondaddyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 735

Here is one from tonight... My wife held my birthday party a few days early since I have family out of town this weekend and my birthday is on the 4th of July

Nothing says summer like a bar-b-que full of steak kabobs!!


oregondaddyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #22
stitch1986
Stitch Lvr
 
stitch1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Davenport,FL
Posts: 810

ok I dont know if this can count but my mom finished a centerpiece and here it is
__________________
1993,1999,2006,2007,2008,2010,2011 on site WDW
2009,2010 DL


"Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten, eeh" Stitch from Lilo and Stitch
stitch1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #23
stitch1986
Stitch Lvr
 
stitch1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Davenport,FL
Posts: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondaddyof2 View Post
Here is one from tonight... My wife held my birthday party a few days early since I have family out of town this weekend and my birthday is on the 4th of July

Nothing says summer like a bar-b-que full of steak kabobs!!


that looks yummy
__________________
1993,1999,2006,2007,2008,2010,2011 on site WDW
2009,2010 DL


"Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten, eeh" Stitch from Lilo and Stitch
stitch1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #24
oregondaddyof2
Dis Dad's Club Member #443
 
oregondaddyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1986 View Post
that looks yummy
They were amazing!!!
oregondaddyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
YesDear
Admired by the Tag Fairy for such a brilliant user name!Looks more like Sully, acts more like Stitch
 
YesDear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,517

So is there anything more patriotic than a slightly used Fourth of July Mickey antenna topper?

Taken this morning on DW's car before she went to work!
Shot with Nikon D300 50mm MF lens at 5.6 1/1600sec at ISO 400. Why? Because that is what the camera was set on and DW was threatening to run me over! That is why!!

__________________
YesDear
Have a Magical Day!

"Also cute and fluffy" Stitch

Last edited by YesDear; 07-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.
YesDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #26
Miller1412
DIS Cast Member
"X"
Official Tag Fairy Landing Target
Real cooks laugh at me
 
Miller1412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hockessin, DE
Posts: 1,872



Shot with a Nikon d300, 70-240 mm zoom in A priority, f/5.6, 1/500
__________________





1995 Dixie Landings Honeymoon, 2005 10 Year Family Anniversary at AKL, 2006 10 days in paradise at the Poly! Upcoming Jan. Weekend getaway!
Miller1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?
 
Pea-n-Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 22,408

Olympus E-510, 24mm f/1.8, 1/750, ISO 200

__________________



Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #28
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,331

A nice thread and idea Pea-n-Me! Of course our big Summer, Americana, Patriotic event was LAST week - the rodeo! But I'll work on something new for the assignment.

I like your chair shot!
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #29
Frantasmic
*crickets*
I just tell everyone I'm the CPIC for the day
 
Frantasmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 3,126

Here's my contributions:

I cropped this down and liked the three people saluting the flag. The original is so large with the top of the flag visible, and I was debating whether to include the whole flag. I think this gets the point across and makes a better picture. This is for the Patriotism category.



the next picture is my Summer contribution. Who doesn't enjoy a good book outside in the summer?

__________________
Canon 60D User
Canon 6D User
Frantasmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #30
fitzperry
DIS Veteran
 
fitzperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
I personally hate the Auto Area AF- every time I try it out it's a disaster. I am probably in Single Area AF-C 90% of the time and Dynamic Area AF-C the other 10% mainly just for birding.
Thanks Jeff. I use Single Area more often than not when I'm in AF-S, but I've been experimenting more with Dynamic and Auto Area AF-C. Maybe I should give Single AF-C another try.
__________________
Jen

fitzperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5/30/2010-5 Night Disney Wonder Memorial Day Double Dip! Roster-Post 626 on page 42 KSDisneyDad Disney Cruise Meets 1305 06-25-2010 06:39 PM
BL Summer Challenge 2009 lisah0711 W.I.S.H 1558 09-09-2009 10:38 AM
*Secret Summer Exchange ~ Sent/Received* mandymouse UK Community Board 262 07-07-2009 01:54 PM
DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #63 dznyscrapper Scrapbooking 56 07-01-2009 06:10 PM
DIS all nighter! minniemouse440044 Teen Disney 145 06-30-2009 11:04 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.