Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

CSR Bday Trip: Update p. 2 CSR Review p.3

We just arrived at CSR this morning and had a full day exploring the resort and Animal Kingdom! So far, our trip has been amazing! we did get the rennovated room we requested!

I promised some pics of CSR and want to elaborate more on our day, but that pool is calling my name!!

Update on the heat and crowds: AK was the busiest park today and we did everything in 5 hours that we wanted to do. We didn't wait no longer than 30 mins for anything! It was hot and humid, but nothing some good hydration didn't take care of!

Also, CM's were not rude and it didn't seem like Disney service is any different...I read a lot of reviews that said that and I got worried. So far, the pixie dust has been with us! ....well except for the ME driver hitting the disney resort van...long story, tell ya later!

here are some quick CSR pics...I'll do a full TR after we get home

CSR lobby

shower

single sink

beds

sliding doors for extra bathroom privacy

tv

comforter and pillow

i'm going to hold off on giving my opinions of this resort until I return and give my full TR. Hope you guys enjoy pics of the room! I have also taken many pictures around the resort, the ranchos section, casitas, and pepper market.
Stay tuned!!

Last edited by kindra657; 07-06-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: 3rd day update
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
acellison
Mouseketeer

Have Fun!

Sounds like you are having a great trip so far. Thanks for the pics of CSR. We will be staying there for the first time in September

Enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to your trip report
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of "our" home away from home. Be sure you look for "Glen".
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures. Have a great trip!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
jwsteelman
WDW veteran

I told you CSR is awesome!! Now with the renovated rooms it is even better!! Have fun at the pool!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsteelman View Post
I told you CSR is awesome!! Now with the renovated rooms it is even better!! Have fun at the pool!!
Glad she listened to you!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
sassysasha
Mouseketeer

Just me 35
Old 06-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Now that I'm relaxed and in bed, I may as well start this trip report while everything is fresh in my mind .

Last night was AWFUL!!! I couldn't sleep at all! JWSteelman woke me up with a txt msg at 9:45 and I didn't go back to sleep until 1am!

Good thing I had everything out and ready because I wasn't worth much this morning till I got a strong cup of coffee in me!

Got my Dis Tags!!!

We got to the CLE airport about an hour early and parked with FastPark. We got an online coupon for $2.76 a day!!

We arrived at MCO 10 minutes early and were the 1st in line for the CSR ME line. You no longer have to go to the ME desk before entering the line for the buses. You just go straight to the line and they scan your ME papers. That was great!! Much more efficient!

They ended up putting us on the bus with POP and CBR guests, so we were the last to get dropped off . This has become a wallace family tradition! LOL

The best feeling comes over me everytime I see this sign!! I feel butterflies in my tummy and I get all warm and fuzzy inside!

The bus driver, Daryll Andrews, kept looking at his cell phone and consistantly went 10 miles UNDER the speed limit!! URG!!
When at CBR, we were stuck behind another bus. Our bus driver decided to back up all the way out of the bus area, which I thought was a pretty dumb idea, and he hit a Disney Van. The driver said "oops, well at least it's the same company" and he kept going!!! He didn't stop to report it or anything!

We FINALLY arrived at CSR about 1 hour after our plane landed and I was immediately happy with our choice of resort. CSR is so much like a deluxe!! We are BCV, AKL, and AKV fans! We like comfortable and beautiful resorts. CSR was NOT a disappointment at all!! It blows POFQ away by far!!!!

We did the online check-in 10 days ago. When we arrived at check-in today, there was no line for the online check-ins. He reached under the desk and handed me our packet. That was it!!! I was like WOW!!!! Our room wasn't ready yet, so we took our 2 carry-ons and my laptop bag to bell services to hold it until our return.

We strolled around CSR and I immediately fell in love with the ranchos section!! If I had to choose my favorite style, that would be it....even though the pictures do not do it justice!!! Our room is in the Cabanas...8B. There's a hammock outside of our building that has my name all over it. I'd go out there now while typing but 1. this bed is waaaay comfy, 2. i'm in my pj's and 3. my laptop needs to charge. ROFL!!

ranchos quiet pool

It's about a 5 minute walk to El Centro and a 2 minute walk to the Dig Site. Many people say that this resort is sooo big and too far to walk from one side to the other, but I found that the ranchos and the cabanas are the best areas if you want good access to El Centro AND the Dig Site.

Well, we traveled to the land of the animals today. We found our way under a tree and we hung out with some bugs.

Then we went on an african wildlife safari

We danced and sang with Simba, Timon, and Pumba

Traveling back in time and capturing a dinosaur was amazing!!

Then we climbed Mount Everest and encountered a Yeti!! WOW!

Dinner was great too! I didn't know that they sold Margaritas in Tibet!!

You find no pics of me grubbing on here!! HEHE!!! Just everyone else!!

Hope you enjoyed the beginning of the TR. We are off to Epcot for rope drop in the morn and lunch at Coral Reef. We'll probably head back to CSR to hangout at the pool for the remainder of the day...plus I have homework to do tomorrow. (YUCK!!)

To all of you who don't like the big pics, sorry. I kinda like 'em big and I don't know how to resize them. haha!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
KatMark
DIS Veteran

GREAT START! I am so glad you love CSR...it makes me very happy!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by acellison View Post
Sounds like you are having a great trip so far. Thanks for the pics of CSR. We will be staying there for the first time in September

Enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to your trip report
Glad you're on board!! Sept is a great time to be in Disney and you will LOOOOOVE CSR!!!
We are DVC members and DH and I both decided that we HAVE to stay here more often...for our weekend stays (we don't use our points on the weekends).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the pictures of "our" home away from home. Be sure you look for "Glen".
Who is Glen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Have a great trip!
Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsteelman View Post
The pool was amazing!! The water was perfect! Not too warm where it wasn't refreshing and not too cold where it's hard to get in. We didn't stay long cause I was wanting to get back on the boards but we did make it down the slide That was cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
GREAT START! I am so glad you love CSR...it makes me very happy!
I'm glad I love CSR too!! Thank you for sharing so much info on it and helping with my resort choice!!

A QUICK NOTE:
I am a disney fan through and through...I know that negativity attracts a lot of attention on these boards, but I am not a negative person. For future reference, I usually find the positive in almost any situation and my vacation is too short to nitpic everything that is wrong or bad. If something is unsatisfactory, I will report it (like our ME driver), but for the most part, I don't pay much attention to negative things on my vacation.

Also, my definition of crowded and someone elses may be different. My first 3 Disney trips were during spring break...I have a high tolerance

So if you want a fun-disney loving trip report, continue reading... cause that's just how I roll.

Also, I did a pre-trip report (link is in signature) if anyone wants to know more about the Wallace Family
Old 06-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

"Glen" is the CSR resident alligator--you can find him in the lake.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your report. I was reluctant to book CSR at first (the theming isn't really my cup o' tea), but now I can't wait to get there! The new beds look delicious and the renovated rooms just look luxurious.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
stitchypoo
Mouseketeer

Hello to a fellow Clevelander!
I'm enjoying your live trip report, and I love the bug-eyed picture by the Dung and I poster . I need to remember to take a similar picture next time I'm in AK. Also, I love your positive attitude, it makes enjoying WDW a lot more fun! Sending you more hoping it makes your stay even more magical!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #14
jezaduck24
Mouseketeer

Jumpin on! We are staying at CSR in September!

You SCORED on your room location! And what was that divine looking steak and rice thingy from Yak and Yeti?????

Can't wait to see more.

Off-Site 1974 Off-Site 1980 Disney Institute 1996 ASMu - 1997 AKL - 2001
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
steelmans DW
Crazy for Mickey & Captain Jack Sparrow!!

Hey Kindra, I'm glad you like CSR. We prefer the Ranchos theme too. That's what we've requested every time we've stayed there (about 6X so far!) We also plan on spending our weekends there after our upcoming trip. Ben wanted CR and the ap rate was pretty good so we said ok. Thanks for the pic of the Shaoxing steak & shrimp at Yak & Yeti. I will be having that for my dinner next Thursday!!!!! YAY!!!

KatMark: I love your pic of Glenn. As many times as we've been there we've never seen him yet. We go over to CSR to eat at least 2X every trip no matter where we're staying and everytime we look for him. We will look for him again while we're there very soon now!!! Maybe this time we'll get lucky and see him.

Last edited by steelmans DW; 06-30-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: